Post-Game Talk (GBU): Weber Nightmares and Other Sabres Terrors

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
How loud did the "Fire Darcy" chants get in the arena? (Not that it has any bearing on his future, but hey, it's at least entertaining.)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G
-I didn't have to watch the 1st period

B
-I couldn't because I was waiting for my bus home from work

U
-It was pouring the entire time

Really though, the more I see from Pysyk, the more I love him as a player. Other than that... team still sucks, nothing new.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I might actually be happy if this happened next year.
McDavid will be cool, whoever we get first this year, won't be as much.

Sam Reinhart would be our best prospect in 20 years, there is a lot to get excited about a player like him.he doesn't have elite speed but he thinks the game at an extremely high level. He is a #1 center prospect from what ive seen (not this year yet but 18pts in 8gp)

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Sam Reinhart would be our best prospect in 20 years, there is a lot to get excited about a player like him.he doesn't have elite speed but he thinks the game at an extremely high level. He is a #1 center prospect from what ive seen (not this year yet but 18pts in 8gp)

nothing has annoyed me more than this weird, "oh too bad it's not macdavid this year..." mentality within the context of actually getting a #1 overall pick...

ptrm2112

Jul 8, 2012
G:
Umm, Vanek scored a goal. Trade value yada yada.
Pysyk and Risto are going to be very good.
I'm accepting this suffering better than I expected.

B:
Many things. Mainly the lack of impact players (vets) to get this team going.
I'm not quite sure if Rolston knows what he's doing.

U:
Weber, yikes. I know guys have bad nights but wow.
Myers
Offense

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Just wondering, anybody who wanted us to hold onto Vanek and Miller starting to think differently?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
nothing has annoyed me more than this weird, "oh too bad it's not macdavid this year..." mentality within the context of actually getting a #1 overall pick...

Seems like Sam gets really underrated by the average fan because he isn't a speedster, the kid can flat out play the game and make others around him better, RNH like who was nearly PPG as an 18YO. I think Reinhart/Hodgson would be good enough to contend down the middle in the for the next 6+ years

While their isn't the McDavid in this years draft you can still get a franchise forward with the first pick or two.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Holy hell this crap is tough to watch.

It's strange being 5 games into an 82 game campaign and knowing the season is lost, isn't it?

Just praying we don't screw up the #1 or #2 pick.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Was shocked at how little fans were there and how many left early. Even in down recent years the building seems full. I would say that people treat the game as more of a thing they will check out. Tons came late, and even more left early. Very few stayed the whole game. It is going to get really bad come dec/jan.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Was shocked at how little fans were there and how many left early. Even in down recent years the building seems full. I would say that people treat the game as more of a thing they will check out. Tons came late, and even more left early. Very few stayed the whole game. It is going to get really bad come dec/jan.

They announced 18,000+ attendance (or rather ticket sales) but it may have been more like 60%-70%.

The mass exit came at the final commercial break stoppage with around 3 minutes left.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
Just wondering, anybody who wanted us to hold onto Vanek and Miller starting to think differently?

I say keep Miller, trade Vanek. We can't score with him, we can't score without him... makes no difference. Darcy knows how to get maximum value for guys. Vanek could fetch even more than Pominville got.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005

It's a weekday game against a team that this town has traditionally not given a crap about. I agree that more than usual were not there, arriving late, or leaving early. My son and I stayed for the whole thing. I think that we were the crazy ones ;)

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
G
Risto was good
Pysyk is solid
Vanek trying to score goals like a 19 year old rookie (that was a nasty looking goal), but falling 3 goals short
Cody and Kaleta fighting on the same shift

BB
Does Weber have to interfere with a goalie every time the play gets close to the net?

UUU
There is a problem when McBain looked like he was the better defensive defensemen when paired with Myers.
Foligno with the frustrated double minor.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
An observation I made---I could be wrong----

I dont think the Foligno brothers played against each other outside of during a line change on the fly.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FWIW, Myers (-7) and Weber (-8) are now last in plus/minus league-wide; 596th and 597th respectively. Other names on page 20 include: Callahan, CoHo, Vanek, Keith, S.Weber, MDZ, Hall, etc.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
G-
Psysk is quietly having a nice season so far. Good for him.
Nice fights by Kaleta and McCormick.

B-
Weber ... Yikes bro.
No sustained pressure on the O zone.

U-
Impatience

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
FWIW, Myers (-7) and Weber (-8) are now last in plus/minus league-wide; 596th and 597th respectively. Other names on page 20 include: Callahan, CoHo, Vanek, Keith, S.Weber, MDZ, Hall, etc.

Team that can't score at all and allows a ton of shots/goals against has a lot of bad +/- players? Shocking, I say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad