WWE: WE ARE N X T 2.0: Who are these people?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Alright. So I’ve seen em now. The entrance is cool. He’s over. Buuuut I don’t get it. Aside from the fun entrance I don’t see what’s there. This sort of gimmick doesn’t have much staying power outside of NXT and the indies either

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Alright. So I’ve seen em now. The entrance is cool. He’s over. Buuuut I don’t get it. Aside from the fun entrance I don’t see what’s there. This sort of gimmick doesn’t have much staying power outside of NXT and the indies either

He got himself over on his own and is really likable. Mostly that.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I do agree that he’s just kind of meh in the ring, but man, he’s over and his entrance is hilarious.

Bobby Roode was similar. Was good in the ring but didn’t really WOW me. Everyone just loved his entrance at the end of the day.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He got himself over on hie own and is really likable. Mostly that.
I do agree that he’s just kind of meh in the ring, but man, he’s over and his entrance is hilarious.

Bobby Roode was similar. Was good in the ring but didn’t really WOW me. Everyone just loved his entrance at the end of the day.
I was kinda thinking he was a decent Zach Ryder comp, but Ryder back during his internet champ gimmick was likely 2x the athlete. Bob Roode is a solid comp, I can’t really poke holes in the logic comparing the two. Maybe Roode is better in the ring? Maybe Hendry has a bit more presence? I’m not sure yet.

Reactions: Fro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was kinda thinking he was a decent Zach Ryder comp, but Ryder back during his internet champ gimmick was likely 2x the athlete. Bob Roode is a solid comp, I can’t really poke holes in the logic comparing the two. Maybe Roode is better in the ring? Maybe Hendry has a bit more presence? I’m not sure yet.

I think he is more charismatic and a better talker then Ryder.

He isn't as boring as Roode either though I would say Roode is better (Roode was technically super sound but worked a really boring style)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

I'm not sure what his gimmick is since I don't watch TNA, but he's been using that song since back in the dying days of ROH. I guess there's just more eyes on in it now. But regardless he's managed to get himself over since, even if it is just the song.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm not sure what his gimmick is since I don't watch TNA, but he's been using that song since back in the dying days of ROH. I guess there's just more eyes on in it now. But regardless he's managed to get himself over since, even if it is just the song.
He coule make for a novelty act to be used sparingly. Just trot him out there every now and again to make a save, or to be used for a beat down. The entrance should be good for a big pop every time. Long term though, there's nothing left after the entrance IMO

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Reminder that this guy has been doing the same novelty act for 17 years.

8EGyL6Gz_400x400.jpg

Reactions: Sheppy and Jussi

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
More on Bobby Stevenson's departure from WWE.

from cagesideseats.com:

It’s important to note here that Kemp was not cut but rather WWE simply chose not to renew his contract, something we’re seeing more and more of in recent times. He most recently appeared on, well, the most recent episode of NXT television. He had been working as a member of the No Quarter Catch Crew in the midst of a four year run on the developmental brand.

Kemp is the younger brother of Gable Steveson, who was cut by WWE back in May. As talented as the two brothers are in their respective ways, it seems the company has decided it has no creative direction for them in the future. Kemp is still just 25-years-old, however, giving him plenty of time to carve out a space in the industry elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad