W Beckett Sennecke - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2024, 3rd, ANA)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
5'10" as an OHL draft prospect, 6'3" (apparently) today. Rather than 3-4", sounds more like 5". Pretty different based on typical growth curves.
Most reports/accounts say he went from 5’11” to his current height in 2 years, which is 6’2” according to most sources. I’m sure both the growth spurt and his current height are being exaggerated to some degree. On here especially, the growth spurt keeps getting more extreme. Pretty sure I saw someone claim the other day he went from 5’9” to 6’3” in a year. What will it be by draft time? 😂

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Most reports/accounts say he went from 5’11” to his current height in 2 years, which is 6’2” according to most sources. I’m sure both the growth spurt and his current height are being exaggerated to some degree. On here especially, the growth spurt keeps getting more extreme. Pretty sure I saw someone claim the other day he went from 5’9” to 6’3” in a year. What will it be by draft time? 😂
I googled for those stats. He was 5'10" at the OHL draft. He's cited at 6'2" or 6'3" today. Here's McKeen's hockey saying 5'10" to 6'3". Where are your "most sources"?

I get that you don't like the player, but it seems unnecessary to argue every single post. The growth spurt seems pretty factual.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Mckeen's hockey source. I'm not exaggerating, don't accuse me. You're a pretty unpleasant poster, dude, I'm not sure if you're aware of that.
Thats not what I was referring to there, regarding the exaggerating. I was referring to you claiming that I’m in here “arguing every single post”.

Last edited:

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Okay, I see what you mean by "last half." To me that doesn't really cut it. Drawing lines around a prospect's most productive stretch of games only to arrive at production that is hardly unbelievable is a restatement of the initial observation: that he doesn't produce very much.

But the assessments in this thread are that he's basically faultless with several elite traits. The story doesn't add up to me.
It’s all about how a prospect is trending and their developmental curve. If Sennecke’s season was reversed, a hot beginning and disappointing 2nd half, he wouldn’t have the hype he does. The thinking is that Sennecke has figured it out and will continue on an upward trajectory. It goes without saying that with prospects it’s all about potential, as in how will this player be in 5-10 years, not how good are they right now. The thinking is that it would be smart to get in on Sennecke now when he is just emerging

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Columbus is deciding between this kid and Lindstrom if they take a forward. He went out to dinner with them and Utah at the combine. There is a good chance he goes in the top 6 of this draft. Very strong already and not filled out at all

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It’s all about how a prospect is trending and their developmental curve. If Sennecke’s season was reversed, a hot beginning and disappointing 2nd half, he wouldn’t have the hype he does. The thinking is that Sennecke has figured it out and will continue on an upward trajectory. It goes without saying that with prospects it’s all about potential, as in how will this player be in 5-10 years, not how good are they right now. The thinking is that it would be smart to get in on Sennecke now when he is just emerging
Next year he’s going to tear up the OHL, and go on a long playoff run again likely.

May get a world junior invite next year and the year after (2025/2026) be one of the best in the CHL and a big piece of that WJC team. Whoever drafts him isn’t thinking about next year- they’re thinking about 3 years down the road when he can step in and be an impact player

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
What does he project as? Who are his comparables in the NHL currently?
He's a tricky player to comp because there's still a rawness and Bambi-like clumsiness to his game. At this point, he reminds me mostly of ex-King Alexander Frolov with some James van Riemsdyk, young Alex Nichushkin, and a little Jeff Carter all blended together.

I would love to say he's comparable to a Rick Nash or Ryan Getzlaf but he lacks their "smooth-as-butter" shine they had as draft-year prospects. Watching him and tracking his progress, I see some shades of Michael Dal Colle there, but feel teams will gush over his size and rawness, believing they can dev him into the next elite, big-bodied winger.

While I feel he'll end up a nice player, there is some "boom or bust" at play if a team is taking him in the top 6-8. If he drops to NJD at 10 or Philly at 12, I think there's great value there, but if a team passes on a Demidov or Buium for him, they will look like circus clowns in 4-5 years.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He's a tricky player to comp because there's still a rawness and Bambi-like clumsiness to his game. At this point, he reminds me mostly of ex-King Alexander Frolov with some James van Riemsdyk, young Alex Nichushkin, and a little Jeff Carter all blended together.

I would love to say he's comparable to a Rick Nash or Ryan Getzlaf but he lacks their "smooth-as-butter" shine they had as draft-year prospects. Watching him and tracking his progress, I see some shades of Michael Dal Colle there, but feel teams will gush over his size and rawness, believing they can dev him into the next elite, big-bodied winger.

While I feel he'll end up a nice player, there is some "boom or bust" at play if a team is taking him in the top 6-8. If he drops to NJD at 10 or Philly at 12, I think there's great value there, but if a team passes on a Demidov or Buium for him, they will look like circus clowns in 4-5 years.
He's my nightmare pick for Philly.

Reactions: Guadana

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Dang that’s not showing up on my draft kings app. In fact no draft props show up
IMG_0010.jpeg

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
995 career points in a low scoring era isn’t elite? If you think you’re getting Spezza, you take him first.
I love Spezza and of course if you can take him knowing you're getting his career you're thrilled.

But Jason was a great hockey player, never elite. He never really became the player expected save for a couple of seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad