GDT: WCQF - Game #2 : Oilers host Kings on May the Fourth be with us @8pm MT | ESPN2, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Adobe_Express_20220504_0949530.8604093810994496.png

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ahh yes. Archibald. The guy who literally drags down his linemates into the pits of hell. Is going to help Nuge do something. So now we have an actual useless 3rd line.
Damn Woodcroft, I like you.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
I got loser drunk after the game and curled up face down on the couch for like an hour before I could regain semi-normal cognitive restraint.

Realized what a loser I was to take the loss so hard.

That being said, nothing changes. I will still be picking up a bottle of the cheapest bottle of Canadian bourbon.

Hopefully this time I will be face down in the couch out of happiness.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
That blind rim around the boards on the second goal would have gotten me benched in peewee.

I'm probably one of the bigger Russ fans on this board, but that play was pretty inexcusable
It was classic Russ too, this team can't afford mistakes like that from the 7th D

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I got loser drunk after the game and curled up face down on the couch for like an hour before I could regain semi-normal cognitive restraint.

Realized what a loser I was to take the loss so hard.

That being said, nothing changes. I will still be picking up a bottle of the cheapest bottle of Canadian bourbon.

Hopefully this time I will be face down in the couch out of happiness.
Basil Hayden good price great bourbon

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That blind rim around the boards on the second goal would have gotten me benched in peewee.

I'm probably one of the bigger Russ fans on this board, but that play was pretty inexcusable

As soon as that got picked off on the blue line I said to my friend "goal incoming."

Other than the dumb goals that we essentially score into our own net, we badly need to bear down on the chances we get. Way too often it's a low % pass rather than a shot, a missed pass on the doorstep, a player in a shooting position not ready, a missed net off a good look, etc. This isn't just the lower tier players either, McDavid holds the puck too long when he's bearing down on the net as well. We need to take a volume shooting mentality.

Not capitalizing on all the chances we get is as big an issue as the dumb mistakes in our own end.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Woodcroft inexperience showing now

How Puljujarvi and Kassian ate in as well is mind boggling after Last games performances
promote RNH to top 6 RW, demote Jesse to top 9 RW, put in Brassard at 3C

that is literally the best depth we have possible with players available to us

but NOOOOOO lets play archie the f***ing useless plug who can't score, make plays and just pin people into boards after they've already made the play

Reactions: Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I took heat before from someone on here and I’ll take it again
I like Archibald coming in. He has wheels and likes to hit. Could be a spark tonight

He'll be a positive addition if he is managed properly. Get him a shift or two early so he can throw the body and build some momentum, but keep him off the ice as the game goes on unless we have some cushion on the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad