Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

snag

Feb 22, 2014
.......and oiler fans thought it would be a walk in the park over vancouver. Without out two best players we nearly took the oilers out. Oilers are playing a legit team and it will be over quick. Skinner and his .880 save percentage will only get worse. I would not be shocked to see Campbell by game 4

I never thought it would be a cakewalk. But I also get over things pretty quick too. But hey.... At least you are unloading online ;)

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I mean... missing our #6 who seems to have been replaced again, this time by Petrovic, isn't 'missing a couple pieces there'.

Imagine if the Oilers were missing Brett Kulak...

Just...
Hopefully you guys don't melt down crying like Vancouver after losing. Players get injured.

Thats not true. Silovs was commended for doing his job as a 1st year AHL guy. Demko can literally steal games on his own.

Demo would have made sweet F A of a difference.
Return the mushrooms

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
Pete Deboer rolls 4 lines. Teams who roll 4 lines have a huge advantage especially the later rounds and the deeper a round goes. Vegas won last year, they rolled 4 lines. Colorado the year before and they rolled 4 lines.

Florida last year couldnt match up to Vegas depth and after the injury to Tkachuk it was curtains. The same can be said for Vancouver with Boeser.

Im expecting to see McDrai play 30+ minutes in at least a couple games this series.
Jason Robertson has played more 5on5 minutes than mcdavid this playoffs

Reactions: rynryn

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
John Shannon said he doesn't think there's a centerman in Dallas that can shut down McDavid as good as JT Miller did.

Reactions: stewy04

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Oiler fans are in for a rude awakening when they realize how much depth the Stars have and how good their goalies.
I'm sorry, but the majority of hockey fans in Canada actually follow the rest of the league.

We're not in for a rude awakening, we're well aware of how good Dallas is.

Newa flash, every team left is really good.

.......and oiler fans thought it would be a walk in the park over vancouver. Without out two best players we nearly took the oilers out. Oilers are playing a legit team and it will be over quick. Skinner and his .880 save percentage will only get worse. I would not be shocked to see Campbell by game 4
Can you guys just go away already?

You're acting as if the majority of you weren't pounding your chest before that series started..

You were extremely confident, and now look at you

This thread would be infinitely more tolerable if Leafs and Canucks fans were forced to wallow in their franchises' pathetic futility instead of being able to opine on much better teams.
Facts

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Except it isn't Canucks fans bringing up the Canucks. Oilers fans keep bringing it up and then they gate keep when anyone else speaks.

This is the main board thread. If all you want to hear is yourself speak then by all means , jog on to your team thread.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
John Shannon said he doesn't think there's a centerman in Dallas that can shut down McDavid as good as JT Miller did.
That might be true, but Heiskanen has been one of the most effective defenseman against McDavid. Him and Vlasic circa 2017 are on another level against him.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Except it isn't Canucks fans bringing up the Canucks. Oilers fans keep bringing it up and then they gate keep when anyone else speaks.

This is the main board thread. If all you want to hear is yourself speak then by all means , jog on to your team thread.

And we're allowed to say get over it. Stop gate keeping the conversation.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
That might be true, but Heiskanen has been one of the most effective defenseman against McDavid. Him and Vlasic circa 2017 are on another level against him.
McDavid has 18 points against the Stars in the 13 games Heiskanen has played against him.

Not to mention the last game McDavid played against Dallas in April he had 0 points, but had 8 shots on net.

I wouldn't exactly say Dallas has mastered shutting him down, but we'll see how they fair against him & 29

Reactions: snipes

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
McDavid 1 assist in 3 game against Dallas this year. Shut down.
16 shots on net in those 3 games, he definitely had his scoring opportunities.

I'm pleased to here though you guys are very confident Dallas will be able to shut down 97 in the series.

Again, we'll see

Nikki Potnick

Aug 26, 2020
Where the sun don't shine
16 shots on net in those 3 games, he definitely had his scoring opportunities.

I'm pleased to here though you guys are very confident Dallas will be able to shut down 97 in the series.

Again, we'll see
0 goals.

I'd consider keeping McDavid to 1pt/game as being shut down. He's the best player in the world, you can't stop him, but only limit the damage.

Reactions: LT

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
3 things concern me the most in this series. Mcdavid has been fighting illness and an injury from all reports. Thats not good. And Drai has not historically put up good numbers against Dallas. If those 2 are not playing close to 100% the Oilers wont win. And then there is Skinner.... All in all the Oilers have a lot of questions going into this series. We will have some answers soon......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad