Post-Game Talk: We suck again

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Barkov out, tkachuk out with illness, knight in for bob and not doing well as usual,, 11 forwards dressed with Giles, Greer, gadjovich, Loustarinen and Lundell making up 5 of those, not like erod and Jesper are big producers either so really it’s all on Verhaeghe, Reinhart and Bennett for the most part.

Not worried at all. Like every season…it’s a long way to go and the team will lose games, it is what it is. The first couple weeks may be a little rough especially with no barkov

Last edited:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
How we doin fellas

7cb80c38314bf940.jpg

This team sucks. Just finalize the sale to Quebec City.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think we're fine, we were good in the opener. It was 6-2 until 3 minutes left in the game. In Ottawa we had a bad first period that cost us, and Ullmark was great. He's a terrific goalie when he's on. We played well for the last two periods. This game wasn't the best effort, but missing Barkov and Tkachuk is huge. Barkov, I mean everyone knows what he can do offensively and defensively, but he also just wins every battle. He's a massive part of our lineup, and just tilts the ice in our favor in most games. Injuries happen and we have to win some games without him, but nonetheless it's a factor. They have to do a better job playing without him, and Knight has to play better, although he did make some great saves in the 3rd to give us a chance.

Like Maurice said, he's also just playing his first NHL game in awhile. He might be better in a couple games. Boqvist and Giles are also not used to playing center. I expect the whole team to be sharper next game. It could be worse, we could be looking like the Oilers right now .

Reactions: zeroG and Laus723

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Are people actually concerned or is this just people being sarcastically overreactionary? Barkov out, no Tkachuk, Knight let in 3 REALLY weak goals, a hurricane just went through and we’ve lost two we SHOULD have won. Of those things, my only concern is Knight.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s true. We suck again. The only question is for how long. Will we suck next game too? Yeah probably. At least two more games. This team needs adversity for some reason. I think we’re starting the season 1-5. One change I’d make is put Drieger in goal. Another is demote Ek to third pair with Balls who can skate backwards twice as fast as Ek forwards, so he’ll cover for Ek at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad