WCF | IV | "Ford The River" | Oilers vs. Stars | 5.29.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
My Oilers buddy told me that oil sat nurse at practice yesterday, and now the rishaug tweet that he was ver short at interview this morning. Any chance he’s scratched tonight?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I literally hate everyone here.

raph.gif

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers will be nuked tonight. My buddies and I have drinking game. Everytime an oiler fan Complains about getting a power play. We take a shot of Sambuka.

Oilers need power plays to win. The stars don't

This really hasn't been the case outside of the LA series where they went nuclear on the PP. The PP has gone ice cold through much of Vancouver and Dallas series and they've still won games. They've scored the most goals at 5v5 in these playoffs. Problem has been keeping the puck out of their own net 5on5.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Knoblauch was mum on the details but said there will be significant changes tonight which will be revealed at game time.

Based on Nurse being pretty curt with interviewers today, I wouldn't be surprised if he was scratched. And despite the pivotal nature of the game today, I can see them putting in Pickard. But that is just my own speculation

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Knoblauch was mum on the details but said there will be significant changes tonight which will be revealed at game time.

Based on Nurse being pretty curt with interviewers today, I wouldn't be surprised if he was scratched. And despite the pivotal nature of the game today, I can see them putting in Pickard. But that is just my own speculation

Could definitely see the Oilers wising up and making both of those moves......but why be cryptic about it? The entire hockey world's spent the last 48 hours or so, telling Knoblauch that Nurse is an absolute dumpster fire and should sit, and still we're seeing the Oilers coach act all coy like it's some big secret. :laugh:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Seguin on the top line, yes! I've been saying this in Game 3 that he should be moved up as he's been playing well and Grandpa Pavelski needs to be moved down the lineup.
After game 3 I mentioned on the Stars board that getting Hintz back helped give Robertson a slap he needed and Seguin was also really good taking Pavelski’ spot on 1st line; line really clicked.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
Could definitely see the Oilers wising up and making both of those moves......but why be cryptic about it? The entire hockey world's spent the last 48 hours or so, telling Knoblauch that Nurse is an absolute dumpster fire and should sit, and still we're seeing the Oilers coach act all coy like it's some big secret. :laugh:
Very true. I think unless it is a brinksmanship type of ploy to confuse the other side, or unless he is flat out lying to conceal that there will be no changes, and try to get Dallas to put forth change in their line up in response - there are only so many ways "significant changes" would signal. It is pretty clear McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard, Hyman, Ekholm, and Nugent Hopkins will not be benched. So what are the other possibilities that would qualify as "significant"? Bench Kane? Perry? Ceci? It's gotta be Nurse for sure, given his exorbitant salary. Skinner also let in that squeaker Robertson goal and while one could say that well, Robertson was whacking away and any other goalie would have eventually succumbed and let in a wonky goal - the whole playoff performance of Skinner has been too inconsistent to trust him in the most pivotal game. Which Stuart Skinner will show up? Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad