Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
It's unfortunate that we didn't trade him for asset(s). But, if a agreement was made between the two teams that they would pick up a player of waivers (say Holl for example) then it clears cap space but most importantly 2 roster spots.

We very well could have gotten a asset back for him but it didn't fit for the plan SY has. If he didn't need a roster player back it would hurt what he has brewing. Maybe he wants Gibson, maybe he is making a McDonough trade for the wing's now. Who knows? But I do believe he has a plan going forward.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
We very well could have gotten a asset back for him but it didn't fit for the plan SY has. If he didn't need a roster player back it would hurt what he has brewing.
Please take a step back, take a breath, and really think for a moment how insane this sounds

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
If he needs to limit roster spots for a move it's not dumb durrrr!!!!
So in your theory, he was offered a roster player For Walman. Lets say it was Nico Sturm,

Yzerman doesn't particularly like Nico Sturm, doesn't think he fits in with our team, and doesn't want him.

We still have a full roster after unloading Walman. Ok, fair.

So Yzerman counters back.
He skips over asking for a 2nd round pick in return
He skips over asking for a 3rd round pick in return
He skips over asking for a 4th round pick in return
He skips over asking for a 5th round pick in return
He skips over asking for a 6th round pick in return
He skips over asking for a 7th round pick in return
...He skips over offering up a 7th round pick to take him
He skips over offering up a 6th round pick to take him
He skips over offering up a 5th round pick to take him
He skips over offering up a 4th round pick to take him
He skips over offering up a 3rd round pick to take him

And he offers up a 2nd round pick to take him???

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Except. He didn’t. Don Cherry was not a good person. He’s a xenophobe and a racist, and frankly a precursor to the rise in fascism we see globally today. F*** Don Cherry. He should have suffered consequence culture long before he actually did.

Posters pushing back on you are just stuck on nostalgia and have failed to evolve.

For the love of god will someone please remove this garbage, and keep the focus on, checks notes: "Walman and a 2nd to San Jose."

Last edited:

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
How does that random dude know who Yzerman talked to about moving him? Is he cold calling dozens of GMs days before the entry draft to ask if they discussed anything with the Red Wings GM?

"Apparently" 😆 🤣

Dude stfu.
Not a random dude.

Well established reporter with known contacts.

He tells you he has been "reaching out to people around the league and around the Sharks"

The word "apparently" isn't indicative of him coming up with his own theories. It is to relay information "Based off some of my conversations and reading reports from others"

Reactions: SirloinUB

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
How does that random dude know who Yzerman talked to about moving him? Is he cold calling dozens of GMs days before the entry draft to ask if they discussed anything with the Red Wings GM?

"Apparently" 😆 🤣

Dude stfu.
So when did Yzerman become an idiot? I mean according to internet GMs, he just traded Walman without doing any Due Diligence on the market for him. Since we know Yzermannis not impulsive, and he’s not an idiot, it must mean there is more to this, which brings me to my earlier point about what the “future considerations” entails.

Reactions: WestlakeWingFan

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So when did Yzerman become an idiot? I mean according to internet GMs, he just traded Walman without doing any Due Diligence on the market for him. Since we know Yzermannis not impulsive, and he’s not an idiot, it must mean there is more to this, which brings me to my earlier point about what the “future considerations” entails.
Deductive reasoning is how you have to get a good read on Yzerman. He's a man of mystery.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

"Apparently" 😆 🤣

Dude stfu.
As much as you know he doesn't have information...

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

"Apparently" 😆 🤣

Dude stfu.

There's the Sean Shapiro statement that since Yzerman is a brick wall, he went around to other teams in the league and asked questions. The responses were that just about nobody knew that Walman was on the block and would have offered something for him in return.

izlez

Feb 28, 2012
So we have zero examples of "Future considerations" amounting to anything, much less something substantial. We have reporting that sources inside the sharks organization say there is nothing more to this. And we're still gonna keep spinning conspiracy theories that this is some 4D chess move?

When is the deadline that we can move on from expecting future considerations to turn into something? Today at noon? July 1st? I want to get those goalposts cemented down

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad