WCF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/4/13 - One Down Three To Go! GO KINGS GO!

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Can everyone please just stop trying to kill our centers?

Sharks
940-stoll-torres.jpg

Hawks
K8lTKiR.gif

Vengeful pucks
m5NxbVY.gif

Seriously knock it off :cry:

So true

That last one was a shot from Brownie if i remember right.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Now you guys got a very small glimpse at what the canucks have been facing with the hawks antics for years.

They are the golden childs of the west, get protected, yet they are dirty as ****

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia

Compare Keith accident to this and listen to what Shanahan has to say.

He got two games and was a first time offender in his nine year career

Last edited:

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Please stop the us against the NHL. I hate the whiners on other teams forums playing this card. If he gets a fine, a game, or nothing, it's not because he is a Blackhawk. Just be thankful Carter is not hurt and move on.

I understand where you are coming from puck, and I agree its not the us against the league thing, but its already been proven that star players on certain teams get away with a crap ton more if its a 4th line scrub playing on a terrible team. Shanahan only has himself to blame as the whole process is so inconsistent.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
Repost: got it right this time.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006

Came here to post this very video. I'm not sure how this won't be at least a single game suspension after watching the video.

Pucknut, I wasn't trying to make it seem like a Kings vs. NHL type of deal, but it's like Winger said, star players are protected from this ****. How did Weber not get suspended for his face-smash on Zetterberg? It is the only evidence needed if Keith doesn't sit for a game. Shanaban will let us down.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
We should forward that to video to Jackie Lacey; I'm sure she'd love the headlines and the potential charges could help to add to the suspension length or at the very least disrupt the Hawks.

And this why some people hate diving. If you want "gamesmenship" in the game, then you're not going to like it when I play. Haha.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Repost: got it right this time.

Key Points

-Illegal High-Stick to the head

-Responsible for his stick

- Injury on play

- First time offender.

End result 2 games.

Only one thing doesn't fit, and it's the fact that Keith is NOT a first time offender. If Bouchard got two, Keith should get 5-7.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Only one thing doesn't fit, and it's the fact that Keith is NOT a first time offender. If Bouchard got two, Keith should get 5-7.

Bouchard got two regular season games, repeat offender or not I still think there is a chance Keith only gets a fine (I hope I'm wrong). I will say one thing though, this looks BAD on tape. An accidental slash that causes a single drop of blood receives the same penalty this did in game, and that's not a good PR message

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the league's own admission, playoff games are viewed in a different scope, unless you're already crazy (Torres), or nearly hurt the league's investments (Shaw vs. Mike Smith)

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

This. That play was about as blatant as you can possibly get. Keith never makes contact with any part of Carter other than his face, so the whole idea in the Bouchard video about even if he makes contact with his gloves or stick doesn't apply here. Keith swings high and hits Carter directly in the face (possibly as retaliation,) he should be done for the series.

Lead Role in a Cage

Mar 27, 2008
I think this league is way way way too suspension friendly. But this "accident" that obviously is a deliberate "incident" should probably be punished. We're talking about hitting a guy in his face with a stick. Much more intentional than most of the hits that unintentionally hit the head. Those might be reckless and could lead to concussions. This could have taken out Carter's eye. If those are reckless than what the fuxx is this supposed to be?

Much worse than the Torres-Stoll hit imo.

I don't care if Keith acts like he feels bad about it and apologises for it. Who gives a **** really. He does it for himself and not for Carter. He realizes his stupid behaviour might cost him a few games so he needs to be sorry more than actually being sorry. I am quite sure these guys are aware of the cameras from all angles all the time and how they are perceived about their on-ice acting. If I was Keith I would without a doubt do what he did. Acting like a responsible offender, to the point where you yourself dress as a victim ("but I am only human"), is one the many lousy traits as humans that we repeatedly use to our advantage. Some actually do it for feeling bad about it. Those should be praised. In this case Keith? Not so much.

Probably very cynical of me but I think any competition at the highest levels in general is very cynical. Keith wants to win. I love him as a player. I think he is one of the better D's in the league. But that doesn't mean he can swing a stick in a guy's face and get away with it being the victim, which seems to be the case here.

Just my opinion.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
It's probably better Keith didn't get a major and a game a the time of the incident if it results in a suspension. If he got tossed then I could easily see the NHL saying that the "punishment" in-game was sufficient.

Of course, they may say that anyway, because it's the wheel of justice NHL we're talking about.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We won the game at that's all the matters. Carter is ok, and now Keith if not suspended will need to have eyes behind his head because he now has a target on his back.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Good to see them get a win playing a good game. I was happy that King got the EN goal to end it. Get a couple more and raise that trade value some. Toffoli-Carter and Pens is a fun line to watch. Penner for all the scoring he hasn't done, is still going to be difficult to replace on a budget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad