Post-Game Talk: WCQF - (WC1) Nashville Predators vs. (P1) Anaheim Ducks - Series Talk (Preds win 4-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
First of all I apologize y'all! I realized that I haven't been on HF in a few years. Hopefully no one is angry that I haven't been here!

So ****ing happy with the last 2 games! I've been able to watch them despite the time difference and my work schedule, so that's awesome.

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

------

I felt we could win if Rinne plays well. He has been above average and very good. We are such a deep team all over the ice that with good goaltending, we are an exceptional team.

Way to go PREDATORS!!!!!!!!

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I really questioned having a guy like Bass in the lineup, but he is doing a great job. Our guys are getting under their skin without taking penalties. They are spending more time trying to get even with cheap shots than trying to put the puck in the net.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I really questioned having a guy like Bass in the lineup, but he is doing a great job. Our guys are getting under their skin without taking penalties. They are spending more time trying to get even with cheap shots than trying to put the puck in the net.

Cody Bass has been great so far. The penalty he was called for in game 1 was dumb but I don't blame him for it. I still don't think he intentionally tripped the guy.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

------

I felt we could win if Rinne plays well. He has been above average and very good. We are such a deep team all over the ice that with good goaltending, we are an exceptional team.

Way to go PREDATORS!!!!!!!!

Cheers Enoch!

It is refreshing that we have depth for a change in the playoffs and a lot of the young guys are really contributing, even if it's not necessarily on the score sheet.

Cody Bass has been great so far. The penalty he was called for in game 1 was dumb but I don't blame him for it. I still don't think he intentionally tripped the guy.

I still think that was a total dive by the guy, Bass barely touched him.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Man did Cam Fowler have some serious nerves or what? Would have been infuriating if the Preds had done the same thing with 30 seconds left.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Speaking of all heart--my son came up with a great name for Victor Arvidsson. Second Fiddler. :-D

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Getting the Bridge ready. T-shirts for all and what looks like some additional lighting along the 300's and behind the band stage.

CgVUvWkWwAArAyt.jpg

CgVa4DAUsAARkMP.jpg:large

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wonder if the additional lighting was from the All Star Game? It was pretty cool--I was disappointed that it didn't continue, but it would make the playoffs more special. Smart move, PFO.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Would I like to our 4th line have a bit more scoring touch? Absolutely, but they're doing their job just fine out there. Playing heavy, gritty game, getting inside their heads, not taking penalties and playing 0-0. As long as they don't hurt the team, it's all good.

Next game is really huge, win and we're up 3-0, lose and the Ducks come back to this series. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
anyone have gif's of the guy sticking his foot out to trip neal after the play, the josi 'dive', or the perry love tap to rinne from behind after the whistle? if someone can put those and the Kessler high stick on rinne all in one post on the main Pred-Duck thread in the global section and say, so you think the preds got away with stuff? that would be great. other fans around the league need to see those 4 instead of just hearing people crying how the ducks got robbed.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
anyone have gif's of the guy sticking his foot out to trip neal after the play, the josi 'dive', or the perry love tap to rinne from behind after the whistle? if someone can put those and the Kessler high stick on rinne all in one post on the main Pred-Duck thread in the global section and say, so you think the preds got away with stuff? that would be great. other fans around the league need to see those 4 instead of just hearing people crying how the ducks got robbed.

It seems like @myregularface, Twitter queen of NHL gifs, was only focused on one James Neal. I have not seen a gif of the rest. I did try to make Kesler's poke at Rinne a gif to post here (for Jonesey cuz we're bros). Operation: Manufacturing Evidence was a failure.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Kessler stick to Rinne's throat was floating around somewhere... I think in reaction to @myregularface but it may have made it to the main board thread. It was nasty... far nastier than the Neal stick that came AFTER it. Having said that, sticks to the goalies' heads are bs moves and I have zero tolerance for them.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Tell you what, we got very lucky with who the Refs were tonight and the fact we are playing Anaheim. Probably had we been playing just about anyone else we would of spent a ton of time in the penalty box for some pretty questionable things.

Don't get me wrong, if a team out there deserves some crap back at them it is Anaheim, Corey Perry alone had needed to pay for his sins for a very long time.

That said, we played one heck of a hockey game and did what we needed to do to win.

I think we'd have been a lot less chippy though against a team who is a lot less chippy. We tend to match the roughness of the other team as required. If their team is playing a fairly light game we like our possession attack and if they are playing physical and rough we move to a more physical game..that's what the best about our offense, we're adaptable to all styles of play and it shows.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Kessler stick to Rinne's throat was floating around somewhere... I think in reaction to @myregularface but it may have made it to the main board thread. It was nasty... far nastier than the Neal stick that came AFTER it. Having said that, sticks to the goalies' heads are bs moves and I have zero tolerance for them.

I found it in the Sharks forum of all places haha, then Top 6 posted it in the main board discussion which helped moderate the Preds hate a bit

Found this in the SJ other playoff game thread; don't feel as bad for Gibson. Watch Kesler as he does the exact same thing:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
First of all I apologize y'all! I realized that I haven't been on HF in a few years. Hopefully no one is angry that I haven't been here!

So ****ing happy with the last 2 games! I've been able to watch them despite the time difference and my work schedule, so that's awesome.

Holy mackerel! Good to see you golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad