OT: Washington Redskins 2020 Season Thread 9: Happy Chase Young Day Draft Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Trent can go suck a dick right now, Let him sit the whole season and rot, not toll his contract then be held hostage by him anymore.

yep let’s all say it together.

F Trent Williams.....what a lying sack of dog crap.

Redskins OT Trent Williams denies nixing potential trade to Vikings — ABC News

He can rot.....I’d make him report and the first wrong word or action in the team setting and I’d suspend him for conduct detrimental and be done with him.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
yep let’s all say it together.

F Trent Williams.....what a lying sack of dog crap.

Redskins OT Trent Williams denies nixing potential trade to Vikings — ABC News

He can rot.....I’d make him report and the first wrong word or action in the team setting and I’d suspend him for conduct detrimental and be done with him.

this is all starting to look like a “I fired my agent because he was giving me bad advice” saga that has Trent returning and blaming it all on Vince

if you look at what the Redskins are doing this weekend with the eye that TW is the starting LT, well then—

keep adding offensive depth and maybe a BPA in defense in the secondary

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
On the bright side I’d prefer a 2nd rounder next year to lesser picks this year.

In other news, Trent seems like a liar. It’s always been about money and now, it seems, location as well. I put the onus squarely on him and not his agent. Even so, Bruce certainly botched this and it’s eerily similar to the Cousins situation. In both cases the player took away leverage by simply not wanting to play for Washington. That being said more value was on the table than what the team will ultimately get. It’s a clinic in poor management: allowing your best players to become toxic assets and getting pennies on the dollar for their value.

Bruce, Gruden and Manusky are huge additions by subtraction. Ultimately, the Monikers have tons of room for improvement in house. Rivera Year 1 is all about the culture shift and finding out what he already has, especially with regards to Haskins. The good thing is the team finally has real strength. That defensive line is something to attack with and build around.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Don't think I've ever seen a reporter essentially call an agent an outright liar so that was interesting. Vincent Taylor has successfully cost Trent Williams tens of millions of dollars, but ultimately Trent's ego has been his downfall. I hope Kyle is steadfast in his willingness to only deal Trent for his asking price.

Some people are saying the Redskins are out of options but I think it's the complete opposite. They played last year without him and planned to never have him on the field again when making their offseason plans this year, so not getting anything for him isn't changing anything for them. At this point Trent needs one of his former coaches, or some late-entry mystery team, to pony up the requisite package or he gets to choose between essentially ending his career by sitting out a second straight season or putting his tail between his legs and going back to the Redskins. And with the national media dunking on his agent and essentially putting the blame squarely on Trent and his camp for torpedoing the Vikings deal he's lost the court of public opinion as well.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If we don't want OBJ on the team for being a "diva" then we have to be in favor of getting rid of TW by any means necessary. Other than Antonio Brown what player has been this much of a malcontent the last few years? The list is short.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Trent looks so bad today. I hope we don’t trade him at this point. Make him play and take the 5th rounder comp pick

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If we don't want OBJ on the team for being a "diva" then we have to be in favor of getting rid of TW by any means necessary. Other than Antonio Brown what player has been this much of a malcontent the last few years? The list is short.

“Any means necessary”.....nope.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Good for Trent. Glad he’s going to what’s hopefully going to be a contender for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark