JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
i8or8v1zkqb61.jpg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
He’s playing some horrendous hockey for a guy that wants to park last year and start fresh.

Don’t want to hear about last year? Quit doing the same f***ing thing then.
He's just showing us what not good enough looks like

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
So far im pretty convinced the Oilers are the most boring team to watch this season.
Because we're slow, old, no youthful energy in lineup. lol Podz. Drai feeds him a sure goal into empty net and the guy isn't even ready. Not sure about the one poster saying Drai isn't doing anything. Been the most dangerous around net and making plays. Drai has picked off pucks in Hawks zone 4X today. What are some people watching?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The core is in Rocky III mode regarding the Finals, sure they talked about that not being the case, but it's plain as day they are mentally stuck in June. Not one of the top players wants to shoot the puck. Now I guess we wait and see how long this pity party lasts.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Really regretting buying a last minute ticket.

Mcdavid doesn’t have a point in his last three and 2/3 games if you want to go back to last year. He hasn’t even reallly felt like a threat at any point this year even counting the pre season.

The whole team feels lethargic and “ho-hum”. I’m getting concerned.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Because we're slow, old, no youthful energy in lineup. lol Podz. Drai feeds him a sure goal into empty net and the guy isn't even ready. Not sure about the one poster saying Drai isn't doing anything. Been the most dangerous around net and making plays. Drai has picked off pucks in Hawks zone 4X today. What are some people watching?
I agree, I like Podz though, hes been good except for that situation.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Course not. You'd almost think leaving Connor Bedard alone in the slot 3-4 times in a period is a bad idea. Oilers slow coverage, Opponent speed is just breaking us down along with fast breaks. We're easily caught up ice.
Not as much speed, problem is D out of position, and forwards are either too far up ice or don’t hustle back to catch up. Forwards have really checked out, lackadaisical play at the back and either pass happy or throw it to the point on offense.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Easy to tell what guys are analyzing and watching whats happening. These new guys aren't ready at key moments, McDrai are used to guys hitting open lines with speed, driving the net, getting in on the forecheck. Spinning off guys, Guys like Skinner, Arvidsson, Podkolzin pull up, hesitate, make panic decisions, don't drive wide. McDavid is also struggling which compounds the issue. Draisaitl isn't playing bad at all.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad