Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
How are you so consistently wrong about everything yet still posting about the Oilers? It’s actually impressive.

Wow, I got the number of games wrong. I’m sure all your predictions are accurate. I didn’t realize Hintz was out for Game 1, so the Oilers managed to steal a game in double OT.

My bracket is actually accurate in the West so far so I don’t know what you’re on about.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Wow, I got the number of games wrong. I’m sure all your predictions are accurate. I didn’t realize Hintz was out for Game 1, so the Oilers managed to steal a game in double OT.

My bracket is actually accurate in the West so far so I don’t know what you’re on about.
You must have forgot about the time you said the Oilers wouldn’t exceed 78 points in the regular season, when they hit it by the deadline.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
McDavid with a ton of anger last night. Edmonton played like a damn team last night, and it was massive for them just to get that game 1 in Dallas. Now they have to keep building off that. I thought Stuart Skinner played fine. Thats what he was supposed to do come playoff time.

Dallas needs Wyatt to show up.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
There are a ton of reasons that I could write. I’ve had a long progressive history of hating the Oilers more and more every year. This is due to me simply not liking the current players on the roster for personal reasons, a ton of factors that are related to this team’s history in the last 15 years, and how I feel the rules have changed to accommodate players like McDavid.

Back in 2010-11, the Oilers had one of my favorite teams ever. They were terrible but their roster was absolutely iconic. Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is the GOAT and I wish the Oilers nothing but the worst going forward.
Sounds like a case of confirmation bias building up to unhealthy levels. Take a step back and enjoy the hockey. McDraiBouch are more fun to watch than MPS.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
I also thought that Tanev was supposed to smother and neutralize McDavid? What happened??
You can't shut down McDavid, but a small quick defender has a much better chance than a big slow guy like Tanev. You certainly want Tanev against Matthews types, big strong forwards, but not McDavid.

Erik Karlsson would have a better chance of keeping up with McDavid than Tanev. Was Hughes playing against him a lot last round?

It's amazing that Tanev shut down McKinnon and his speed, maybe he was a bit off. Maybe the Avs sort of beat themselves, as the Nichuchkin situation must have disheartened them.

Edit: Dallas should use Heiskenen to try and shut down McDavid.

Last edited:

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
You can't shut down McDavid, but a small quick defender has a much better chance than a big slow guy like Tanev. You certainly want Tanev against Matthews types, big strong forwards, but not McDavid.

Erik Karlsson would have a better chance of keeping up with McDavid than Tanev. Was Hughes playing against him a lot last round?

It's amazing that Tanev shut down McKinnon and his speed, maybe he was a bit off. Maybe the Avs sort of beat themselves, as the Nichuchkin situation must have disheartened them.
True but the narrative before this game was that Tanev was McDavid's nemesis and the "X-Factor." McDavid is far more mobile than 99% of the players and will find a way....

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Didn’t watch the game and I’m a neutral observer, but I can tell just from looking at the game summary that the officiating last night was bad. There’s no way Dallas committed zero infractions (other than the bench minor) in a 4 period game. Powerplay chances obviously don’t have to be exactly equal in a given game, but when they are wildly lopsided, it’s usually because the referees sucked.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Anyone who picked Dallas to sweep or win in 5, go to the back of the class.

McDavid had 4 SOG last night. He had 5 total in the previous 3 games. He needs to keep his shooting numbers around 4 or 5 per game.

When he's at 0 shots or 1 or 2 he's basically saying, "Hyman or RNH is the guy". Which is ridiculous. The best player in the game needs to remember that sometimes.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Sounds like a case of confirmation bias building up to unhealthy levels. Take a step back and enjoy the hockey. McDraiBouch are more fun to watch than MPS.
I think you’ve taken my post a bit seriously. I enjoy the hockey plenty but I simply do not like the Oilers organization and will continue to root against them much I like I will Toronto for similar reasons.

Didn’t watch the game and I’m a neutral observer, but I can tell just from looking at the game summary that the officiating last night was bad. There’s no way Dallas committed zero infractions (other than the bench minor) in a 4 period game. Powerplay chances obviously don’t have to be exactly equal in a given game, but when they are wildly lopsided, it’s usually because the referees sucked.
Dallas has been the most disciplined team all playoffs. They don’t really take penalties.

• Haha
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I count six Oilers on the ice too.....maybe that's why. :laugh:

Refs just let the players sort it out, and sure enough they did.
There’s really only 5. The 5th player has one foot off the ice already. Their change is complete. The stars have 8 on the ice! Lol. Even if the 2 by the boards are heading off there’s still 6. It’s pretty noticeable.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
True but the narrative before this game was that Tanev was McDavid's nemesis and the "X-Factor." McDavid is far more mobile than 99% of the players and will find a way....
In Mcdavid's career, the Dman who has given him the most trouble has been Heiskanen, which is not surprising given he's one of the few dmen who can keep up with him. In 2022, Makar played him about as well as you can in a series. This idea that you need big shutdown, shotblocking Dman to slow down Mcdavid isn't rooted in reality, he's always done fine against that type.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Than anyone.

It's why a watch more Oilers games than I do CBJ games-even though they're the closest team to where I live.

Anyone who-at some level-doesn't thoroughly enjoy watching McDavid play probably really doesn't like hockey. The Oilers PP is probably the most enjoyable watch for me in all of hockey. Except for a good beat down of Tzachuk. Thanks, Zach Kassian forever for that one.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Officiating was a travesty last night. No doubt in my mind Gary’s script was to have the Stars take Game 1. Unfortunately for the vampire, the Oilers were much too resilient and fought through all of adversities Gary threw at them.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Always keep the receipts. ;) Sad part is, none of the "pundits" are Stars fans. They seem pretty cool. :thumbu:
Both teams are really close in all aspects Offensive and defense edge to Oilers in special teams edge to Stars in goaltending, their season stats are very similar as well , with the edge to Oilers after coaching change , the series is a coin toss

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I understood you joked about the MPS part but I stand by what I said.
As do I. It’s completely reasonable to not like a team based on the makeup of personalities on a roster and the decisions made by the organization throughout the entirety of me watching hockey as a child. You see it’s similar to why people will root for a team other than their hometown team.

But I will say, my dude Anton Lander deserved better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad