Was Krejci's glove-down legal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Seen it plenty of times....you havent?
Please cite an example of a player grabbing a puck out of midair and throwing it down the ice. Please do not post a single example of a player “batting” a puck out of the air and out of the zone because that Requires an open palm, aka never closing your hand around the puck.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
These pictures clearly show Krejci holding the puck until the puck is in the neutral zone.

krejci3.jpg

krejci1.jpg

You, yourself, just quoted the rule that specifically states that the location of the puck is what makes this an illegal self-pass.

No location on the person who passed the puck determines the zone he is in. Notice he has no puck and his left foot has yet to leave the zone..

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Please cite an example of a player grabbing a puck out of midair and throwing it down the ice. Please do not post a single example of a player “batting” a puck out of the air and out of the zone because that Requires an open palm, aka never closing your hand around the puck.

You want footnotes and everything? Dates, time of game, circumstance etc?

Seriously, you need to watch more hockey then

Reactions: BruinLVGA

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
No location on the person who passed the puck determines the zone he is in. Notice he has no puck and his left foot has yet to leave the zone..

Completely back-asswards you have it here....stunning actually how completely fouled up you have this

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You want footnotes and everything? Dates, time of game, circumstance etc?

Seriously, you need to watch more hockey then
You are the one saying pucks are thrown all the time. It should be easy to cite one example. Heck. I’ll give you a week to find an example. All you have to do is see it happen and immediately tag me and say what game and time it happened. I’ve got game center so I’ll look it up as soon as I see your post. Then I’ll come here and proclaim you know more about the game then I do. But don’t be wrong. Because if you post something that isn’t someone closing their hand on the puck and then throwing it forward out of the defensive zone or can’t find an example of something that happens all the time, I expect you to show up and admit you were wrong

Last edited:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No, he's on the blue line entering the neutral zone, what you are arguing about is asinine.

You can not make a hand pass from d zone to n zone, it has to be d zone and CONTAINED in the dzone.

He didn’t pass the puck to anyone. and he has to cross the line to be out of the zone.
Think offside rule

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Completely back-asswards you have it here....stunning actually how completely fouled up you have this

Please show me the rule where you foot has not crossed the line and you are out of the zone.
He was in the d zone no debate there. He didn’t pass the puck to anyone in the other zone.
No debate there.
He gained an advantage no debate there. This is allowed if he is in his d zone

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
No. The name of the penalty is closing your hand on the puck. The illegal act was the combination of catching the puck and throwing it forward past the Carolina defenseman.

I got it now, I skimmed through the thread and was confusing everyone saying he should get a penalty for closing his the hand on the puck with the fact that they call that when a player covers the puck on the ice with their hand not realizing they were referencing the actual name of the penalty that is all.

Reactions: Beezeral

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
You are the one saying pucks are thrown all the time. It should be easy to cite one example. Heck. I’ll give you a week to find an example. All you have to do is see it happen and immediately tag me and say what game and time it happened. I’ve got game center so I’ll look it up as soon as I see your post. Then I’ll come here and proclaim you know more about the game then I do. But don’t be wrong. Because if you post something that isn’t someone closing their hand on the puck and then throwing it forward out of the defensive zone or can’t find an example of something that happens all the time, I expect you to show up and admit you were wrong and that you let your bias cloud your comments ITT

LOL Ok, sure, I guess if it means that much to you, just curious, does OHL, AHL, ECHL games count, or just ones you can watch?

If you haven't seen it, you must be new to the game,

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I got it now, I skimmed through the thread and was confusing everyone saying he should get a penalty for closing his the hand on the puck with the fact that they call that when a player covers the puck on the ice with their hand not realizing they were referencing the actual name of the penalty that is all.
No worries. It’s easily confused and a poorly worded penalty call by the league. As long as you understand basic physics and nhl rules, you and I have no issue.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Please show me the rule where you foot has not crossed the line and you are out of the zone.
He was in the d zone no debate there. He didn’t pass the puck to anyone in the other zone.
No debate there.
He gained an advantage no debate there. This is allowed if he is in his d zone

No, it's not, holy crap man, do your homework,

Hand pass calls are based on WHERE the puck is, not WHERE the man is. That's just the FIRST thing you have wrong.

The second thing you have wrong is, you are not allowed to gain a TERRORITORIAL advantage, by passing it to yourself, from the D ZONE, to the N ZONE, do you gain an advantage?

IT HAS to be contained in the N zone....it's not hard concept.

And BTW, I think this play his fine, but you are arguing the wrong points.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
LOL Ok, sure, I guess if it means that much to you, just curious, does OHL, AHL, ECHL games count, or just ones you can watch?

If you haven't seen it, you must be new to the game,
If you can find it and either post a video or I can pull it up using gamecenter and watch it myself. , I’ll come here and admit that I’m wrong. This is under the assumption there isn’t a different set of rules in another league you cite.

But you are right. I am new to the game If you compare me to people who play professionally. I played competitively through college. So yeah, compared to them, I’m a noob

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If you can find it and either post a video or I can pull it up using gamecenter and watch it myself. , I’ll come here and admit that I’m wrong. This is under the assumption there isn’t a different set of rules in another league you cite.

But you are right. I am new to the game If you compare me to people who play professionally. I played competitively through college. So yeah, compared to them, I’m a noob

So did I, but hey, you act surprised that you've never seen that, I dunno maybe the guys I played around and officiated around were smarter? I dunno

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Hand pass calls are based on WHERE the puck is, not WHERE the man is. That's just the FIRST thing you have wrong.

The second thing you have wrong is, you are not allowed to gain a TERRORITORIAL advantage, by passing it to yourself, from the D ZONE, to the N ZONE, do you gain an advantage?

I don’t see that in any rules posted so far and I can’t find that anywhere. what rule numbers are these please and thank you

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don’t see that in any rules posted so far and I can’t find that anywhere what rule numbers are these please and thank you

Seriously? You couldn't find in the rulebook that hand passes from the Dzone to the Nzone are not allowed?

Look harder.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

No proof. No nothing.
Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad