W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Chose him, Connolly, and Brian Hart in various drafts in my dynasty league.:naughty:
Nice, I think Hart is severely underrated, much like Killorn was until he made the NHL.
Hopefully they call up Namestnikov with him. Those 2 were separated at birth. Add Gusev to that line and wow what a line. Gusev and Kooch destroyed juniors together back in Russia. That's chemistry
I look forward to...

Gusev - Namestnikov - Kucherov

Sergeev - Nesterov

Vaslilevskiy

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Hopefully they call up Namestnikov with him. Those 2 were separated at birth. Add Gusev to that line and wow what a line. Gusev and Kooch destroyed juniors together back in Russia. That's chemistry
Gusev looks bad these days.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Gusev looks bad these days.
come on, how bad can you be playing 8 minutes per game?
and aren't you a little hasty with your conclusions? the same with kucherov, a good stretch and bum, he's a star in the making :laugh:
the ahl isn't a beer league, of course, but you can't seriously compare it with the khl

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
the ahl isn't a beer league, of course, but you can't seriously compare it with the khl
If he's not good enough to play more than 8 minutes in team like Yugra i don't know what to say. This is not the CSKA where he had a problem with playing because of a strong roster. Althrough some players younger than Gusev have more minutes in CSKA than Gusev in Yugra.
Gusev was overrated after his perfomance in the SSS and WJC couple years ago IMO.
He's a very talented kid with fantastic hockey IQ and great hands but he have alot of weaknesses to be a star on a pro level.
Maybe i'm not right saying he's bad, but he's definitely not as good like some had expected.
Btw, KHL have a team that full of AHL-caliber players. This team looks quiet good :).

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
khrushchev_shoe1.jpg

Wrong guy?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Can someone refresh my memory about why does Nikita Kucherov as been draft #58 overall in the 2011 draft with a performance of 7-11-10-21 in the WJC-18 tournament? The Russian argument ain't enough. Btw, the 2011 draft is a pretty weak one.

Last edited:

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Can someone refresh my memory about why does Nikita Kucherov as been draft #58 overall in the 2011 draft with a performance of 7-11-10-21 in the WJC-18 tournament? The Russian argument ain't enough. Btw, the 2011 draft is pretty weak one.

One-dimensional Russian forward many didn't think would ever go to North America.

Rightly or wrongly, most NHL teams consider more factors than just pure skill at the draft.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
and aren't you a little hasty with your conclusions? the same with kucherov, a good stretch and bum, he's a star in the making :laugh:

Gusev is being shafted by Ugra... They are healthy scratching him currently. They have also been making some weird transactions ie. demoting bulyansky to Lada? Then Safronov and Krivonoshkin. Common its not like their so good that they can sit these guys, even if they started cold, give them a chance, these guys are solid players. Now they are going to play Plotnikov ahead of Gusev by the looks of it. He needs to get out of there --fast

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
If he's not good enough to play more than 8 minutes in team like Yugra i don't know what to say. This is not the CSKA where he had a problem with playing because of a strong roster. Althrough some players younger than Gusev have more minutes in CSKA than Gusev in Yugra.
Gusev was overrated after his perfomance in the SSS and WJC couple years ago IMO.
He's a very talented kid with fantastic hockey IQ and great hands but he have alot of weaknesses to be a star on a pro level.
Maybe i'm not right saying he's bad, but he's definitely not as good like some had expected.
Btw, KHL have a team that full of AHL-caliber players. This team looks quiet good :).

See my post and no way.. Gusev is one of the premier playmaking prospects of the world. Him and Kucherov were magical together in the MHL. These guys were born to play together, a true synergy. As of end of April 2012 he was more accomplished than any of the Russian players in Syracuse. He should have stayed in Amur.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
It'd be spectacular to see Gusev with Kucherov in NA but I don't think Kucherov is going to wait around. If he continues this pace (hell, even half of this pace) I don't see any way possible that he doesn't hit the NHL next year.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Got an assist tonight, scored in the shootout and was the first star of the game. An absolutely great start – I hope he can remain consistent all year.

member 147413

Potential Superstar?

TB is going to have one hell of a core...

Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov
Panik - Namestnikov - Connolly

Hedman - ______
Barberio - Sustr
Aulie - Gudas
Koekkoek

Vasilevsky
Lindback/Bishop

That will be an exciting team to follow.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Potential Superstar?

Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov
Panik - Namestnikov - Connolly

Hedman - ______
Barberio - Sustr
Aulie - Gudas
Koekkoek

Vasilevsky
Lindback/Bishop

I don't know about super star, but I can see him turning out to be a similar player like Semin (production-wise).

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Potential Superstar?

Killorn - Stamkos - Connolly
Drouin - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Erne

Hedman - Gudas
Koekkoek - Sustr
Nesterov - Blujus
Barberio

Vasilevskiy

The lineup looks better that way (only using U25 players).

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
You guys should trade for Grigorenko and then reunite him with Kucherov and Gusev

I probably would have been all about that until I saw Kucherov and Namestnikov play together. Those guys are gold. They're really bringing out the best in JT Brown too.

I could almost see a situation like with Johnson, Palat and Panik this year where they were so good together in the AHL that the whole line sticks in the big leagues. Just not enough roster spots to make it happen.

I think you'll see Kucherov in the NHL next year, probably on the 2nd line with Filppula and Purcell.

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
I probably would have been all about that until I saw Kucherov and Namestnikov play together. Those guys are gold. They're really bringing out the best in JT Brownov too.

I could almost see a situation like with Johnson, Palat and Panik this year where they were so good together in the AHL that the whole line sticks in the big leagues. Just not enough roster spots to make it happen.

I think you'll see Kucherov in the NHL next year, probably on the 2nd line with Filppula and Purcell.

Fixed that :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad