GDT: WCQF | G5 | “Check” | Oilers vs. Kings | 5.1.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
That's not how goalies are taught. An emphasis on playing the puck on dump-ins starts in peewee.

Hellebuyck, Saros, Shesterkin, etc would all do the same as Skinner.
Maybe listen to the guy who played in the NHL. Can't believe I agree with Hrudey, but Bieksa agreed.

Reactions: Macheteops

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Just don't understand the sit back and react, defensive turtle game instead of dictating play and taking it to them. Fluke goal but probably shouldn't have gone wandering, Skinner.
The issue with playing too cautious.., all it takes is a bounce/ tip . Not scoring much 5 shots a period so very little room for error

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Then clearly you don't watch a lot of hockey. That's a play that happens 15-20 times a game.
Omg the you don't watch hockey retort the last ditch efforts of a nothing arguer. If it's ot is Skinner coming out to play pucks unnecessarily? Probably not and these instances should be treated the same it was completely unnecessary with two dmen back.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It just shows a compete lack of understanding of the game by them. Every time they do it it’s like they’re saying “I know nothing about hockey, but I need an outlet for my emotions!!”
It's that and also certain posters just want a whipping boy to pick on for....reasons.... but in this case, a whipping boy who has been really freaking good the last 2 regular seasons and in this series the last 2+ games in particular. It's sad that there are people like this but it is what it is I guess.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hrudey is an idiot.

When the Oilers win a 10-11 goal game everyone says they aren’t good enough defensively, when the Oilers win a tight checking, low scoring game, everyone says they aren’t doing enough.

Apparently the Oilers have to dominate games and win 5-1 every game to be taken seriously.

Reactions: RegDunlop

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
It’s amazing how clueless some fans here are lol he clearly sticks out his leg.
I just went back and saw again. Doughty's leg is up, which may have you confused, but it's some sweet pelvis on pelvis action with the hit. It may need a content warning, but it's legal in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad