WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
The Oilers need to put this away in 6, you don't want to go to a seventh game against Dallas.

Skinner is obviously in the zone tonight and the team is locked in defensively. It's great to see, Florida vs Oilers or Rangers would be an interesting finals.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think Dallas is better.. I think this is far from over.

But in this series and the Nucks series.. I keep reading they look tired.

Oilers seen to exhausting to play against.
They don't stop moving, very active with their sticks and don't spend a lot of time resetting in their own zone. They are incredibly exhausting to play against.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Everything I said was right.

And lastly, another poster reminded me of the one I was indeed forgetting, Detroit 95/97.

So you can go sit back down.

I don't even get what is controversial here lol, it's a common trope that you gotta experience loss to win it all, happened several times.

People way too quick to predict series wins and all, never change HF lol

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I can’t believe I’m gonna say this because it makes me sick as a Canucks fan.

But the Edmonton Oilers could actually win the Stanley Cup this year, they might just have enough

Reactions: robertocarlos

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Stars can’t raise the puck today. Every shot they have taken has been to the bottom half of the net. AHL level goalies can save these shots.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffey

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I feel like the go down 2-1 at home as the road team in a series then win the next 3 has happened like 10 times the past few years

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't even get what is controversial here lol, it's a common trope that you gotta experience loss to win it all, happened several times.

People way too quick to predict series wins and all, never change HF lol
But Dallas is the one who lost the WCF last year!

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I don't even get what is controversial here lol, it's a common trope that you gotta experience loss to win it all.
Ask the nerd why he questioned it. I just provided all the examples.

Maybe because I didn't give the exact years in my first post. I just went by memory. That got him all ruffled.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
No conflict for me. The organization that didn't bother putting in an effort to win games for 10+ years that got four cracks at first overall with the last being a year a Crosby tier prospect was available? No desire to see them win anything.
funny post

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
I've seen so many people say this as if Vegas or Colorado wouldn't have done the exact same thing.

Maybe, JUST maybe, Edmonton deserves a little bit of credit???

No, that can't be allowed.
Vegas was really overrated entering the playoffs and Colorado was injured/locker room distractions. I actually think the Oilers would have beaten both teams.

Dallas is a good team but Oilers been better majority of the series and Knob has done a fine job making adjustments. Dallas isn’t getting shots not cause they decide not to shoot for no reasons but because the Oilers dont let them. Its the same what they did to Vancouver.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
No conflict for me. The organization that didn't bother putting in an effort to win games for 10+ years that got four cracks at first overall with the last being a year a Crosby tier prospect was available? No desire to see them win anything.
The Oilers spent to the cap every year. Their management fully believed they were trying to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad