Was Krejci's glove-down legal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
I just don’t consider it a “throw” as much as I do as a drop of the puck while his body was in motion that caused the puck to move forward with his momentum.

Where did the force to clear the neutral zone until Krejci regained control originate?

This is fast turning into "Krejci Physics".

(Plus, you did say that you didn't see a "throwing motion", not that you didn't count the underhand arc as a "throw", which is still somewhat of a walk back from what you originally said)

Last edited:
Reactions: Beezeral and Tryamw

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Where did the force to clear the neutral zone until Krejci regained control originate?

(Plus, you did say that you didn't see a "throwing motion", not that you didn't count the underhand arc as a "throw", which is still somewhat of a walk back from what you originally said)
I guess Dr Recchi is a physicist, too.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Or there’s 9 page thread because certain fans refuse to acknowledge that the play in question was clearly officiated incorrectly. Bruins fans wonder why HF posters say they are extremely biased about anything regarding their team. Holy hell.

The overwhelming majority of people were not.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
most of the time players drop the puck in a position where they can easily immediately gain possession in the most advantageous position. What players don't do is throw the puck with enough force for it to travel from blue line to blue line before they gain possession again.

It is clear you don't understand the difference.
Jesus, hyperbole much? The puck went maybe 5 feet before Krejci controlled. Well before the red line. Good god, the stretching of the truth in this thread is f***ing ridiculous.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Jesus, hyperbole much? The puck went maybe 5 feet before Krejci controlled. Well before the red line. Good god, the stretching of the truth in this thread is ****ing ridiculous.
He tossed the puck basically at his own blueline and touched it with his stick right next to the faceoff dot on the opposite side of the neutral zone. That’s a bit more that five feet.

Reactions: Tryamw and Beezeral

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Funny moment watching the replay. After the goal.....A smiling Jaccob Slavin made repeated underhand, like releasing a bowling ball gesture...

Ref was like

dikembe-mutombo-finger-wave-gif-7.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinLVGA

Last Gleaming

Jul 21, 2013
That's ridiculous. He grabs the puck 5 feet inside his own blue line, has his hand closed on it while holding it underhand, throws it forward into the open lane as he sidesteps the hit, and doesn't touch the puck again until nearly the opposite blue line. Do we got some former NBA refs working the games or something?

Maybe we need to just change the rule so that players have to close their hand into a fist before batting the puck with their gloves. Otherwise, it's a penalty. No catches or carries.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
And had enough speed on it to carry to the other blue line before krejci caught up to it. Hence the blue line to blue line comment. It’s amazing you refuse to admit he threw the puck.

What? I said what he did was illegal but was done so fluidly and in such a short span of time that the ref missing that call isn’t egregious. Just a normal missed call that happens in every game and doesn’t get a thread. Meanwhile the bruins scored 5 goals in the final 12 minutes to come back from 3 down and i don’t think there’s an 18 Page thread on that despite the fact it probably hasn’t happened as often as a ref missing a call on a bang bang play

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
What? I said what he did was illegal but was done so fluidly and in such a short span of time that the ref missing that call isn’t egregious. Just a normal missed call that happens in every game and doesn’t get a thread. Meanwhile the bruins scored 5 goals in the final 12 minutes to come back from 3 down and i don’t think there’s an 18 Page thread on that despite the fact it probably hasn’t happened as often as a ref missing a call on a bang bang play
Come on man. We never see pucks thrown like that. It was an obvious call that was missed.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Most of the time (not always, but generally it seems like) players catch the puck they aren't coming with forward momentum and turning it into a fast break, they catch it and drop it on the spot and pass it off.

I'm not walking back anything; I said I don't consider it a throw from my first post. To me it looked like he was in motion, had momentum going forwards, and dropped the puck down. He didn't really extend his arm in a way that looked like a throw to me.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Come on man. We never see pucks thrown like that. It was an obvious call that was missed.

I don’t think it was that obvious in real time what happened. It’s clear that the call was missed. But no more clear than like a tripping call that goes Without a whistle or a dive that goes unseen. Refs miss calls all the time. They missed one on krejci. Tough break for Carolina but that loss shouldn’t be pinned on the refs either way. Carolina imploded with 12 to go

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I don’t think it was that obvious in real time what happened. It’s clear that the call was missed. But no more clear than like a tripping call that goes Without a whistle or a dive that goes unseen. Refs miss calls all the time. They missed one on krejci. Tough break for Carolina but that loss shouldn’t be pinned on the refs either way. Carolina imploded with 12 to go
I don’t have a problem with this opinion. I disagree it wasn’t obvious but that isn’t very important. What is baffling to me is people like the poster above you who continue to argue that what happened on that play wasn’t a throw. It’s clear as day. Yet they will continue to argue otherwise.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I'm late to the game but that was a penalty... I saw it live and was confused...
Congrats. You understand a basic rule of physics that it requires forward motion to propel an object forward at a rate of speed that is faster then what it was previously traveling. You also understand a basic rule of hockey that you can’t throw a puck. Congrats on the great comeback last night. Good luck tomorrow, but I hope your bruins lose.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
You are allowed to catch the puck, catching the puck by definition involves closing your hand on the puck to catch it.

You are not allowed to close your hand on the puck when it is on the ice.

The rule is posted multiple times in the thread yet I see multiple posts saying it should have been a penalty because he closed his hand on the puck.

Read the rule.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
You are allowed to catch the puck, catching the puck by definition involves closing your hand on the puck to catch it.

You are not allowed to close your hand on the puck when it is on the ice.

The rule is posted multiple times in the thread yet I see multiple posts saying it should have been a penalty because he closed his hand on the puck.

Read the rule.
No. The name of the penalty is closing your hand on the puck. The illegal act was the combination of catching the puck and throwing it forward past the Carolina defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad