WCF | GM5 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I didn't say they weren't? Doesn't mean the Stars aren't playing poorly, yet again in the WCF.
It looks like Dallas isn't forechecking because they can't get to their dumped pucks. They are either too slow or too beat up to put a fight along the boards and it shows.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Oilers would beat the Rangers. Oilers would have a rough time with the Panthers but they can still beat them.
No team has been runner-up two years in a row since St. Louis back in the late 60s.

But a bunch of times teams have gone to the Finals, lost, and then gone back and won in the next year or two after.

Florida will likely squash either one of these teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos and lopper

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It looks like Dallas isn't forechecking because they can't get to their dumped pucks. They are either too slow or too beat up to put a fight along the boards and it shows.

Too slow is definitely a major issue with the team. Guys like Marchment, Pavelski, Robertson, etc. Aren't beating anyone to a loose puck.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If ifs were skiffs we'd all be sailors.
Fair point

I stand by what I said. Vegas, in the second round last year, were very, very beatable

No team has been runner-up two years in a row since St. Louis back in the late 60s.

But a bunch of times teams have gone to the Finals, lost, and then gone back and won in the next year or two after.

Florida will likely squash either one of these teams.
How many teams have done that, 2?

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
If Oilers wanna prove they’re a team that belongs in the finals, this 3rd period is a chance to prove by actually owning a game for 60mins against a really good team in a crucial game 5. If old habits still appear and they blow it, then they just not ready yet and don’t deserve it. We’ll wait and see.

Reactions: robertocarlos

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Draisaitl has matured a lot, it seems. Not taking the bait of Marchment, playing attentive and limiting his own minutes.
He isn't scoring as much currently, but his line still changes the momentum like no other line of the Oilers. His line got Edmonton going last game and they outscored Dallas 8 - 0 since. He is great at shutting down whatever line he is opposing as well.

McDavid also begins to look like his true self.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Too slow is definitely a major issue with the team. Guys like Marchment, Pavelski, Robertson, etc. Aren't beating anyone to a loose puck.
and we are extremely lucky that our worst players ( Brown, Foegele, McCloed, etc) are very fast. I know foegele isn't playing tonight, but just adding him as a for instance.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas Stars is held back by former star players that should not be getting the ice time they are. They will be much better when Benn,Pavelski,Seguin and Suter are out of the team. It's sad but it's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad