WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Dallas apparently stinks. I was never sold on them. Everyone said no matter who won between Van / Oilers was going to get dominated. Goes to show what HF knows.

IMO Vegas was meh. And Avs stunk
Clearly the Pacific had the two best teams in the west. The storyline should have been Dallas would lose to either of the Pacific teams in the 2nd round but saying the Pacific is actually good is taboo

Reactions: eviohh26

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
killing off 25 consecutive penalties is an insane number considering even the absolute worst teams score more than 1 out of every 10.
I agree but it's also the playoffs where teams play with injured players on their powerplays and a lot of powerplay numbers dip as well. Plus just the history of the league. It's got a lot of years behind it.

Edit: also considering the regular season record is well over double that with 53.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
06 Oilers too
Yes cause they went to game 7. 2011 Nucks were probably the only Canadian team entering the finals as the favorite though if we start comparing 04.06.07.21.

I don’t even think Oilers would be favored against the Panthers if that happens though also not massive underdogs.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I agree but it's also the playoffs where teams play with injured players on their powerplays and a lot of powerplay numbers dip as well. Plus just the history of the league. It's got a lot of years behind it.
Maybe so, But Edmonton is still doing it against the 6th, 11th, and 12th ranked PPs in the regular season.

Reactions: Kerberos

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Edmonton
Calgary (that might have been three years after, but it was the same core)
NJ
Pittsburgh

I might be forgetting one...
Edmonton... No, actually yes. 40 years ago 83/84
Calgary 86, 89.
Nj, no
Pittsburgh yes 07 08
You're not forgetting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events