W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

Why? Do you know him?

I think he has a contract with CSKA that will keep him there for a few years. He isn't going to rip up the contract and come over, that's not done anymore - Kuznetsov, Tarasenko are in the same boat.

He also fully realizes that he is not ready for the NHL, yet! I think TBL fans, in the end will want him to play at the highest level possible for him- and that is certainly KHL, not CHL or AHL.

From now on, it'll be interesting to see who develops better- Kucherov or Grigorenko.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If I'm remembering correctly he is currently under contract until the summer that immediately follow the Sochi Olympics. His plan was to stay in Russia to develop, thus increasing his chances to play for the Olympic squad then he would decide on whether to stay in the KHL or move to the NHL after that.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If I'm remembering correctly he is currently under contract until the summer that immediately follow the Sochi Olympics. His plan was to stay in Russia to develop, thus increasing his chances to play for the Olympic squad then he would decide on whether to stay in the KHL or move to the NHL after that.

He'll be 21 then. Good age to cross the pond...

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I think he has a contract with CSKA that will keep him there for a few years. He isn't going to rip up the contract and come over, that's not done anymore - Kuznetsov, Tarasenko are in the same boat.

He also fully realizes that he is not ready for the NHL, yet! I think TBL fans, in the end will want him to play at the highest level possible for him- and that is certainly KHL, not CHL or AHL.

From now on, it'll be interesting to see who develops better- Kucherov or Grigorenko.

In all honesty I would rather him develop in the KHL than the CHL. No culture shock to deal with, close to his friends and family. Prior to what people thing, 18 years are very fragile emotionally. If he came over to the CHL he would be in a country with no friends, doesn't speak the language and family. His support group will be gone. Least in the KHL he will have a very high level of play to keep up with, and hopefully his friends and family can keep his head on straight. If that happens, I think he could turn out to be a star.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
How would Kucherov compare to Maxim Kitsyn? Kirill Petrov? Kirill Kabanov?
Also, is Kucherov worth drafting for my hockey pool farm team?

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
really? Kucherov- KHL; Grigorenko - CHL...

Um, if you want to develop a NHL player, the CHL is the best and most proven route. Unless you mean Kucherov will be a better KHL player?

For a big center like Grigorenko, you'd much rather him play in North America as soon as possible. If he can combine his skill set with a physical two way game, he'll be a superstar.

Plus, the longer a player stays overseas playing for a big club like CSKA, the lower his chances become of ever coming over (and skills translating). They'll likely be able to offer him a bigger contract than a NHL ELC if he does tear it up over the next couple years.

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
Um, if you want to develop a NHL player, the CHL is the best and most proven route. Unless you mean Kucherov will be a better KHL player?

For a big center like Grigorenko, you'd much rather him play in North America as soon as possible. If he can combine his skill set with a physical two way game, he'll be a superstar.

Plus, the longer a player stays overseas playing for a big club like CSKA, the lower his chances become of ever coming over (and skills translating). They'll likely be able to offer him a bigger contract than a NHL ELC if he does tear it up over the next couple years.

Name 5 good russian NHLers from the CHL.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

How many times does this topic have to come up before people finally stop using this absurd argument.

It's been proven over and over again, that the best development route for European players is not the CHL. Give it up, or give us some actual statistical data to counter-act the proven stance we have now.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

This this this. MOST russians need a lot of time in Russia just to grow into their bodies and become confortable in their homeland, then they should come over. I think going to NA before being NHL is a mistake for most Russians.

Lottery Oilers*

There isn't that many good Russian NHLers, period. I'm not trying to provoke but only 9 Russians had more than 30 points last year and only 5 Russians had more than 50 points.

I think times are changing though with Loktionov, Kulikov, Burmistrov, Namestnikov, Khokhlachev + the guys coming over this year.. were going to see more good Russians developed from the CHL.

I think money has been a bigger factor than development in the past. Most of the good Russians are already making good money in Russia so they stay in Russia for the money.. not for some key development ingredient.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
There isn't that many good Russian NHLers, period. I'm not trying to provoke but only 9 Russians had more than 30 points last year and only 5 Russians had more than 50 points.

I think times are changing though with Loktionov, Kulikov, Burmistrov, Namestnikov, Khokhlachev + the guys coming over this year.. were going to see more good Russians developed from the CHL.

I think money has been a bigger factor than development in the past. Most of the good Russians are already making good money in Russia so they stay in Russia for the money.. not for some key development ingredient.

Do you mean that scoring is the only thing in hockey? There is the other side you know...

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

They stay in Russia because it's their homeland, where they feel confortable developing.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
This is a thread about Kucherov, btw. So fair warning that any larger scale sidetrack into the general topic of KHL vs. CHL development past this point will be deleted. It has been done to death. Many of us are very interested in hearing about Kucherov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad