Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Sure will be something when this series goes back to Dallas with Dallas leading 3-1. Go ahead and bookmark this one.

Yep, Oetter had a pretty terrible season, but has come back to form at the right time.
How do you bookmark?

McRegular

Apr 27, 2024
Oiler fan so have to hate Dallas.
But how anyone can call Heiskanen average or even find many faults with him is absurd.

I'd trade our whole fcuking team except McDrai and a goalie for him. Prob still have some success with only those 3 players and a goalie on ice
Id love to see my boy Connor getting those secondary assists from Miro goals!

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
What is the deal with the shit dump many seem to be doing on the Oilers? The season they had was nothing short of incredible.

Admittedly I didn't watch a lot of the Stars, but as far as Colorado and Vegas? Avs have had struggles and were susceptible. Vegas was nothing. No cohesion. LTIR shit a distraction, no goalie on a Vezina mini pack.

The Oilers were the best team in the league since just after Christmas.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It is very ironic that you cannot recognize obvious sarcasm. No wonder you think Heiskanen is far greater than he actually is. Or did I commit an ad hominem fallacy like you did when you had nothing to offer in this discussion besides referencing some 3-year-old sarcastic messages?

nahhh, it's way more fun to watch you bury yourself, i didn't even have to hand you the shovel

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
Dallas has the deepest forward group in the league, that's their strength. But Heiskanen carries their blue line, they already only have 5 NHL caliber D as is.

Your Leafs avatar is really showing well with that "they got goalied" argument.

That's the crux of advanced stats. It's a bunch of spreadsheet jockeys who really do know less than the average idiot like you or I on a message board
I don't think the Conn Smythe should be awarded to someone just because he is the best defender on an average and not very deep defense, standing out because of that. But as I said before, he might win it, and I would be pleased if he does. However, there is still plenty of hockey to play if they are going to win the Stanley Cup. Then we will have a better understanding of who deserves the Conn Smythe. To me, at the moment, he is not the front runner for it. He was better in the regular season, even though he made fewer points per game.

The only problem, even as a Finnish hockey fan to me, is that some people tend to compare Heiskanen to other elite defensemen like Makar, Dahlin, Fox, Josi, etc. Yeah he might clear Ristolainen ill give you that though @Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What is the deal with the shit dump many seem to be doing on the Oilers? The season they had was nothing short of incredible.

Admittedly I didn't watch a lot of the Stars, but as far as Colorado and Vegas? Avs have had struggles and were susceptible. Vegas was nothing. No cohesion. LTIR shit a distraction, no goalie on a Vezina mini pack.

it's true and it's hard to understand

like within the pacific sure we tee off on each other

but i guess the 'pacific sucks' narrative is stronger than I thought

Reactions: RegDunlop

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't think the Conn Smythe should be awarded to someone just because he is the best defender on an average and not very deep defense, standing out because of that. But as I said before, he might win it, and I would be pleased if he does. However, there is still plenty of hockey to play if they are going to win the Stanley Cup. Then we will have a better understanding of who deserves the Conn Smythe. To me, at the moment, he is not the front runner for it. He was better in the regular season, even though he made fewer points per game.

The only problem, even as a Finnish hockey fan to me, is that some people tend to compare Heiskanen to other elite defensemen like Makar, Dahlin, Fox, Josi, etc. Yeah he might clear Ristolainen ill give you that though @Raccoon Jesus
If Dallas wins the cup and everything stays as is who would your pick be? For me its between him and Otter. I love Otter but even I don't think he's done as well as you're saying

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I'm not even making some grand statement about his abilities over all

but on this run he's excelling, nearly PPG, in the toughest comp in the toughest situations while playing an average of half the game having just gone thru Colorado and Vegas.

If that hurts you, tough shit, try watching hockey with your eyes open, it's more fun

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Everyone cries about "wahhh LTIR" with Vegas, but it turns out they actually were super banged up, despite the conventional wisdom that it was just an act for capspace. This was mostly the same team and goaltending that brought them a cup

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Everyone cries about "wahhh LTIR" with Vegas, but it turns out they actually were super banged up, despite the conventional wisdom that it was just an act for capspace. This was mostly the same team and goaltending that brought them a cup

I never cried
I could care less about that league favored team. Just thought they had too much outside noise going on to get far.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

I think you're arguing with a couple of Oiler fans that are in favor of a Dallas player. Shouldn't that tell you all you need to know?

With the exception of perhaps Makar, H is even or above those others

Playoffsareoverrated

Jan 23, 2021
Espoo, Finalnd
If Dallas wins the cup and everything stays as is who would your pick be? For me its between him and Otter. I love Otter but even I don't think he's done as well as you're saying
Right now Otter without a doubt. If you can't pick him, then you could make an argument for multiple guys, including Heiskanen. I even think that the old boys Seguin and Benn are being underrated because they used to be mediocre for so long, but right now, they are having a great playoffs. Then you have to also mention Robertson and Johnston.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
How do you bookmark?
On the line that says when a post was posted theres a bookmark button, right next to the post number.

Nice to hear from you instead of just getting laugh reacts :sarcasm:

Oetter is leading every goalie remaining at 5v5, I think if Stars won it all there's easily an argument for him.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think you're arguing with a couple of Oiler fans that are in favor of a Dallas player. Shouldn't that tell you all you need to know?

With the exception of perhaps Makar, H is even or above those others

I'm a Kings fan that actually largely dislikes the Stars

Go figure I try to give one a compliment and the most vociferous 'well actually' guy that's supposedly a Stars fan and a Finn comes out of the woods to tell me why I shouldn't

so I'll just go continue f***ing myself I guess :laugh:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Go figure I try to give one a compliment and the most vociferous 'well actually' guy that's supposedly a Stars fan and a Finn comes out of the woods to tell me why I shouldn't

I found the whole exchange hilarious as well! Both of us not fans of the team, praising the guy and getting arguments against it!

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

I've got a good friend thats a King's fan, nobody's perfect :sarcasm::laugh:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Right now Otter without a doubt. If you can't pick him, then you could make an argument for multiple guys, including Heiskanen. I even think that the old boys Seguin and Benn are being underrated because they used to be mediocre for so long, but right now, they are having a great playoffs. Then you have to also mention Robertson and Johnston.

11p in 15 and 10 in 15 doesn't really scream Conn Smythe to me. I could see Wyatt Johnson if he surged passed Miro in points.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

Lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad