Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Like I said, Oilers need the big boys AND Skinner to show up to win. Game 1 they showed up, game 2 only Skinner did. Oilers need things to go right for them to win, Dallas doesn’t.

Stars in 5, at worst 6.
Perfectly said.

If Dallas wins, look back to period one of game two. Tie game. Edmonton was curbstomping Dallas. They weren't able to break the game open. And Dallas woke up for the rest of the game.

Edmonton needs McDrai, depth, D, and goaltending to be great to win. Dallas needs maybe one of those things to win this series.

Edmonton isn't helping themselves by consistently putting guys like Ceci & MacLeod out on the ice either. It's not their fault they are terrible. But the HC should know better.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Like I said, Oilers need the big boys AND Skinner to show up to win. Game 1 they showed up, game 2 only Skinner did. Oilers need things to go right for them to win, Dallas doesn’t.

Stars in 5, at worst 6.
I feel the same way, but it's not guaranteed. Anything can happen in the playoffs, injuries or just bad luck. Stars should win in 5/6 but there are zero guarantees, maybe Skinner keeps playing well, maybe the Oilers depth guys show up.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

Stars in 5, at worst 6.
Dallas got a fluke goal in the 3rd period in a tie game despite the Oilers not playing great and Dallas playing desperate

it's closer than you think

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Adding an elite level player like that to any team would get them a cup, isn't exclusive to Edmonton. Add McDavid to to say Carolina or the Rangers, they're winning multiple cups. Add Makar to Vegas they're winning multiple cups.

It doesn't really mean anything.
Good point.
I was just making the point of the goaltending position.
You see. Adding Shesterkin to the (leafs Bruins, Jets, Canucks, ) they still do not have enough to win a Cup.
Add him to Oilers and it's a slam dunk.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Stars in 5, at worst 6.
Edmontons best chance is a perfect storm where everything clicks, Dallas is a much more complete team.

Edmonton showed a lot of cracks in the previous series, Dallas has the ability to capitalize on them..

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The Jets are the best team not playing. That's too funny.

I had the Oilers missing the playoffs. Now they are as likely to win the Cup as the other 3 teams.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Let's take any comparison away and just ask this, if your teams best center was gone, do you think your team would get a boost when they came back? Don't worry about points, don't even consider the player. There's no homer glasses here but your own.
don’t tell me we’re comparing Connor McGoatvid to Rupert Wintz

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I am not sure what people smoked before posting in this thread, but Edmonton is clear outsider here. It does not mean they can't win it all or at least go to the finals.

Even such a bottom dweller as Montreal was to the finals recently.

Oilers won the weakest division mostly because of the absence of regular Canucks goalie. There are teams that are already out but they still better than Edmonton.

I think that's ridiculous but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Oilers were dead last in November and since then have the best record in the league. What on earth are you talking about.

Reactions: Coffey

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Dal needs Hintz back and reasonably healthy to have a chance at a Cup. When he is in, everyone else slots into their proper place.

No offense to you for the following. I missed quoting OP....

I always find the saying of 'your best players have to show up', or 'your goalie has to stand on his head' etc etc etc to win. No shit.

Drai and McD have to show up, Skinner blah blah fcuking blah... your fans are saying. Such bullshit.

Are they trying to say that if Benn, Heiskanen, Ott don't show up Dallas will win anyway? EVERY team needs their best performance out of their stars to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad