WCSF Gm#1: KINGS vs. Sharks - 5/14/13 - One Down, Three To Go!!! GO KINGS GO!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't understand how people on the main board thinks that he only got the shoulder and not the head. It looked pretty obvious to me that he got Stoll's head.

They are right that it wasn't a charging penalty though. It didn't look like he left his feet. But he did target his head, it was a blindside hit, and since its Torres, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he did get suspended.

Sydor25

LA Kings
I don't agree with the underestimating of the Sharks. But it has nothing to do with jinxes.

I'm not worried that the kings will underestimate the sharks. Sutter won't allow it. I'm sure there is plenty of issues that Sutter will talk with the team about after game one.

Overall, I thought the kings controlled the game after the first ten minutes. Wasn't worried about a comeback by the sharks. I don't think the shots told the real story.

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada
The TSN feed showed a graphic about the average size of the Kings, Sharks, and Canucks. This is off the top of my head: Kings are 6'2 213, Sharks are 6'1" 203, Canucks are 6'1" 193.

HNIC before the playoffs said the Kings are the tallest and heaviest team in the playoffs

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I don't understand how people on the main board thinks that he only got the shoulder and not the head. It looked pretty obvious to me that he got Stoll's head.

They are right that it wasn't a charging penalty though. It didn't look like he left his feet. But he did target his head, it was a blindside hit, and since its Torres, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he did get suspended.

Charging doesn't necessarily mean a player having to leave their feet. Sometimes it's the distance a player skates in order to lay a hit. Which I believe may have applied here.

KingKopitar11*

Agreed on the bolded. It's unfortunate for both Stoll and Torres.

Haha what? Maybe if he didn't play like a dirty POS then he wouldn't have that reputation. Serves him right. Dont do that crap in the first place and you wont deal with the repercussions. Simple as that.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not worried that the kings will underestimate the sharks. Sutter won't allow it. I'm sure there is plenty of issues that Sutter will talk with the team about after game one.

Overall, I thought the kings controlled the game after the first ten minutes. Wasn't worried about a comeback by the sharks. I don't think the shots told the real story.

The Game just didn't really have that Vibe did it ?

That looked like a regular season ho hum game.

Man the Blues brought it....

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
I don't know if it's going to be a suspension because Torres got the shoulder, but once again it's a blindside shot from a guy who keeps getting suspended for hits to the head and blindside shots.

The NHL has an obligation to put a stop to it.

TorresHeadshotonStoll_zpse96595b2.png

Torres got Stoll's HEAD ... look at the YouTube in slow-mo around the 38 sec mark.
Stoll was bent over skating and Torres shoulder lands clearly on Stoll's head, snapping it back, the HEAD moves more than Stoll's BODY ... it's pretty clear the Hit landed on Stoll's HEAD.

CHARGING is not about LEAVING your FEET ... it's about DISTANCE TRAVELED to MAKE the HIT ... thus it WAS CHARGING ...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26331

Rule 42 - Charging

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.

A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the Referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

42.2 Minor Penalty - The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a minor penalty, based on the degree of violence of the check, to a player guilty of charging an opponent.

42.3 Major Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a major penalty, based on the degree of violence of the check, to a player guilty of charging an opponent (see 42.5).

42.4 Match Penalty – The Referee, at his discretion, may assess a match penalty if, in his judgment, the player attempted to or deliberately injured his opponent by charging.

42.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - When a major penalty is imposed under this rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

42.6 Fines and Suspensions – When a major penalty and a game misconduct is assessed for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed.

If deemed appropriate, supplementary discipline can be applied by the Commissioner at his discretion (refer to Rule 28).

Last edited:

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Torre****onStoll_zpsde16a73b.png

Torres got Stoll's HEAD ... look at the YouTube in slow-mo around the 38 sec mark.
Stoll was bent over skating and Torres shoulder lands clearly on Stoll's head, snapping it back, only the HEAD moves not Stoll's BODY ... it's pretty clear.
I wonder if the injury might be the neck, and not a concussion.

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada

Haters. Only explanation

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Miss Bob and Jim.

I don't care if the rest of the league continues to know jack about LA. Let them be surprised time and again.

IF San Jose can't make adjustments LA will be in a good postition going forward. The Blues may have been the best thing for the Kings.

That said, I don't think Sutter and Co will let the gang look past the Sharks.

Keep it going boys, no let up.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
After watching that YT vid....Torres hit Stoll right in the head.

Stoll makes it worse by seeing Torres at the last second and moving back.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Westgarth took a 2, 5, and 10 for beating that guy down we'd lose a game. No, we don't need him. If he plays Thursday Nolan should challenge him and that should be that. If he doesn't take it, then hit him hard.

bobafettish*

kings did a good job of neutralizing burns. he turned it up in the 3rd but he was invisible in the 1st and 2nd.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
If Dean isn't happy about the hit, we shouldn't be either. He doesn't come out of the woodwork often and if he does, he has good reason to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad