Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I personally do not care who wins of the 4 teams left but if EDM somehow gets there I think anyone wanting a good final might have issues as FLA matches up miserably vs EDM and EDM matches up miserably vs NYR. To get either of those series past 4-5 is maybe a big ask.

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
It was interesting watching the game last night. In many different series I have seen so far in these playoffs, too many players are trying to bring the puck into the offensive zone or make a cute pass to enter the zone, only to lose it, get caught up with a checking defenseman, etc. In many cases I am telling my kids who are watching with me the player should just shoot or dump the puck in more often.

The one thing I noticed during the game last night is that Dallas did this often, but the big difference was that the Oilers D out-hustled the Dallas player to get the puck that was just shot in and quickly got it out of the zone. In many cases where Dallas tried to bring the puck, they were stopped by the Oilers D. Little things like this make a huge cumulative difference in the game, and were able to keep the Oilers in it and withstand the Dallas attack.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Stars in 3

feel free to bookmark this post ;)
Noted.
Struggling to give Edmonton a game.

Dallas in 4.

Dallas had to go through Vegas and Colorado. Edmonton had to go through LA and a Demko and later Boeser-less Vancouver.
Gotcha.
Dallas in 4 periods.
Ok.
Stars in 3
Swish.
I'll take the bet.
You owe the world a bazillion dollars.
Dallas in 4
Enjoy game 5.

Dallas still may win the series, but these takes are terrible. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Uh huh.

After your eyes stop rolling, use them to find examples of all the calls the refs might have missed.

High sticks drawing blood, maybe? Egregious trips?

Surely there were dozens, it's just that those dastardly refs drew a blind eye to every single one, right? :laugh:

(For the record I'm sure there were a handful of cases - going both ways - where the refs chose to let it go. But I'm glad we didn't see any "make-up calls" or phantom calls against Dallas just to even up the PP chances).
I mean you guys got a non-existent slashing on Bouch and "roughing".

Reactions: capazzo and rhino71

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
I personally do not care who wins of the 4 teams left but if EDM somehow gets there I think anyone wanting a good final might have issues as FLA matches up miserably vs EDM and EDM matches up miserably vs NYR. To get either of those series past 4-5 is maybe a big ask.

You have it backwards, at least based on the regular season. We were decent against NYR but FLA kicked our butts twice.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
why do you hate the oilers?
There are a ton of reasons that I could write. I’ve had a long progressive history of hating the Oilers more and more every year. This is due to me simply not liking the current players on the roster for personal reasons, a ton of factors that are related to this team’s history in the last 15 years, and how I feel the rules have changed to accommodate players like McDavid.

Back in 2010-11, the Oilers had one of my favorite teams ever. They were terrible but their roster was absolutely iconic. Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is the GOAT and I wish the Oilers nothing but the worst going forward.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Okay, so game 1 of a best of 7 while on the road was a "must win."

In a sense where if you read the post Dallas was without their 1C

That’s a massive advantage and you have to be able to take advantage of that

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
There was a lot of f***ing bullshit in this thread ill tell you that for free. You know who you are.

Dallas is still a damn good team and this will be a war, but there was some major disrespect in here.

Reactions: Frosty415

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
yesterday dallas was a bad match up for the oilers too......

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
It was interesting watching the game last night. In many different series I have seen so far in these playoffs, too many players are trying to bring the puck into the offensive zone or make a cute pass to enter the zone, only to lose it, get caught up with a checking defenseman, etc. In many cases I am telling my kids who are watching with me the player should just shoot or dump the puck in more often.

The one thing I noticed during the game last night is that Dallas did this often, but the big difference was that the Oilers D out-hustled the Dallas player to get the puck that was just shot in and quickly got it out of the zone. In many cases where Dallas tried to bring the puck, they were stopped by the Oilers D. Little things like this make a huge cumulative difference in the game, and were able to keep the Oilers in it and withstand the Dallas attack.
the oilers want you to dump the puck in, that means you are commiting at least 1 probably 2 fwds to a deep forecheck and the quick transition of the oilers d instantly creates odd man rushes. if kulak doesnt fan on the pass on the 1st goal the oilers go up ice 4on 3 as both benn and seguin were below the face off dot.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There are a ton of reasons that I could write. I’ve had a long progressive history of hating the Oilers more and more every year. This is due to me simply not liking the current players on the roster for personal reasons, a ton of factors that are related to this team’s history in the last 15 years, and how I feel the rules have changed to accommodate players like McDavid.

Back in 2010-11, the Oilers had one of my favorite teams ever. They were terrible but their roster was absolutely iconic. Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is the GOAT and I wish the Oilers nothing but the worst going forward.

You know....reading that I think of the Gretzky rule and LAUGH.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Can the NHL please follow the English Premier League and cut the reviews on every single little thing? I am all for reviewing if the puck crossed the goal line but the high sticks and zone entries that have little to no effect being constantly reviewed harms the viewing experience.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What makes these bad matchups?

legitimately curious.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Can the NHL please follow the English Premier League and cut the reviews on every single little thing? I am all for reviewing if the puck crossed the goal line but the high sticks and zone entries that have little to no effect being constantly reviewed harms the viewing experience.

It reminds me of baseball. They made all sorts of changes to the game that ultimately ruin the organic flow and beauty of the game to speed it up for those who have no attention spans. All to then use that time to review relatively inconsequential stuff to satisfy those who bitch about millimeters as if that really truly was a great injustice and had a major impact on what happened.

And then they institute the automatic man in scoring position in extra innings?? Like WTF. That would be like hockey going 3 on 3 with no goalies in overtime.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
This series should go to 7 games. Probably 6 if bounces go one team's way.

I do think McDavid is playing with an injury and that might be an issue in a 7 game series.
There’s a belief that he has been dealing with an injury since October.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
A McDavid winner in overtime during a game where the Oilers more than handled the so-called “invincible and going to drop the Oilers in 4” Stars is what one expects when picking the Oilers to win the series in 6.

It would be something else if they are up 2-0 leaving the weekend heading to home ice. This board would be in flames.
I also thought that Tanev was supposed to smother and neutralize McDavid? What happened??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad