HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pettersson gets a pass for me this year, let's not forget how good he was in his first playoff performance. The guy's been playing like this since his extension.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
That Edmonton trio is insane.

If Oilers make the finals and play ~24-25 games - and if all of McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard keep up current scoring pace:

Both McDavid and Draisaitl will beat Gretzky's single playoff run all-time points record of 47 points
Bouchard will beat Coffey's all-time single playoff run point record for a defensemen of 37 points

Bouchard with 5 game winning goals is already #15 all-time for defensemen. And he's #2 all-time behind Orr for PPG.

I like both Vancouver and Edmonton - but my prefernce is certainly to see Edmonton go all the way this year. I know rounds get tougher as you go - so there's no guarantee that if they reach the final they keep up pace, but I'd say it's still extremely possible they do with the way they've been going.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
That Edmonton trio is insane.

If Oilers make the finals and play ~24-25 games - and if all of McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard keep up current scoring pace:

Both McDavid and Draisaitl will beat Gretzky's single playoff run all-time points record of 47 points
Bouchard will beat Coffey's all-time single playoff run point record for a defensemen of 37 points

Bouchard with 5 game winning goals is already #15 all-time for defensemen. And he's #2 all-time behind Orr for PPG.

I like both Vancouver and Edmonton - but my prefernce is certainly to see Edmonton go all the way this year. I know rounds get tougher as you go - so there's no guarantee that if they reach the final they keep up pace, but I'd say it's still extremely possible they do with the way they've been going.
It really is crazy how other-level McDavid and Draisaitl are. As much as I like Vancouver going for their first Cup, I want to watch the Oilers' superstars in the SCF.

That said, I still think Dallas has the best team. Whoever comes out of the West, I hope they kick Florida or NY's ass.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It really is crazy how other-level McDavid and Draisaitl are. As much as I like Vancouver going for their first Cup, I want to watch the Oilers' superstars in the SCF.

That said, I still think Dallas has the best team. Whoever comes out of the West, I hope they kick Florida or NY's ass.

McDavid and Draisatl do what they're paid to do every year in the playoffs.. then Matthews and his merry gang of losers ask to be compensated at that level and gear down in the playoffs.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
This guy said just this week that Tsyplakov was signing with the Habs.

Yes, but what Rotenberg is saying is of interest. There was noise about Michkov wanting out of his contract in the past few weeks, let's see where it goes.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
McDavid and Draisatl do what they're paid to do every year in the playoffs.. then Matthews and his merry gang of losers ask to be compensated at that level and gear down in the playoffs.
The Leafs players think that they were soooo close after bowing out in the first round again. They act like they just lost in the conference finals again when that's not the case at all.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Miller is an absolute dog. He's the type of guy who will have a fit when things are going bad and be a total headcase in the room to be around but boy does he bring it when it matters. Canucks fans left him for dead last year , he was totally mailing it in so it's understandable and look at him now and this year.

They really got spanked last night i can't wait for game 7. I hope its a good game

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Correct, the Leafs and the Habs were two teams he met, or his agent talked to...

No one said he was going to sign here afaik.
You’re just being obtuse I guess.

It says right there in the tweet that he’s hearing he’s gonna sign with the Habs and a few hours later he signs with the Isles.

Anyway, believe who you want. Idgas

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

On the surface, sure, Toronto's 'core-four' haven't earned a penny of their gazillion dollar salaries. On the other hand, their annual failure brings so much joy to so many.

Anything that brings the hockey world together like that is priceless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad