AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
This was mentioned in the salary cap thread, but it seems pretty relevant to this one as well:

Erik Heasley is gone (no longer listed on the Pens' Website), Jason Spezza is the new GM for WB/S, and Amanda Kessel is now Assistant GM for WB/S. Kain Tisi is now WB/S's goaltending coach as well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It’s good that they have a FT goalie coach especially with the prospects we now have down there.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
This was mentioned in the salary cap thread, but it seems pretty relevant to this one as well:

Erik Heasley is gone (no longer listed on the Pens' Website), Jason Spezza is the new GM for WB/S, and Amanda Kessel is now Assistant GM for WB/S. Kain Tisi is now WB/S's goaltending coach as well.

Around the Horn Hockey - Pens have parted ways with Heasley and Athletic trainer Chris Stewart

Heasley was AWFUL

Last edited:

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Well, it seems like there might be some actual prospects there instead of just tweeners. Poulin, Broz, Pickering, McGroaty (?), Pomanerv, etc.
It makes them more exciting, and since those guys have decently high ceilings, I have higher than usual hopes.

I try to get to WBS once a season to see a game, which is more difficult now since I live in SC.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They usually tend to give it to an old head in the AHL. Gruden still too young for that
With Renouf on an AHL-only deal he’ll be down there all year too, no call-ups. He seems like the best bet to be captain.

I always liked his game as far as depth d-men go. He’s pretty rambunctious and physical, seems like a good teammate that’ll defend someone by fighting.

Shea, Johnstone and Koppanen are also probably candidates to wear letters.

Reactions: steelcityassault

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
With Renouf on an AHL-only deal he’ll be down there all year too, no call-ups. He seems like the best bet to be captain.

I always liked his game as far as depth d-men go. He’s pretty rambunctious and physical, seems like a good teammate that’ll defend someone by fighting.

Shea, Johnstone and Koppanen are also probably candidates to wear letters.
Definitely a great pick-up there. Assuming that was a Spezza move..

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
It must suck for Atley Calvert that his mate is now with the Jets, but I remember reading about him and I liked his ability to drive the net, he's on an AHL contract but hopefully he can be a nice undrafted depth player or more.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Gotta say, Spezza has done a great job stocking WBS with young players. Ignoring Pens prospects, WBS has a bunch of unsigned/undrafted players. Lindgren, Calvert, Hayes, Beck, Klassen, Jackson are all under 22 and had pretty good seasons last year.

just playing the numbers game, hopefully you get 1-2 guys that are legit prospects and earn an ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad