WC QF: May 12 GDT - Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
SIBIR said:
With beteer (more skilled) defensemen Russia would destroy Finland.

I agree 100% ! our defence looked bad again

Zubov, Gonchar , Markov, Malakhov, Volckenkov , Tytin................. :cry:

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
SIBIR said:
With better (more skilled) defensemen Russia would destroy Finland.

They had pretty good defensemen, but they didn't defent as a team all the time. We saw what happened at 2000 when you had all of your best dmens on the ice.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
SIBIR said:
With better (more skilled) defensemen Russia would destroy Finland.

Well, same thing with Finland. We were missing Sami Salo, Janne Niinimaa, Teppo Numminen, Toni Lydman, Joni Pitkänen and Aki Berg...these guys would make a big difference.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Riddarn said:
Ok. How about a guy like Filppula? Or is he too young?

Not about the age, but about the size and how he plays. He is not physically ready for these games. Neither was J.Jokinen, but he used open ice well.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Shack said:
They had pretty good defensemen, but they didn't defent as a team all the time. We saw what happened at 2000 when you had all of your best dmens on the ice.

this is not right ! NOT ALL ! And we all know what happened in 98 Nagano ? There was our best team with best defenders !

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
CSKA said:
this is not right ! NOT ALL ! And we all know what happened in 98 Nagano ? There was our best team with best defenders !

Yes, it's not the namelist. It's only team spirit that counts.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
SIBIR said:
of course ...

but i'm always scared if guys like Proshkin or Rjazantsev are on the ice ........ :cry:

Yeah and what about Gusev and Denisov ...........bahaaaaaaaa i was everytime like o noooooooooooooooo :biglaugh:

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
SIBIR said:
of course ...

but i'm always scared if guys like Proshkin or Rjazantsev are on the ice ........ :cry:

You should see me playing in team Russia... then you would know what means to be scared :)

Well I'm always afraid when Janne Niinimaa or Aki Berg are on ice. You never know when they are going to slip. Hopefully not when P. Bure is near.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Shack said:
You should see me playing in team Russia... then you would know what means to be scared :)

Well I'm always afraid when Janne Niinimaa or Aki Berg are on ice. You never know when they are going to slip. Hopefully not when P. Bure is near.

I think every D is afraid when Pavel is/was on the ice ;)

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Very exciting game! Congrats to Russia!

Better and essentially more skilled team won this game. Pavel Datsyuk is indeed the best example of what's right in Russian hockey. What an astounding player! Everytime he got the puck I was afraid it's going to find its way behind Bäckström. And that shot on his shorthanded goal was just beautiful.

Bäckström played a pretty good game, but he totally sucked in the penalties, even Afinogenov scored. And why was Petteri Nummelin one of our shooters? Oh, well. Team Finland put up a good fight, especially in the 3rd period and overtime, so I'm not even very disappointed. I'm just glad this horrible tournament is now over so I don't have to take stress of it anymore. Now we can concentrate on watching quality hockey.

This is totally mad situation for me, but somehow I feel that Sweden and Russia are now my favourites.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
with all due respect you can't compare Niinimaa with Berg :biglaugh:
Janne is a star, Aki is b-class deeman.

Shack said:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Slick Nick said:
MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!!

Rossija vpereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!! :jump:

The russian fans were outstanding today :yo: In the end of the match : MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!! soooooooooo loud :yo:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I just can't understand why Russian forwards don't score more! They shoot a lot but don't score! Everything is great and impressive-the actions, passing, skating, everything except scoring!
And about our defense... You can bash Russian defense as mach as you want but in the last 10 games Russia is 8-0-2 (Eurotour and Slovenia included) and never allowed more than 3 goals. You have to respect that. I've seen most of Russian games and got the impression that no other team actually outplayed Russian defense so far. Many goals were just due to big mistakes of our own.
The only thing we need is our forwards to finish the actions and Sokolov like against the Czechs!

GO RUSSIA!!! :jump:

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
CSKA said:
I have to say :

1. Damn we STILL UNBEATEN :yo: :biglaugh:
2. WE just CANT LOSE :biglaugh:
3. Nobody can match us on a shutout

OK Canada next......

it might have been a typo... but you know you just jinxed your team by saying shutout :)

Canada's guaranteed a win now :sarcasm:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
TORRUS said:
I just can't understand why Russian forwards don't score more! They shoot a lot but don't score! Everything is great and impressive-the actions, passing, skating, everything except scoring!

43:27 you right :teach:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
CSKA said:
The russian fans were outstanding today :yo: In the end of the match : MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!! MOLODCY!!! soooooooooo loud :yo:

What does that mean? When I was there a group of Russians that I was cheering with shouted that and I didn't know what does it mean :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad