Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Given that it's a Sunday, it would have been completely manageable to have a game at noon in addition to the game at 3:00. Oh well.

This- I absolutely hate the way the NHL schedules. If we have to have a 9:30 game, so be it, but what also drives me crazy is you have 4 games today and a whole Sunday to get them in- but we still have to wait until 7 eastern time to start the 2nd game of the day, which means there will be two games going on at the same time- which is completely stupid.

The NBA also has 4 games today, and they at least have the sense to schedule them back to back to back to back, one after the other.....

Why not do this?

Game 1 1:00 eastern time
Game 2 3:30 eastern time
Game 3 6:00 eastern time
Game 4 8:30 eastern time

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
This- I absolutely hate the way the NHL schedules. If we have to have a 9:30 game, so be it, but what also drives me crazy is you have 4 games today and a whole Sunday to get them in- but we still have to wait until 7 eastern time to start the 2nd game of the day, which means there will be two games going on at the same time- which is completely stupid.

The NBA also has 4 games today, and they at least have the sense to schedule them back to back to back to back, one after the other.....

Why not do this?

Game 1 1:00 eastern time
Game 2 3:30 eastern time
Game 3 6:00 eastern time
Game 4 8:30 eastern time

that of course makes the most sense. what we are seeing though is that the NHL doesn't have that single big tv contract like the NBA. instead they have many much smaller contracts with multiple networks. therefore the networks try to compete against each other for market share. no cooperation from tv is the cause of this mess

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It's not exactly multiple networks, just multiple stations within one network. The stations utilized by the NHL playoffs are all under the NBC banner--same thing happened during the Olympics. They're not in competition with each other, except maybe in house. My guess is that the league made its deal with NBC and had no say in which game went where. That would also be why the same 10 commercials play no matter which station you're watching.

Do NBA games only last 1:30? If they're on the same station they're going to be cutting it pretty close for tip off or if they go into OT.

Most likely the NHL (or NBC) was taking the NBA playoffs into consideration with their scheduling, too. Let them have Sunday afternoon since they're going to get the most ratings anyway.

Last edited:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The term is "network". MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSN are all networks under the corporate umbrella of NBC. I believe USA Network also falls under the NBC corporate banner as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yes, it does. I've seen a few games on USA.

It was getting kind of convoluted in my mind. I guess "stations" is reserved for ABC/NBC/CBS/PBS/FOX affiliates.

In any event, yes there is a corporate umbrella for all the network stations that the NHL playoffs are appearing upon so the competition factor between them is negligible.

Interesting aside is that Comcast actually owns NBC, adding yet another corporate umbrella.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
The term is "network". MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSN are all networks under the corporate umbrella of NBC. I believe USA Network also falls under the NBC corporate banner as well.

Comcast NBCUniversal owns all of the stations below, therefore there is no real competition with each network it is aired on other than NHL Network games. Also, because they have all these stations, there was ZERO reason to not put it on earlier.

Subsidiaries

• NBC Broadcasting
    • NBCUniversal Television Stations
      • NBC Owned Television Stations
      • Telemundo Television Stations Group
  • NBC Entertainment
    • NBC programming
    • Universal Television
  • NBC Sports Group
    • Comcast Sports Group (Regional CSN Channels)
    • Golf Channel
    • NBC Sports
    • NBCSN
  • NBCUniversal Cable
    • Syfy
    • Chiller
    • Cloo
    • E!
    • USA Network
    • Universal HD
    • Bravo Media
    • Esquire Network (Joint Venture)
    • Oxygen Media
    • Sprout
    • The Weather Channel (Joint Venture)
  • NBCUniversal Hispanic Enterprises and Content
    • Telemundo
    • NBC Universo
  • NBCUniversal News Group
    • NBC News
    • CNBC
    • MSNBC

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
coffee consumed from game day cup, '06 playoff tshirt puked on by female infant...

its go time

(remember its only weird if it doesn't work)

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
So excited of how this series has started. We've certainly been the better team and have deserved to win these 2 games. Can't forget that the Ducks still are a great team and we haven't won anything yet. Let's just enjoy these wins for now.

Rinne was great again.

Our defensive game was amazing. We didn't give anything to the Ducks, limited chances.

Capitalized on our chances.

This team is flying right now, let's continue from that Tuesday.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Anaheim coach in his press conference called his team dumb, stupid, and selfish. Kind of refreshing for once for them to have a coach who doesn't back their shenanigans. Seems like the last time we played them the coach and GM spent the entire time crying like babies.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 9m9 minutes ago
Shea Weber on what 2-0 means: "Nothing yet, to be honest."

Love that approach.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh 1m1 minute ago
BB's breakdown of his team's Game 2 included "stupid (3x)" "selfish" "dumb (2x)" and "foolishness".

Inside the heads.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tell you what, we got very lucky with who the Refs were tonight and the fact we are playing Anaheim. Probably had we been playing just about anyone else we would of spent a ton of time in the penalty box for some pretty questionable things.

Don't get me wrong, if a team out there deserves some crap back at them it is Anaheim, Corey Perry alone had needed to pay for his sins for a very long time.

That said, we played one heck of a hockey game and did what we needed to do to win.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Anaheim coach in his press conference called his team dumb, stupid, and selfish. Kind of refreshing for once for them to have a coach who doesn't back their shenanigans. Seems like the last time we played them the coach and GM spent the entire time crying like babies.

Sounds like a coach who is rumored to be fired if they lose this series

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Sounds like a coach that is brutally honest. I love Boudreau's response to those questions. Should we have been called for a couple more, maybe. But the embellishment call on Josi was a bailout and non-goaltender interference on Getzlaf could have gone either way.

No matter what we need to come out Tuesday and set the tone. The Ducks are still a very dangerous team and we know that things get chippier the desperate a team gets. Keep your sticks down and don't take the 2nd shot and we should spend less time in the box then them every game.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
First of all I apologize y'all! I realized that I haven't been on HF in a few years. Hopefully no one is angry that I haven't been here!

So ****ing happy with the last 2 games! I've been able to watch them despite the time difference and my work schedule, so that's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad