GDT: WCQF | G5 | “Check” | Oilers vs. Kings | 5.1.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
This one bothers me. At this point the Oilers are just getting worked and developing that as habit. Didn't mind it occuring one game in LA. It shouldn't be occurring tonight.
Not a period you expect in a clinching game. Thankfully 40 mins left.

But that is not good oiler hockey. I think they expected LA to roll over and die

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
It's this stupid passive, reactionary style. Dictate the play, don't just sit back and hope everyone is dialed in defensively. This team sure loves playing with fire.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Unironically this confirms my point? In game 2 OT Skinner came out several times just like that to play the puck. I remember that distinctly because I was watching that game with my family and my mom was screaming for Skinner to stay in his net every time he did that.
I guess your mom doesn't watch hockey you should probably tell her that. Ironically no one did this in the Toronto game and they didn't lose on an empty net.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Except neither have a f***ing leg to stand on. One is defenceman and the other a mediocre goalie that played in an era when puck play as a goalie wasn't emphasized.

It's also hindsight. It's easy to say after that happened that he should've stayed in the net, but that's not realistic to the scenario or how goalies are taught to play that puck.
It's not like the Oilers didn't have d back. Early in the playoffs Skinner cut down his time out of the crease, but as the series went on he has gotten back into his old habit.

I know it's a flukey goal but it happens. Hell it happened yesterday. Almost better safe than sorry late in the period.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
If Skinner had knocked that puck down and fired it up the ice for a breakaway to McDavid, and McDavid scored, people like the guy you quoted would be singing his praises on how unreal a play that was by Skinner. But he makes a "mistake" cuz the stanchion decided to be a bitch on that single dump in he lambasts him for it

And the only thing he can respond with was "well you said I don't watch hockey"

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A dump in from center ice that takes a 1 in 100000 bounce off the stantion. If coaches told goalies not to go for that watch us get destroyed by forechecks league wide.

Give your head a shake if you think that was a “mistake” by Skinner. Absolutely ridiculous the takes in here tonight.

Reactions: McSuper

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
Just don't understand the sit back and react, defensive turtle game instead of dictating play and taking it to them. Fluke goal but probably shouldn't have gone wandering, Skinner.
At home, and with the talent the Oilers they should dictate. I didn't mind the one game of rope a dope occuring in a roadgame in LA. Its a bit dangerous keeping LA in it. Hockey can be one bounce as we see. Good thing that bounce didn't occur in game 4. Think about that.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Unironically this confirms my point? In game 2 OT Skinner came out several times just like that to play the puck. I remember that distinctly because I was watching that game with my family and my mom was screaming for Skinner to stay in his net every time he did that.

Your mom was screaming for Skinner?

It's ok for moms to scream for Skinner

Reactions: OfCorsiDid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad