GDT: WCQF | G5 | “Check” | Oilers vs. Kings | 5.1.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
That's 4 straight periods where it's been all LA.

I'm a little concerned.

So far this game, Kings are 70% in the circle, 30 hits to our 12, shots 10-5. They carried that momentum from last game.

Knobber probably going to activate plan B in periods 2/3. I think Edmonton is going to respond hard, particularly in the 3rd period

Reactions: Mav3rick07

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Maybe listen to the guy who played in the NHL. Can't believe I agree with Hrudey, but Bieksa agreed.

Except neither have a f***ing leg to stand on. One is defenceman and the other a mediocre goalie that played in an era when puck play as a goalie wasn't emphasized.

It's also hindsight. It's easy to say after that happened that he should've stayed in the net, but that's not realistic to the scenario or how goalies are taught to play that puck.

Reactions: RegDunlop

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
While watching, I was just thinking about how much more enjoyable it is to watch Skinner than Mike Smith. Then he nearly immediately pulls a Mike Smith.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I don’t know what he said, but this sentiment does not surprise me.
He said goalies are taught to stay in the net if there's a dump in on the glass. I enjoyed the comment supporting my position but he is in fact an idiot though I dunno.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Except neither have a f***ing leg to stand on. One is defenceman and the other a mediocre goalie that played in an era when puck play as a goalie wasn't emphasized.

It's also hindsight. It's easy to say after that happened that he should've stayed in the net, but that's not realistic to the scenario or how goalies are taught to play that puck.
All they need is one your patented you probably don't even watch hockey retorts to be put into place.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
So far this game, Kings are 70% in the circle, 30 hits to our 12, shots 10-5. They carried that momentum from last game.

Knobber probably going to activate plan B in periods 2/3. I think Edmonton is going to respond hard, particularly in the 3rd period
This one bothers me. At this point the Oilers are just getting worked and developing that as habit. Didn't mind it occuring one game in LA. It shouldn't be occurring tonight.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Omg the you don't watch hockey retort the last ditch efforts of a nothing arguer. If it's ot is Skinner coming out to play pucks unnecessarily? Probably not and these instances should be treated the same it was completely unnecessary with two dmen back.

Unironically this confirms my point? In game 2 OT Skinner came out several times just like that to play the puck. I remember that distinctly because I was watching that game with my family and my mom was screaming for Skinner to stay in his net every time he did that.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Vinny gets a minus on that stupid bounce, but frankly he was excellent that first period.
If not for his strong, confident play on the puck, the Oilers might not have that goal. Amazing work all period.
Everybody was excellent again in that period. All the Kings have to show for tonight is a fluke goal off the glass. Very little dangerous offence for them otherwise. Meanwhile, Oilers still getting offensive chances despite what the shot clock says. These last four periods have been have seen the Oilers play their most controlled game in the playoff in the McDavid era. They need to keep doing exactly what they’re doing.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park

If Skinner had knocked that puck down and fired it up the ice for a breakaway to McDavid, and McDavid scored, people like the guy you quoted would be singing his praises on how unreal a play that was by Skinner. But he makes a "mistake" cuz the stanchion decided to be a bitch on that single dump in he lambasts him for it

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It's that and also certain posters just want a whipping boy to pick on for....reasons.... but in this case, a whipping boy who has been really freaking good the last 2 regular seasons and in this series the last 2+ games in particular. It's sad that there are people like this but it is what it is I guess.
It’s usually because they chose the position that “player x sucks” and now that player X is actually quite good, they look for any reason possible to try and discredit the player. It shows a complete lack of integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad