WCSF | Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Round 2 - FIGHT!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

It’s official, bring on the Oilers!

1714790122557.png

IMG_0045.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Oiler Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 25GP, 3G, 19A, 22Pts
JT Miller - 32GP, 11G, 23A, 34Pts
Brock Boeser - 31GP, 16G, 11A, 27Pts

Season Series:
October 11, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 8-1

October 14, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 4-3

November 6, 2023
Vancouver def. Edmonton - 6-2

April 13, 2024
Vancouver def. Edmonton 3-1

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I am concerned about Vancouvers offense but I think Edmonton is getting overrated here.
Their defense is just not very impressive and Skinner is prone to meltdowns. The main worry will be taking too many penalties as their PP is deadly. If we can mostly stay out of the box I think it goes 7 games.

Opposite for me, I think we'll score in this series. Hughes should feast. Key will be not allowing the Oilers to score 4+ goals every game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Harnarayan Singh?

Bonino bonino Bonino bonino Bonino bonino Bonino bonino Bonino bonino Bonino bonino boooo kneeeee nooooooo!

Canuck player does something awesome: *crickets*

It’s going to be Singh and DeBrusk if the Leafs get to Round 2.

If the Leafs lose, we might luck out at get Cuthbert and Simpson.

Hopefully they get Shorty on the radio so I can mute the broadcast and listen to him if we get Singh/DeBrusk..that’ll be unbearable.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

Hopefully they get Shorty on the radio so I can mute the broadcast and listen to him if we get Singh/DeBrusk..that’ll be unbearable.

Would much rather Shorty. Got spoiled this series

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Don't underestimate the Oilers. to me, the early season games kinda mean nothing.

Unfortunately, we can't fight fire with fire, I know a healthy Petey is no in Mcdavids league. But If he was healthy, Pettersson could torch that defence, and we can ultimately fight star power against star power. Now it kinda up to JT Miller, Brock, and maybe Lindholm to step it up to shut down Mc Drai.

Gonna be a dandy. A canadian team is going to be in the top 4!

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker

I'm 100% muting those goofs if we get them.

Worst PBP crew in the league.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Would much rather Shorty. Got spoiled this series

Bias aside, Shorthouse is the best announcer currently working and I don’t really see a solid argument otherwise. Cuthbert has slowed down and is chasing the play a bit. I like Gord Miller well enough - but nobody paints a picture with the play and conveys the excitement for both sides in every game like Shorthouse does.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Don't underestimate the Oilers. to me, the early season games kinda mean nothing.

Unfortunately, we can't fight fire with fire, I know a healthy Petey is no in Mcdavids league. But If he was healthy, Pettersson could torch that defence, and we can ultimately fight star power against star power. Now it kinda up to JT Miller, Brock, and maybe Lindholm to step it up to shut down Mc Drai.

Gonna be a dandy. A canadian team is going to be in the top 4!

Nobody is underrating the Oilers. We'll be heavy underdogs in this series objectively.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I mean, they shouldn't. The Canucks are a bigger market than the Oilers.
The problem is, Singh and Debrusk are seen as "neutral" commentators, not necessarily Coilers guys.

They obviously are Coilers guys, but Sportsnet acts like they're not.

It's very frustrating.

hoping for a leafs elimination so we get cuthbert?
I'm hoping for a Leafs elimination because it's the bloody Leafs. **** those cretins.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Onto the series - the Oilers seem to be the darling of a lot of the Canadian media, and they still get a lot of people picking them to win the Cup.

Playoff McDavid and Draisaitl is going to be scary to deal with. But I think if the Canucks play up to their potential, they’re right in this.

But we’ll need to be disciplined, and we need to be firing on all cylinders - that means our PP and Petey getting off the schneid.

Do those things, and I think we can stun the Oilers.

Reactions: vancityluongo

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I’d legitimately prefer the American feed over Singh/DeBrusk calling an Oilers game. Just non stop ejaculating over every little play the Oilers make.
It's honestly not bad. Tonight it was Utica's old play-by-play plus Daren Pang. That's a pretty f***ing good duo.

Would be really cool to see Burke do play-by-play with Demko considering he was there for when he was in Utica.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

lawrence

May 19, 2012
But at the end of the day, I get the American feed. Sucks to suck LOSERS USA-USA-USA o_Oo_O

Oh boy, I take the ESPN feed or the American feed any day over the trash being used by CBC. Heck even with the Nashville feed, I know they will bias towards the preds, but at least I have an expecation of how they will call it unlike CBC.

Reactions: Sonny A and Petey O

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
There's a chance that we get Cuthbert instead of either Shorty or the Oilers broadcast duo if Toronto loses, hell even if they win they might want there top guy on the all Canadian series

so now we cheer for the leafs because of this?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Onto the series - the Oilers seem to be the darling of a lot of the Canadian media, and they still get a lot of people picking them to win the Cup.

Playoff McDavid and Draisaitl is going to be scary to deal with. But I think if the Canucks play up to their potential, they’re right in this.

But we’ll need to be disciplined, and we need to be firing on all cylinders - that means our PP and Petey getting off the schneid.

Do those things, and I think we can stun the Oilers.
Edm will get PP chances. Van has to been close to even on PP goals.

Going to be a different game plan than vs Nash. Offence for Edm is more dangerous and explosive. Nash had Jossi, McDonaugh on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad