GDT: WCF | I | "The Fault In their Stars" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.23.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It is the Oilers against the world.

Dallas Star sympathisers are assholes.

You single handedly tipped the scales.
This

It’s crazy how hated we are lol. I have never seen anything like it

I’m a Red Sox fan, and I swear oilers are more hated in the rest of Canada (other than Edmonton) than the Sox are. It’s insane

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Seravalli saying none of the Oiler D would displace any of the Dallas D.

What a fat f*** clown. Iam sure they will give him a warm welcome when he drags his fat ass to Edmonton on Sunday.
Luckily I tuned out right before that squeaky little piglet man got to air.

I couldn't listen to the prejudiced garbage more than a few minutes, that is what Sportsnet's coverage is, and when I heard Seravalli was coming on after a super progressive block of commercials I said to myself, "why aggravate yourself, you have the power to turn this crap off," and I did.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we even had average goaltending I would like our chances in this series. With Skinner though I don’t see how we win a game (fully expecting Pickard to have to come in for Game 3)

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If we even had average goaltending I would like our chances in this series. With Skinner though I don’t see how we win a game (fully expecting Pickard to have to come in for Game 3)
The team will be playing in a way to make it easy for Skinner to make saves. Our D have to make sure they aren’t pinching unless they are Ekholm!

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Oh man. $5 per ticket to go watch in the arena and yell with strangers. Tempting. I’m too lazy to stand at the fan park for free

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Seravalli saying none of the Oiler D would displace any of the Dallas D.

What a fat f*** clown. Iam sure they will give him a warm welcome when he drags his fat ass to Edmonton on Sunday.

I mean that's just not true. Ekholm Bouchard are an elite top pairing. Heiskanen is the best D but I'd put Ek Bouch 2/3 and Tanev 4

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The team will be playing in a way to make it easy for Skinner to make saves. Our D have to make sure they aren’t pinching unless they are Ekholm!

Yes, our D has to play exceptionally well to limit those higher danger opportunities (which they have been great at thus far). Skinner has to stop some of the more dangerous shots that do manage to get through though if we want to get past Dallas

Reactions: ZJuice

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
This

It’s crazy how hated we are lol. I have never seen anything like it

I’m a Red Sox fan, and I swear oilers are more hated in the rest of Canada (other than Edmonton) than the Sox are. It’s insane
It is quite insane. Every single post on NHL instagram/facebook, sportsnet and other central sports have LOUD hatred towards us

Reactions: tardigrade81

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really don't see why the Stars are such favorites. The Oilers were the better regular season team after Knoblauch took over. The Stars have a depth advantage and a better goalie, but the Oilers have much better high end skill and a special teams advantage

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I can't believe the disrespect Leon is getting from media members. The fact that most of them haven't even thought of him for Conn Smythe is astounding. He's putting up Gretzky-esque playoff numbers.

View attachment 874721
Yep I hope they take it personally. It’s insane , he is easily the best of the best so far

Oilers are bring pretty disrespected by the media pretty unprofessional imo. Hope the oilers shut them up

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It jealousy it has to be. We have been pretty irrelevant for the last two decades so it’s the only thing that makes sense
Don't you ever forget how the Canadian mainstream media kicked us when we were down during the decade of darkness.

Never get gaslit again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad