Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Lol I don't know how any of what I said sounded like hurt feelings, but ok. I'm just living in your world big guy, I've no problem that my team is the underdog. I just don't speak where I talk down the competition, that's just asking for attention, something obviously many of you desperately need haha. Anyways, good luck to us in the series, we will need it! See y'all game 1
Every team need luck, Nucks more then us though.

A whole world outside Vancouver thinks you are big underdogs.

It will be a big upset if coming true second round.

Good luck!😉

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Here's a good comparable, both teams will ice 12 forwards, 6 defenceman, and 2 goalies tomorrow. They will also both have head coaches behind the bench, along w assistant coaches and trainers! Pretty even Steven to me!

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Oh hey, look! More of these regular season stats that “don’t matter”. :clap:
So if regular season stats don't matter, it gives everyone carte blanche to make up whatever they want about the regular season?

Okie dokie.

Jonas Hoglander was suspended by the Canucks for 12 games during the regular season for an unfortunate incident at the Vancouver Aquarium involving 3 starfish, too little clothing, and 1 traumatized sea otter who was forced to watch everything.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So if regular season stats don't matter, it gives everyone carte blanche to make up whatever they want about the regular season?

Okie dokie.

Jonas Hoglander was suspended by the Canucks for 12 games during the regular season for an unfortunate incident at the Vancouver Aquarium involving 3 starfish, too little clothing, and 1 traumatized sea otter who was forced to watch everything.
My condolences to the sea otter , but who the f*** is Jonas Hoglander?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Again, adding a round is not only really weird but blatantly incorrect.

You’re a consistent poster, I’ll give you that.
Was the qualifying round not a round for the playoffs?

Was the qualifying round not used towards the stats players have accumulated in the playoffs?

Key words here being qualifying ROUND, so yes it is considered winning a round in the post season. Perhaps all stars accumulated in that round should also be removed the the NHL

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
9th place after starting 2-9-1 when everyone around here was counting the Oilers out

they've been one of the best teams in the NHL since
9th place. I’m not really interested in the lame excuses. No other team gets a pass for a stretch of poor play.
The Canucks missed their Vezina finalist goalie for a good chunk of the season and the playoffs and no one is giving them a pass.
Like you said, we will have to see what happens next year to both teams.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
9th place. I’m not really interested in the lame excuses. No other team gets a pass for a stretch of poor play.
The Canucks missed their Vezina finalist goalie for a good chunk of the season and the playoffs and no one is giving them a pass.
Like you said, we will have to see what happens next year to both teams.
“Oilers are stagnating” but
“We have to wait till next year”
You’re all over the place lol

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Don’t be so hard on you Oiler fans, you don’t make things up, you just arbitrarily decide what counts in the regular/post season :sarcasm:
I don't really care about the regular/post season debate. But you seem fixated on it - once going after an Oiler fan for responding to a Canucks fan's statement specifically about the regular season, and now for informing a Canucks fan about what does not constitute a "bubble team" according to generally accepted terms.

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
“Oilers are stagnating” but
“We have to wait till next year”
You’re all over the place lol
Canucks are a bubble team!
Look at what happened to Seattle!
Sure the Canucks finished higher in the standings but the Oilers had a crappy start!

You haven’t made a single coherent argument. Lol.
I liked you better when over half your posts were about the Canucks PDO in every single game thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Three On Zero

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I love all this house money talk from both sides, lol. Yea like it won't hurt the same pain losing. Sorry guys, maybe I'm in the minority, but when I cheer my team on, I don't cheer them on thinking they'll lose, and I don't feel any amounts better by presuming they should lose and do lose. What kind of fans are you people!? Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad