GDT: WCF | II | "They Have Faults, Ref" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.25.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Dallas will come out swinging that for sure...they're seemingly always down 1-0 in a series so they're not gonna be rattled

Oilers have to play even better in this one
Duchene made a comment on this. He said that they had a habit of not showing up for the first game but that this last game was different. He felt that they were ready and played well. So that is a credit to the Oilers.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

I don't see what everyone else seemingly sees with this guy. He's slow, doesn't contribute offensively, and the team has been winning with him out. So why tinker with shit thinking you're smarter (speaking to coaching staff decisions here)? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The one guy I see them taking out is Brown but honestly, he's been fine. 4th line has had some good moments, generating a good low cycle in the O zone in multiple games now. Just don't understand why the need to get this guy back into the lineup.

Anyways, hope they're up to the task tonight and take another one. I didn't really feel the same threat level of comeback like I saw with Vancouver, honestly. The Oilers were pretty firmly in control throughout the first game. Keep a tight lid on the defensive end of things, don't get caught puck watching and neglecting your coverage, and keep generating shots with traffic in front. Get it done tonight again.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't see what everyone else seemingly sees with this guy. He's slow, doesn't contribute offensively, and the team has been winning with him out. So why tinker with shit thinking you're smarter (speaking to coaching staff decisions here)? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The one guy I see them taking out is Brown but honestly, he's been fine. 4th line has had some good moments, generating a good low cycle in the O zone in multiple games now. Just don't understand why the need to get this guy back into the lineup.

Anyways, hope they're up to the task tonight and take another one. I didn't really feel the same threat level of comeback like I saw with Vancouver, honestly. The Oilers were pretty firmly in control throughout the first game. Keep a tight lid on the defensive end of things, don't get caught puck watching and neglecting your coverage, and keep generating shots with traffic in front. Get it done tonight again.
It takes the right mix of players to win.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I'd personally sit him another game, no reason for him to go right now if he isn't completely ready
He said hes at like 98 percent sitting him for another two days isn't gonna do much. I'd rather have him iron out his kinks and get his legs in a game where at worst you lose its 1-1 instead of a game where you cold be 1-2 while he tries to find his game.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015

Because the third line has literally done nothing offensively all playoffs? He's a smart player and he was apart of the pk that let in zero goals in the first series. Can't keep throwing out Mcleod-Foegele as a basis for a third line while they get minimal ozone press time and adding a player like Brown/Ryan to them has done squat.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He said hes at like 98 percent sitting him for another two days isn't gonna do much. I'd rather have him iron out his kinks and get his legs in a game where at worst you lose its 1-1 instead of a game where you cold be 1-2 while he tries to find his game.
I'm leaning that way, and maybe to give one of the older forwards a break. With Carrick playing good as a right shot center, maybe give Ryan a game off? He's 37 and we've just had an OT game.

Reactions: Oilhawks and guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm leaning that way, and maybe to give one of the older forwards a break. With Carrick playing good as a right shot center, maybe give Ryan a game off? He's 37 and we've just had an OT game.
This is what I would do as well. The other positive is that Henrique is a Left Centre and Carrick is a Right Centre so that works well too to have them both on the same line.
Then they are on their strong side regardless of which side of the ice the faceoff is on.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Draisaitl missing practices again is a bit concerning. I wonder how much his back is bothering him and now there's the finger. Worried about his effectiveness moving forward. We'll need the first line to go supernova and the depth to chip in.
The playoffs are such a grind. This is where the training staff becomes uber important.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Columbus hired Waddell over Holland? Maybe that’s why Holland is suddenly showing interest in Oilers games again lol.

Waddell is hired as POHO. Holland would be the GM - if he goes there. Seravalli reported that in a podcast yesterday IIRC.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Waddell is hired as POHO. Holland would be the GM. Seravalli reported that in a podcast yesterday IIRC.
I’m surprised Holland is willing to do that. Then again he’s probably taken orders from Jackson for a year already.

Reasonable Oil Fan

Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Stop worrying and complaining about refs
there’s no conspiracy, we get just as many breaks/or bad calls as anyone else
It just makes us whiners
We have a good team, Dallas looks vulnerable
We got this

Again
If you want to complain about something, complain about the stupid pop up ads on this site that make it unnecessarily difficult to read/post
That’s annoying

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Stop worrying and complaining about refs
there’s no conspiracy, we get just as many breaks/or bad calls as anyone else
It just makes us whiners
We have a good team, Dallas looks vulnerable
We got this

Again
If you want to complain about something, complain about the stupid pop up ads on this site that make it unnecessarily difficult to read/post
That’s annoying

Quit complaining about my complaining. I’ll file a complaint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad