GDT: WCQF - Game #3 Avs in Nashville @2:30pm MT| 4:30 ET|10:30 EET (Uncle Risto) | 3:30 ICT (Kingslayer)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
MacKinnon backchecking like it's a contract year.
Sakic all
1651966112989.jpeg

:sarcasm:

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Erik Johnson has quietly had a really good series so far.

59.15 CF%.

+1 on the PK, with a SHG for and no goals allowed.

Only 1 goal allowed at 5v5 in 3 games.

15 hits (1st among Avs D, and 2nd overall only to Landeskog's 19).
And we won't say why - right everyone?

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
I honestly surprised with how little gooning has been in this series.
It's not that easy against the Avalanche anymore. We've gotten bigger and badder overall. I think Ekholm remembers that well. When you still have EJ, Manson and MacD in your head, you think twice about what you do.

And by the way it is deadly to take stupid penalties against us

Reactions: sethro109

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Despite the score, I don’t think Ingram was bad. His team kept taking penalties and it bit them. There were a couple of goals where he made good saves but the Avs popped the puck in anyway and one goal was due to his teammate pushing Lehkonen into him.
I thought he was very bad tbh. The Avs' 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th goals were quite bad. The 5th and 6th were particularly awful.

The dam burst with Ingram.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I honestly surprised with how little gooning has been in this series.

Two reasons:

1. The Avs have been punishing Nashville on the PP, so they know they can't afford to take any risks with hits.

2. Avs are playing very disciplined and managing the puck instead of trying to escalate things physically that would give the Nashville fans and players something to feed off to build momentum. A good example was when Landeskog passed up on a hit in the OZ when the Nashville player turned his numbers towards him at the last second.. Had Landeskog finished his check there it would have angered the crowd and given Nashville fuel to up their aggression.

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
Great effort. Avs are rolling despite their #1 goaltender going down. Hopefully Kuemper is alright, but if Franky has to start next game, it would be great if he returned to his earlier season form.

Reactions: drhiii

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rantanen man...

Has 5 points in the 3 games despite playing like complete ass. Tied for 3rd in scoring.
That's what great players do. Kinda the same thing with great teams TBH as well. You find a way to win despite playing like ass.

Obviously he needs to be better, and I would imagine he knows it as well. In one way it's kinda good to know he still has a LOT left in the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad