Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah, everyone chill out.

giphy.webp
:laugh:
I'm just sayin! We run a pretty tight camp and Seravalli is a dingus, other teams could leak but they also could have other intentions in doing so.

I'll definitely not be happy if either is a target for us, but until it happens I'm not going to feel anything.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Sorry but after the holl and petry debacle and this walman trade, Yzerman is out of runway with me. These are horrible hockey moves. You cannot tell me these were good for the wings. And the sooner we can rid ourselves of copp holl and petry the better. To each their own I guess.

Petry gets paid 1/4th of his salary due to double retention... we gave up basically nothing for him. Holl isn't good but it's a 3 year deal. Walman is a one time 20 point player in his late 20s. These aren't deals that sink or swim a team.

Reactions: Henkka

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Sorry but after the holl and petry debacle and this walman trade, Yzerman is out of runway with me. These are horrible hockey moves. You cannot tell me these were good for the wings. And the sooner we can rid ourselves of copp holl and petry the better. To each their own I guess.

I still argue that Petry alone is not a bad move, but makes the Holl signing look worse. Petry was up and down but overall decent and has one year left on his deal. He's a stopgap as the young defensive corps develops.

And I've already stated my feelings on people's Copp obsession.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
3rd highest scoring defenseman on Wings (with zero PP time and cheapest cap hit) is a "debacle"... got it

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I'm still surprised more Wings fans aren't sour about the poor asset management with Zadina as well...

That dumb backloaded "Gee, I hope he earns it!" contract meant they got nothing measurable from a 6OA pick that likely still had some trade value the summer he was an RFA and even last summer (had he been given a more reasonable contract the year before).

But Yzerdrones just deflected all the blame to Holland for drafting him in the first place.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm still surprised more Wings fans aren't sour about the poor asset management with Zadina as well...

That dumb backloaded "Gee, I hope he earns it!" contract meant they got nothing measurable from a 6OA pick that likely still had some trade value the summer he was an RFA and even last summer (had he been given a more reasonable contract the year before).

But Yzerdrones just deflected all the blame to Holland for drafting him in the first place.
It must be nice living in a world where you can create your own hypotheticals to win arguments

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So here is some out there conspiracy, but what if this is connected to the Goodrow claim and the Rangers have to get Trouba to Detroit at a certain cap percentage retained and they are shopping around to facilitate?

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
The only way Future Considerations turns into anything is if there is some sort of games-played criteria in the deal. San Jose is willing to take on Walman, and if he isn't a problem and fits in with the roster, playing a certain number of games, they'll send over a later-round pick.

Or something along those lines.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
The only way Future Considerations turns into anything is if there is some sort of games-played criteria in the deal. San Jose is willing to take on Walman, and if he isn't a problem and fits in with the roster, playing a certain number of games, they'll send over a later-round pick.

Those get reported as conditional picks.

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007

That is something that is typically listed as a condition of the trade. A conditional pick.

I really don’t think there is documentation of “future considerations” ever once amounting to anything.

Those get reported as conditional picks.
Jinx, you owe me a cocaine.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Really seems more and more like a guy Yzerman didn't think was a fit and REALLY wanted to unload, inexplicably to fans.

As much as several people have expressed not wanting to re-sign Gostisbehere, he's not a BAD player or with a BAD contract. Philly packaged up a 2nd and 7th to unload him in 2021.

I don't think there is any magical second shoe dropping any time soon

Reactions: SirloinUB

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Checked in because this makes no sense to me, I'm gonna go through this thread when I have time but through the first 4 pages I didn't see anyone defending Stevie at all.

It's like Mike Grier did a reverse Jedi mind trick on Stevie. Swindled by MFG? Seriously?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The fact that other GMs wer “surprised” is a very bad sign for Yzerman doing his due diligence. Thats embarrassing

The thing is, let's forget that it's Yzerman and make it any generic GM (lest I be labeled an Yzerdrone). That would be an inexplicably incompetent move by any general manager in the NHL. We're not talking about overvaluing a player or making a bad trade. This is not bothering to reach out to anyone else before pulling the trigger on an unfavorable deal.

Which is why I find it hard to believe that's the case. Even if a GM were insanely busy, he could easily have their assistant GM or VP of Hockey OPs reach out. It's a pretty small world still.

I find it more likely that either that it's being overstated GM's were surprised, or that there is a significant missing piece to this puzzle.

Unless Yzerman developed a substance abuse problem (insert weed joke here), I don't see how he fails to do something so basic unless it's for a reason.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
So here is some out there conspiracy, but what if this is connected to the Goodrow claim and the Rangers have to get Trouba to Detroit at a certain cap percentage retained and they are shopping around to facilitate?
Why would the Rangers trade Trouba? He was just awarded the Messier Award for being the best captain in the NHL just a few weeks ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
I still think Steve is planning something big, there's something he said that caught my attention at his last presser, something along the lines of he is not happy with every move he has made. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seemed like an uncharacteristic thing to say, and it signalled to me at least that patience is over and he thinks the time is now to strike big.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Really seems more and more like a guy Yzerman didn't think was a fit and REALLY wanted to unload, inexplicably to fans.

As much as several people have expressed not wanting to re-sign Gostisbehere, he's not a BAD player or with a BAD contract. Philly packaged up a 2nd and 7th to unload him in 2021.

I don't think there is any magical second shoe dropping any time soon
I don't really mind Ghost, but I have a problem paying him 5-6 mil for 4-5 years to play on the third pairing with easy deployment and be a PP guy. I'd rather just Mo take it again or Edvinsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad