Sep 8, 2005

WI9wMhL.jpg

(image cred: Eric Poole // @Epoole88)

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

OILERS TRAIL SERIES 0-1

Game Day
: Wednesday April 19th 2023
Game Time: 8:00 PM, puck drop anyones guess.
Broadcast: SN

-----

THE SERIES SO FAR...

GAME 1

-----

extralarge.png

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Evander Kane - Leon Draisaitl - Kailer Yamamoto
Mattias Janmark - Nick Bjugstad - Klim Kostin
Warren Foegele - Ryan McLeod - Derek Ryan

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Cody Ceci
Brett Kulak - Vinny Desharnais

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Quinton Byfield - Anze Kopitar - Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore - Philip Danault - Viktor Arvidsson
Arthur Kaliyev - Blake Lizzflop - Alex Iafallo
Carl Grundstrom - Rasmus Kupari - Zack Macewen

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Matt Roy
Alex Edler - Sean Durzi

Joonas Korpisalo

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE

• Projected lineups based on Game 1.
  • Just win.

Last edited:

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Stuart Skinner is the key
He said he watched Kempe's goals multiple times on tape to try and decipher on what to adapt to. That is an attribute of a champion, consistently trying to master their craft, and learning from their losses

Korpisalo is a harder test than, passed his prime Jonathan Quick
Excepting a low scoring affair, goaltenders duel.
imo, the high scoring games will be in LA; if/when they get their offensive ace back in Fiala and also Vilardi and also Connor McDavid has significantly produced more on the road than at home his entire career

PS. I think we dodged a bullet in not winning the division. The Jets destroyed Vegas, in almost every way. That game had over 115 hits, and Winnipeg only allowed 17 shots on goal, whilst scoring 5, on the road

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Stuart Skinner is the key
He said he watched Kempe's goals multiple times on tape to try and decipher on what to adapt to. That is an attribute of a champion, consistently trying to master their craft, and learning from their losses

Korpisalo is a harder test than, passed his prime Jonathan Quick
Excepting a low scoring affair, goaltenders duel.
imo, the high scoring games will be in LA; if/when they get their offensive ace back in Fiala and also Vilardi and also Connor McDavid has significantly produced more on the road than at home his entire career

PS. I think we dodged a bullet in not winning the division. The Jets destroyed Vegas, in almost every way. That game had over 115 hits, and Winnipeg only allowed 17 shots on goal, whilst scoring 5, on the road
I'm not worried. EDM took their foot off the gas after the first when they shouldn't have esp McDavid. And despite that they barely gave anything up. Just a few turnovers and a bad penalty late cost them. Lesson learned. But I truly believe the team will come back and win the next 4. Why? EDM is even more desperate now and that's a scary thing. Korpisalo will be under siege. As long as Skinner can hold the fort we've got this. I believe in this team this year. Stay the course.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Oilers are the more talented team but the caveat is that talent must be applied 60 minutes in high pressure situations. Make a key mistake and you are done.

Maturity is what the Oilers are looking for right now.

6-3 Oilers with 2 goals for Mc-D.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I'd say almost zero chance they do not rebound in a massive way from that game Monday. Team is just too good. Have to remember last year, they lost game 1 and then proceeded to absolutely thump LA for two games.

They dominated 50 minutes of the game with their star player playing his C game and being directly responsible for allowing LA back into the game. Can't see McDavid having two games in a row like that.

If they don't come back and win this series, they weren't good enough to win the cup anyways.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Logically they play the same game, finish better and stay out of the box and we have a 5-2 win that's never in doubt.

Irrational Oiler mind: They play the same game, we actually get 6-8 PP's but only score once. They blow a lead but manage to win the game on some heroic McDavid play leading to mass anxiety for the next game because it seems like they barely scraped by.

Reactions: Ginger Papa and dsi

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I hate the fact that game 2 is a must-win already. Had a chance to take control of this series right off the bat and we blew it. This team has trouble putting together consistent 60 minute efforts in the playoffs.

Anything other than a win is a disaster as I don't see us winning 4 out of 5. McDavid needs to step up tonight after his game 1 no-show, Hyman has to learn how to stop puckhogging and RNH needs to hit the net.

Put up or shut up time. No reason why LA should be in this game at any point tonight.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I hate the fact that game 2 is a must-win already. Had a chance to take control of this series right off the bat and we blew it. This team has trouble putting together consistent 60 minute efforts in the playoffs.

Anything other than a win is a disaster as I don't see us winning 4 out of 5. McDavid needs to step up tonight after his game 1 no-show, Hyman has to learn how to stop puckhogging and RNH needs to hit the net.

Put up or shut up time. No reasons why LA should be in this game at any point tonight.

This really isn't a must win. I think fans would be emotionally drained if they lose, but this is far from a must win. Sure, do they only win around 1 in 6 times if they go down 2-0? Yes.

But, they also have the two best players in the league. This is a must-win among fans. But I don't think the team is going to be gripping sticks here tonight.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This really isn't a must win. I think fans would be emotionally drained if they lose, but this is far from a must win. Sure, do they only win around 1 in 6 times if they go down 2-0? Yes.

But, they also have the two best players in the league. This is a must-win among fans. But I don't think the team is going to be gripping sticks here tonight.
It absolutely is a must win. LA might have let us off the hook last year, they're not going to make the same mistake again, especially when they can control the matchups.

If the Oilers lose tonight they're getting swept.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't know, I just have a bad feeling about tonight.
I'm assuming that the Oilers will come out with a lot of energy and McDavid will surely be better but the Kings played as poorly as I've seen them play at even strength in a long time in Game 1 and still won, I don't think that'll happen again. They're going to get healthier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad