WCF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/4/13 - One Down Three To Go! GO KINGS GO!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
So what to do if/when Mike Richards returns to the lineup?

My guess is that Richards may be put on the 4th line to center Clifford and Richardson in order to ease him back in the lineup. Right now the other lines seem to be playing well enough so it would be wise not to disrupt what they have going with those lines.

Captain Mittens*

So what to do if/when Mike Richards returns to the lineup?

My guess is that Richards may be put on the 4th line to center Clifford and Richardson in order to ease him back in the lineup. Right now the other lines seem to be playing well enough so it would be wise not to disrupt what they have going with those lines.
I may in the minority, but I think Fraser has had a pretty good series against the Hawks.

I would rather make Richardson sit

KingKopitar11*

Honestly, some of you saying Keith felt "bad". Tell me what you would say if you knew you'd might get suspended for what you just done. There's a difference for feeling bad and trying to save your ass.

Ron*

I may in the minority, but I think Fraser has had a pretty good series against the Hawks.

Richardson had a great game last night and the fourth line played well except for a couple of gaffes.

One more thing: Matt-****ing-Greene, the mean machine. Jesus, what a force. See what we missing all season long?

Sydor25

LA Kings

Richards will sit for at least a week (if he is following protocol), so game six would be the soonest he's back.

That being said, where would you put Richards if you also play Fraser?

For ***** and giggles, let's say Richards plays again this year. I would roll with this:

Penner-Carter-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Kopitar-Richardson

Even at half speed, Kopitar is better than Fraser. I would rather have Richardson's speed on the wing than Fraser.

KingKopitar11*

At the rate the Hawks are ramping up their dirtiness we may see one of our players have their career ended...

Yeah who knows, we really need to do something about it. I'm scared every game for our players. It's just weird. Like I know it's in to hate the canucks but I respect their team more than the Hawks. They might dive but they aren't dirty players.

FPotvin39

Pad Stacker
Jan 18, 2007
So Cal
From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424801 article entitled : FRASER: A LOOK AT 'INTENT' OF KEITH'S HIGH STICK ON CARTER

this was at the bottom of the article : With all this case history and theory of the standard employed by the Refs to determine a match penalty that I have shared, a hearing is being convened by the Player Safety Committee at 1:30 today with Duncan Keith. Count on him being suspended - how many is anyone's guess.

So how many games do you guys think he might get (assuming he gets suspended)?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
@helenenothelen: Asked how Jeff Carter is after taking a stick in the mouth, Sutter said: 'Awesome. I wish I was Jeff Carter today.'

Don't we all.

Jeff-Carter.jpg

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
With Carter playing center it gives him more room to use his speed, which also makes more room for his linemates. Put Kopitar with Brown. And when Richards is healthy put Williams on his line, and the kings actually will have 3 lines with offensive depth.

ORLY?

From Keith's owns lips postgame: "I wanted to give him a tap, but not where I got him," Keith explained. "I'm glad to see that he came back."

An accident you say, the only accident was that he hit him in the face. That's not an accident, that's just being regretful you got caught. The intent was there, maybe not to the face but he is responsible for his actions, he swung his stick, he's on the hook for what it hits.

Yes, I agree. It was an accident that he hit him in the face. That wasn't the intended result. That is the definition of an accident. I already stated that I agree he should be suspended and that it was a reckless play. I just don't think Keith is some sort of villain who was feigning remorse for his actions simply because there may be a further penalty.

alpa

Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter
Dec 3, 2006
Sweden and Slovenia
From http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424801 article entitled : FRASER: A LOOK AT 'INTENT' OF KEITH'S HIGH STICK ON CARTER

this was at the bottom of the article : With all this case history and theory of the standard employed by the Refs to determine a match penalty that I have shared, a hearing is being convened by the Player Safety Committee at 1:30 today with Duncan Keith. Count on him being suspended - how many is anyone's guess.

Is 1:30 in about 25 minutes?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Richards will sit for at least a week (if he is following protocol), so game six would be the soonest he's back.

That being said, where would you put Richards if you also play Fraser?

For ***** and giggles, let's say Richards plays again this year. I would roll with this:

Penner-Carter-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
King-Richards-Lewis
Clifford-Kopitar-Richardson

Even at half speed, Kopitar is better than Fraser. I would rather have Richardson's speed on the wing than Fraser.

I think you keep the top two you have but I would put Richards on a line with Kopitar and Lewis. Try Kopitar on the LW. Not sure who all watched the TSN pre-game but they showed that Crawford's weakness maybe shots from the left going short side. Which could be ideal for Anze.
I have liked what Lewis has done on the PK, Richardson has been solid and can play centre or you can put in Fraser for the fourth.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I think you keep the top two you have but I would put Richards on a line with Kopitar and Lewis. Try Kopitar on the LW. Not sure who all watched the TSN pre-game but they showed that Crawford's weakness maybe shots from the left going short side. Which could be ideal for Anze.
I have liked what Lewis has done on the PK, Richardson has been solid and can play centre or you can put in Fraser for the fourth.

I don't think switching Kopi to the wing is going to make things any better. He doesn't shoot like he should and he's got to be injured. I think it's best to limit his minutes at this point. I think he will contribute better if he's not on the ice all the time like he's been.

If Richards comes back, keep Carter centering Toffoli and Penner, and put Richards in between Williams and Brown on the 2nd line. Has Richards ever gotten to play a lot of time with Williams? I feel like they would be good together. But unfortunately, Kopi might be best suited for the 4th line at this point as much as I hate to say it. You shouldn't ever have to put a guy like that on the 4th line but it's become almost necessary. Stoll is better at Kopitar at this point, and I don't want him on the 4th.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Yes, I agree. It was an accident that he hit him in the face. That wasn't the intended result. That is the definition of an accident. I already stated that I agree he should be suspended and that it was a reckless play. I just don't think Keith is some sort of villain who was feigning remorse for his actions simply because there may be a further penalty.

He admited to swinging his stick with an unclear intent at Carter. That's not an accident. He feels bad about hitting him in the face sure, I get that. He still swung his stick at a guy intending to hit him... somewhere. Again not an accident. It was a premeditated shot that happened to not work out so well for him. It wasn't an accident, it was intentional. An accident would be two guys colliding and a stick pops un and hits one in the face. This is a premeditated act that had an undesirable outcome for Keith, but it wasn't an accident as he meant to swing at him.
All I'm arguing is that Keith meant to hit Carter, maybe not where he did, but he admits he took a swing at him. That to me easily makes this a far more severe offense than a badly timed hit, or sticking an elbow out and hitting somebody in the head. Keith isn't a villion but he isn't doing himself favors saying he meant to swing at him, but he's sorry he did.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Noose.jpg

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't think switching Kopi to the wing is going to make things any better. He doesn't shoot like he should and he's got to be injured. I think it's best to limit his minutes at this point. I think he will contribute better if he's not on the ice all the time like he's been.

If Richards comes back, keep Carter centering Toffoli and Penner, and put Richards in between Williams and Brown on the 2nd line. Has Richards ever gotten to play a lot of time with Williams? I feel like they would be good together. But unfortunately, Kopi might be best suited for the 4th line at this point as much as I hate to say it. You shouldn't ever have to put a guy like that on the 4th line but it's become almost necessary. Stoll is better at Kopitar at this point, and I don't want him on the 4th.

I like your idea that Richards would look good with Wilimas, although with how Williams is playing who wouldn't?
I agree something must be up with Kopitar but he has still done a good job on the defensive end. Him on the left side on the 3rd line would be an awesome shut down line, that has the ability to score. That is with either Stoll or Richards as centre. I would prefer Richards just to ease him back in as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad