GDT: WCSF | G4 | Oilers vs Knights | 5.10.23 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Waking up excited/nervous for a must win game 4 in round 2 of the playoffs with the 2 best players on planet earth as members of the Oilers?

If you’d told me this during the DOD era theres literally no chance I would have ever believed you. Enjoy this one fellas, LFG!

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Need to start Campbell. Skinner has not been good, he is 24th out of 28 for GSAE for this years playoff goalies....we aint winning the series with .888 Save pct.
I think you play Campbell and see if he catches lightning in a bottle.

Wonder which side of the bipolar Oilers show up tonight.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Need to start Campbell. Skinner has not been good...we aint winning the series with .888 Save pct. I think you play Campbell and see if he catches lightning in a bottle.

wonder which side of the bipolar Oilers show up tonight.
Play Campbell if the team goes down 3-1, you got nothing to lose at that point.

Playing him now during a game the Oilers have to win is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: onetweasy

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
they'll play a lot better...will it be enough? who knows

be nice if Skinner's glove hand doesn't get exposed

and Nuge decides to be better

and Nurse and Ceci don't lose their brains
Have you ever noticed that basically every goalie we've had here for the past decade has had a poor glove hand? Wonder what the connection there is....

Reactions: ujju2

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Play Campbell if the team goes down 3-1, you got nothing to lose at that point.

Playing him now during a game the Oilers have to win is a recipe for disaster.
Skinner has proven to be unreliable. At this point there isnt much risk in going with Soup as Skinner has been as bad as he was at times in the season.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Skinner has proven to be unreliable. At this point there isnt much risk in going with Soup as Skinner has been as bad as he was at times in the season.
Campbell hasn't proven anything during his time as an Oiler other than being probably the worst goalie we've ever had which is saying an awful lot.

They must win this game. Skinner is the better goalie, period.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
not based on stats, nor eye test
So the entire regular season didn't occur then? Campbell wasn't horrifically bad? A couple relief appearances and all of a sudden the absolute crap season he had is forgotten?

Campbell let the Leafs down last year and the year before when they needed him to win a game. He's going to fix that here?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Campbell hasn't proven anything during his time as an Oiler other than being probably the worst goalie we've ever had which is saying an awful lot.

They must win this game. Skinner is the better goalie, period.
not at all, he has had a large sample of playoff games and has been consistently bad. Soups 2/3 of a game may or may not be a sign he is ready, but we have to give him a shot before the series is sewered...because nothing points to Skinner saving the series.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
not at all, he has had a large sample of playoff games and has been consistently bad. Soups 2/3 of a game may or may not be a sign he is ready, but we have to give him a shot before the series is sewered...because nothing points to Skinner saving the series.
Seeing as Campbell already has a history of letting his team down in the playoffs, there is reason for skepticism regarding his ability to save the season.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
A couple relief appearances and all of a sudden the absolute crap season he had is forgotten?
yes...it's a "what have you done for me lately" league

Campbell let the Leafs down last year and the year before when they needed him to win a game. He's going to fix that here?
and what has Skinner done? almost cost the Oilers against the Kings cause he didn't know he stick was broken in Game 6

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Seeing as Campbell already has a history of letting his team down in the playoffs, there is reason for skepticism regarding his ability to save the season.
I agree, I am skeptical of Campbell getting hot now...but I gotta go with whats happened this playoffs, and Skinner aint it right now. Soup did have .897 last years playoffs...thats a fair amount better than Skinner this year.

Reactions: ujju2

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers desperately need to win this game then become the road-warriors they were all season.

Let's do this!

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
yes...it's a "what have you done for me lately" league

and what has Skinner done? almost cost the Oilers against the Kings cause he didn't know he stick was broken in Game 6
But he didn't cost them the game. And even if he lost the game they still had game 7 to fall back on. If you're going to yank a goalie after every loss you're not going to build any confidence. Campbell went in last game and he gave the Oilers zero confidence in his playing ability. Went into a damn coma for the rest of the game.

I agree, I am skeptical of Campbell getting hot now...but I gotta go with whats happened this playoffs, and Skinner aint it right now. Soup did have .897 last years playoffs...thats a fair amount better than Skinner this year.
He still lost the series for the Leafs. Campbell starts and we'll need to score at least 8 to win. He simply wilts under pressure.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
But he didn't cost them the game. And even if he lost the game they still had game 7 to fall back on. If you're going to yank a goalie after every loss you're not going to build any confidence. Campbell went in last game and he gave the Oilers zero confidence in his playing ability. Went into a damn coma for the rest of the game.
let me know how you feel when Skinner lets in his usual 3 goals minimum tonight

He still lost the series for the Leafs. Campbell starts and we'll need to score at least 8 to win. He simply wilts under pressure.
he let in less goals in the Leafs last 2 losses to TB than Skinner did in his last 2 wins to LA....

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I still agree with him.

I hate southern teams.
After Toronto and Calgary, they're collectively the teams I hate the most.

I was in Tampa for round 1, and literally nobody gives a shit. Most of the city couldn't even tell you the name of their local hockey team (that won 2 cups recently).

It's just a punch to the scrotum watching these southern teams attract all the best talent win a whole bunch of cups, while REAL hockey markets are PAYING THEM to artificially be there.

After Edmonton, the only team I wouldn't mind are the Kraken and the Devils. Actual hockey markets with people who have always loved hockey and play hockey, and have the proper climate to appreciate hockey.

Vegas, Carolina, Florida, and Texas can lick my taint.

Washington is about as far south where they care about hockey. That town is hockey crazy, trust me. Everywhere else, they're fair weather fans who only care if the team is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad