WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
It would be really great if people embedded twitter links properly. I hate having to go to that trash site to find out whatever is being posted about, and then find out it something like 'media availability' or something else irrelevant.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

B-Mo says Canucks in 6. The guy knows his audience.

Spector over on SN is really pissing me off these last couple of days. First off he goes on and on about the regular season doesn't not mattering then goes on and says the oilers have better goaltending because Skinner had a better regular season than CDS. Playoffs however our guys have been much better

Than just now on SN he again mentions reg season not mattering and the oilers firing on all cylinders while he says we struggled against Nashville and there's no way we hold the oilers in check etcetera etcetera and saying it in just the most arrogant tone.

Nevermind the fact that Nashville was a better offensive team since late Jan than the oilers as well as a better PP we somehow get bo credit from anyone .

Something else that pretty crazy is since the ASG, we were the #1 team in several defensive categories, like expected GA, shit suppressor, high danger chances, slot chances and rush chances.

I really don't see how pundits and even a lot of our fans just think the oilers are on some other level than us with us proving our system is so good we shut down the 9th highest scoring team, 1st since Feb, 3rd best pp in that time as well without our #1.
We are now that team that literally can plug goalies in and not skip a beat. Best defensive team in round 1 and actually better 5on5 overall in round 1 than them.

We are also the 5th highest scoring team in the regular season
Really don't see why people think the way they do.

Game 1 is going to eerily similar to game 1 against these guys.
7-2

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Spector over on SN is really pissing me off these last couple of days. First off he goes on and on about the regular season doesn't not mattering then goes on and says the oilers have better goaltending because Skinner had a better regular season than CDS. Playoffs however our guys have been much better

Than just now on SN he again mentions reg season not mattering and the oilers firing on all cylinders while he says we struggled against Nashville and there's no way we hold the oilers in check etcetera etcetera and saying it in just the most arrogant tone.

Nevermind the fact that Nashville was a better offensive team since late Jan than the oilers as well as a better PP we somehow get bo credit from anyone .

Something else that pretty crazy is since the ASG, we were the #1 team in several defensive categories, like expected GA, shit suppressor, high danger chances, slot chances and rush chances.

I really don't see how pundits and even a lot of our fans just think the oilers are on some other level than us with us proving our system is so good we shut down the 9th highest scoring team, 1st since Feb, 3rd best pp in that time as well without our #1.
We are now that team that literally can plug goalies in and not skip a beat. Best defensive team in round 1 and actually better 5on5 overall in round 1 than them.

7-2

Mark Spector isn’t someone I go to for…well…anything.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lol I have no issue with what Whitney said. If Bieksa said the exact same things everyone would be stroking off to it. Chiclets is great.

I love it. It fires everyone up even more. Give me all the bad blood, but you guys need to learn to take it.

Takeya

Jun 21, 2018
whose gonna contain perry and kane if they want to play "dirty" against vancouver star players.
The last time soucy hit Kane he missed 3 games afterward.
he was also missing from practice yesterday

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Indiana

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006

7-2
Spector is the biggest idiot in the game... I love listening to him ask the oiler players the stupidest questions

He asked McDavid was it more us or them to why they lost game 1 of the season the other day

Reactions: mossey3535

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009
Why is Winnipeg going 3-0-0 against Colorado in the regular season and losing round 1 all the 'Insiders' talk about with this series yet they all ignore Boston went 4-0-0 against Toronto in the regular season and beat them in Round 1; Confirmation bias?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Why is Winnipeg going 3-0-0 against Colorado in the regular season and losing round 1 all the 'Insiders' talk about with this series yet they all ignore Boston went 4-0-0 against Toronto in the regular season and beat them in Round 1; Confirmation bias?

Canucks beat the Predators in every game and won their series too. Regular season head-to-head match-ups don't mean a whole lot for the playoffs. The thing is, it seems to be a straw man argument being thrown around in the media. No one that matters is arguing that because the Canucks swept the Oilers in the regular season that means they'll beat the Oilers in the playoffs. It's just a talking point because most pundits don't have the capability(and in fairness, time) of digging deeper into a series and analyzing tactics, counter-moves, and specific match-ups.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Canucks beat the Predators in every game and won their series too. Regular season head-to-head match-ups don't mean a whole lot for the playoffs. The thing is, it seems to be a straw man argument being thrown around in the media. No one that matters is arguing that because the Canucks swept the Oilers in the regular season that means they'll beat the Oilers in the playoffs. It's just a talking point because most pundits don't have the capability(and in fairness, time) of digging deeper into a series and analyzing tactics, counter-moves, and specific match-ups.

I honestly think most pundits look at the Canucks, see no Demko, and write them off.

I think the fact that the Canucks just had to scratch and claw their way past a structured, hard hitting and tight checking Nashville team will help them approach this series with the right mindset.

Obviously a certain amount will depend on us getting reliable goaltending - but I like the way our skaters match up vs. theirs. They have superior offense, we have superior defense.

Just stay out of the box.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I honestly think most pundits look at the Canucks, see no Demko, and write them off.

I think the fact that the Canucks just had to scratch and claw their way past a structured, hard hitting and tight checking Nashville team will help them approach this series with the right mindset.

Obviously a certain amount will depend on us getting reliable goaltending - but I like the way our skaters match up vs. theirs. They have superior offense, we have superior defense.

Just stay out of the box.

Per the bolded, which is honestly fair. Without Demko the Canucks should be big underdogs. Silovs, despite playing well against Nashville, is a question mark. He's performed well in part of one playoff series and middling tournament last summer. He's regressed slightly in the AHL and his regular season starts have been fine but shouldn't inspire confidence. The best we can hope for is that he's another in a weirdly long line of surprise playoff hero goalies.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC

7-2

Well said. We are probably most closely related to the Hurricanes. Probably not as deep defensively but basically very few fans know how well this team defends. Which is partly why I don't really gey the Tocchet criticism. I think he's a top 3 coach in the league right now - and not just this year but moving forward I think Tocchet will have a job in the NHL for a very long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad