Confirmed with Link: Linus Ullmark Traded to Senators

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
He probably will but what does that have to do with the playoffs and helping the B’s win some rounds? Ullmark was worst case completely off the books next year, now you have someone worse that is owed more money over a longer period of time.
Solid tandem goaltending always keeps you in the thick of things. Korpi might turn it around and at 3 million might look enticing to some team who needs a netminder. This might turn out to another draft pick.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Solid tandem goaltending always keeps you in the thick of things. Korpi might turn it around and at 3 million might look enticing to some team who needs a netminder. This might turn out to another draft pick.
Let’s hope your boy has a plan Don, I owe you book it’s and I don’t want to spend them all defending Korp with you. Lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I can't say I've ever watched Korpisalo closely. He did have that huge game in the bubble against TB where it went to the 5th OT and he stopped 85 of 88 in a losing cause. His numbers in the playoffs that year were outstanding his team couldn't score.

I haven't seen a huge sample either. Watched a couple of excellent performances, including the one against Tampa that you mentioned. Also seen a few horror shows. Beyond that, I don't doubt he's NHL quality, but you've got to work his career numbers pretty hard to make them look any more than barely passable. Can only wait and see how he fares for us.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Ty Anderson said there was buyout chatter for Korpisalo from “Ottawa people” when they came here to play in April.

Also says Ottawa tried to move him to other teams but couldn’t

I had a peek at the Sens board and they're universally thrilled over there. As they should be. Great deal for them. Maybe Ullmark underwhelms and/or doesn't extend, and maybe Korpisalo actually turns out ok. Even then Ottawa will have managed to offload a very bad contract for very little pain and at least taken a chance on a Vezina-winning goalie with no baggage so they could still feel not too bad about it.

Whereas best case scenario for Boston is that Joonas works out or at least can be moved for little harm, and they strike gold with the pick. Both of which are far from guaranteed. And even then it will feel like the return for Linus was less than it arguably should have been. Ah well, can only hope fortune smiles on us. Nice to be back in the first round at least.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I had a peek at the Sens board and they're universally thrilled over there. As they should be. Great deal for them. Maybe Ullmark underwhelms and/or doesn't extend, and maybe Korpisalo actually turns out ok. Even then Ottawa will have managed to offload a very bad contract for very little pain and at least taken a chance on a Vezina-winning goalie with no baggage so they could still feel not too bad about it.

Whereas best case scenario for Boston is that Joonas works out or at least can be moved for little harm, and they strike gold with the pick. Both of which are far from guaranteed. And even then it will feel like the return for Linus was less than it arguably should have been. Ah well, can only hope fortune smiles on us. Nice to be back in the first round at least.

Living here in Ottawa I have not listened or watched any local sports since the trade as I know that Sens fans are besides themselves with joy over the fleecing that their rookie GM Staios gave Sweeney. It has completely energized their fan base while demoralizing ours. This reminds me of when the Sens unloaded Matt Murray to TO, that was a low point for Leafs GM Dubas, this is Sweeney's version of the Matt Murray debacle.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I have no doubt he will have a .910 or even higher save percentage behind our defense and playing all the easier matchups.

I hope for his career he does and he revitalizes himself. Best of luck.

My issue is that Ullmark was the most movable asset we had to bring back help for the playoff roster. Now he’s gone and we have a guy who will be battling with brazeau for 4th line RW next to Beecher.

It’s just a terrible return because korpisalo isn’t going to be playing playoff games unless something goes terribly wrong
Kastelic is a guarantee
So what would you like us to do on this forum? Just respond to every move with, "Gotta wait to see what happens?"

Just never say anything negative? Not evaluate anything?
not at all but the negativity is always going on. If we don’t win the cup we suck. You think Sweeney had better options. No way. We traded a goalie with no playoff success and on a expiring contract. No matter what Sweeney does he gets brutalized. He was awesome last summer and kept the Bruins dream alive. Give the guy credit. I will take a good reg season and beating the Leafs as a pretty good year.

Does he take any responsibility for those teams not being good?
Some but you ever see a goalie with a top stats playing on a bottom team?

• Haha
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Kastelic is a guarantee

How is Kastelic a guarantee to play in the playoffs. He has had quite a few healthy scratches for ottawa in the regular season the past few years. Certainly worth questioning if he will be able to maintain a spot, especially in the playoffs with the Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Some but you ever see a goalie with a top stats playing on a bottom team?

Yes I’ve seen great goaltending cover up a lot of flaws for a team over the course of the season.

I mean Jesús you could argue Ullmark and Swayman propelled a Bruins team that should have been fighting for a wildcard spot into pres trophy contention

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Maybe they'll package Bussi for a trade to Buffalo to get Skinner (before he's bought out) to do another division rival a favor
Why would we want to do another division rival a favor? Let Buffalobuy out Skinner if you really want him and pay him the league minimum to supplement his buyout money. This way you don’t pay anything up front.

Reactions: Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I think they’ll turn him over to Goalie Bob. See what they got to work with and go from there.
With escape route ready if need be.
Yes. If Swayman gets hurt than what? Bussi? What if Swayman regresses a bit? I’m not thrilled with the deal but Sweeney and the Bruins have been solid in net during his time here.

Reactions: The don godfather

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Sadly Ullmark is gone. Loved the guy but understand the move.
I thought Bruins would have gotten more for him.
A lot of that is on Ullmark and not Sweeney. I'm 100% sure if he'd have been willing to go to LA (before they got Kuemper) we'd have gotten more and if he would have been willing to sign an extension we'd have gotten more. What did you really expect Ottawa to give up for a guy who could walk in a year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad