WCSF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/18/13 - Can't Win Them All, Especially Shorthanded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooty

Dec 31, 2006
Harbor City, CA
Yeah he's looked pretty ****ing good the whole playoffs except one bad game. It's too coincidental he had one bad game and got benched for it, but he was "injured" that game. I know you love Sutter with all your heart but no one is perfect and you should stop acting like it.

I don't think suggesting that the coach is a racist is appropriate.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't think accusing the coach of racism is appropriate.

Exactly ....A-Mart is not even Hispanic. He is like a 1/4 Hispanic. Even he admits he has no idea why people think he is.

The guy is pretty much White....Happens to have a Grandfather that was Hispanic, and took the last name.

Also it doesn't matter what Sutter does apparently some of you are going to trash him regardless.

Then let the Guy do his freaking Job then after it's all said and done you can ***** and Moan.

Cause you're going to anyway.

Captain Mittens*

Exactly ....A-Mart is not even Hispanic. He is like a 1/4 Hispanic. Even he admits he has no idea why people think he is.

The guy is pretty much White....Happens to have a Grandfather that was Hispanic, and took the last name.
He's not even Hispanic. He has Spanish ancestery

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It's impossible to know why someone is or isn't playing unless all the facts are known, and facts are never known in the playoffs.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Is it possible that it could be discrimination? I highly doubt Amart is banged up again he just had one bad game. I really don't understand why Sutter wouldn't play him. I'm sure damacles would say something to defend Sutter as always but there's no excuse.

Yeah he's looked pretty ****ing good the whole playoffs except one bad game. It's too coincidental he had one bad game and got benched for it, but he was "injured" that game. I know you love Sutter with all your heart but no one is perfect and you should stop acting like it.

5881505288_23eb298167_z.jpg

KingKopitar11*

I was just wondering I didn't say he was. It was out on a limb, I don't see there being a reason he would sit.

KingKopitar11*

One guy is a keyboard Hero (yourself)....The other has been a coach in the NHL for Years.....

I think Sutter knows more about what is going on with A-Mart and Hockey than you do.

I am sorry I put my faith in Guy that actually works in Hockey and Coaches it.

Also has a Stanley Cup....Played in the league too, But that guy doesn't know anything right ?

Jesus some of you are amazing with your stupid comments.

Well I don't like to sit around and assume everyone is perfect, but I can tell you do. The team won the cup with his help, but it's a team game. So stop with that ******** thing you try to force as a sole reason.

He helped the team set them straight but he can **** up like everyone does In the real world.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Had to have been this, re-watched both of those a couple times and it amazes me how one was called and the other wasn't. Thornton initiates contact getting free from the d-man on the first goal. there's no question that Thornton initiates the contact however light it may have been. The Lewis call watch the replay and watch Marleau's stick. he gets it in his skate and directs him the entire way right into Niemi.
Not the reason the Kings lost (that blame falls on the Kings no-existent offense) but they are both rather bafflingly inconsistent calls which is sadly typical for this league.

I don't know if anyone else thought this, but when the refs arm went up after the goalie collision, I thought it was going to be a hooking call on Marleau instead of the goalie interference on Lewis.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well I don't like to sit around and assume everyone is perfect, but I can tell you do. The team won the cup with his help, but it's a team game. So stop with that ******** thing you try to force as a sole reason.

He helped the team set them straight but he can **** up like everyone does In the real world.

Sure everyone makes mistakes, but I am confident Sutter has a good reason for the things he does.

Not on a whim or out of stupidity, like you try and accuse him of(after the fact mind you).

The way you talk about Sutter, he shouldn't be coaching a Pee wee league team.

The same team you are referring too, was dead in the water with Terry Murray.

So lets not talk about Sutter like he was some sort of passenger on the Cup team.

I am pretty sure you were one of the people saying Sutter shouldn't have played Quick at all down the stretch....

How stupid does that look now ? Had Sutter not played Quick and he was not ready for the playoff's, The Blues would be playing the sharks right now...

That is why Sutter is an NHL coach, and you are some person at a keyboard.

Had the Kings pulled that win out(could of without all the dumb PK's) no one would be clamoring for A-Mart.

You all would have shut your traps. All would have been right in Kings land.

Last edited:

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
This might be a little OT but i was wondering our Track record for games landing on member birthdays? I might be having a birthday on an upcoming game day.

Might? Are you gonna go back and time and change the date of your birth if the record is bad? :laugh:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The lineup change I would like is Penner with Richards/Carter.

But hey maybe Richards and Carter like King there, and Lewis/Penner like playing with each-other.

Who knows, The second line has been the best line and most productive...That's with King sucking so much(according to everyone). So they must be doing something right.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This might be a little OT but i was wondering our Track record for games landing on member birthdays? I might be having a birthday on an upcoming game day.

The only time I've paid attention to it was a day game in 2005 against Florida that I went to. We won and Demitra played a great game.

RIP :(

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Yes, but I'd rather go back in time and tell Lewis to bank away from Niemi. Don't want him to be like that Mendoza kid from that Hockey movie...wait wasn't he #22 also? :huh:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

I'm late to the party on this one....so not sure if I have this correct. Are you saying that we lost the last game because Martinez didn't play? I kinda thought it had to do with taking two penalties at the end of the game and something about not scoring more than one goal.

And are you also saying that Sutter is a racist? I guess we now know why Stewart hasn't played a shift...it's all making sense.

KingKopitar11*

Sure everyone makes mistakes, but I am confident Sutter has a good reason for the things he does.

Not on a whim or out of stupidity, like you try and accuse him of(after the fact mind you).

The way you talk about Sutter, he shouldn't be coaching a Pee wee league team.

The same team you are referring too, was dead in the water with Terry Murray.

So lets not talk about Sutter like he was some sort of passenger on the Cup team.

I am pretty sure you were one of the people saying Sutter shouldn't have played Quick at all down the stretch....

How stupid does that look now ? Had Sutter not played Quick and he was not ready for the playoff's, The Blues would be playing the sharks right now...

That is why Sutter is an NHL coach, and you are some person at a keyboard.

Had the Kings pulled that win out(could of without all the dumb PK's) no one would be clamoring for A-Mart.

You all would have shut your traps. All would have been right in Kings land.

I didn't say he was a passenger but everyone had a big part and let's not forget that carter trade got things going.

You can say what you want pee wee or not, professionals make mistakes. Everyone does. No matter how much you clutch him in your Palm he can make mistakes, it's possible. I'm not saying he didn't help win the cup but everyone had a big part, especially carter. Martinez may be injured like you assume or Sutter is ****ing up. Any which of the two are possible. So let's not play pretend here because Sutter isn't god.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm late to the party on this one....so not sure if I have this correct. Are you saying that we lost the last game because Martinez didn't play? I kinda thought it had to do with taking two penalties at the end of the game and something about not scoring more than one goal.

And are you also saying that Sutter is a racist? I guess we now know why Stewart hasn't played a shift...it's all making sense.

Who knew right ?

That A-Mart with his 13 mins a night (on average) his 6 points in 32G (career mind you) in the playoffs.

Was the lynch pin to the Cup team...

You would have thought Sutter benched Doughty.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I didn't say he was a passenger but everyone had a big part and let's not forget that carter trade got things going.

You can say what you want pee wee or not, professionals make mistakes. Everyone does. No matter how much you clutch him in your Palm he can make mistakes, it's possible. I'm not saying he didn't help win the cup but everyone had a big part, especially carter. Martinez may be injured like you assume or Sutter is ****ing up. Any which of the two are possible. So let's not play pretend here because Sutter isn't god.

Not God just a really good Hockey coach. That has reasons for lineup changes.

The Kings record was getting better prior to Carter coming on board, so Sutter's changes were already making a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad