Value of: Vladimir Tarasenko still on the block?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
i still question how well his repairs will hold up over a whole season. but so far it's looking good. would you take j. guentzel. 3 yrs younger, cheaper, not as good of scorer. post season tank has 51 points and is a -20 ... jake has 48 points and is a +3

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I think it’s a testament to his competitiveness and character how he’s playing with full effort. I’ve watched a few games this Season and Tank is playing fearless again.

Full marks to the man for not mailing it in & pouting. Hearing the Home Crowd give him so much love last week after an amazing performance makes me want to see the relationship with the Organization heal so he chooses to stay.

From Jeremy Rutherford’s Athletic Article, Oct. 26th:

What was more impressive: the first of Vladimir Tarasenko’s two goals or that fans of the team from which he’s requested a trade were chanting his name after a 3-0 win over Los Angeles on Monday?
The goal was something to see. The chant was something to hear.
He made their night, and the crowd of 16,055 made his.
“That was a special moment,” Tarasenko said. “It was very emotional. We always have support from the real fans. I always said it in the interviews: Our family got so much help from people from St. Louis. The support through this 10 years was very awesome.”

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Seattle's entire roster for him.

I will never believe they past up on him. Best player available by a mile to start your franchise... Mind boggling.

I have nothing to back this up with but.... With the timing of the Schwartz signing it seems as if conversations took place before they were allowed to. At the time there were brief whispers of possible tampering. To me it would make sense if there was an agreement in place that Seattle was given permission to talk to Schwartz in return for not selecting Tarasenko. This is 100% speculation on my part but it makes sense in my head.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Seattle's entire roster for him.

I will never believe they past up on him. Best player available by a mile to start your franchise... Mind boggling.

They wanted to pay $10M in goalies! Should have taken Tarasenko and Price based on the other decisions they made

Reactions: banks

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I have nothing to back this up with but.... With the timing of the Schwartz signing it seems as if conversations took place before they were allowed to. At the time there were brief whispers of possible tampering. To me it would make sense if there was an agreement in place that Seattle was given permission to talk to Schwartz in return for not selecting Tarasenko. This is 100% speculation on my part but it makes sense in my head.

Conversations were allowed to take place. Seattle did, according to the rules, talk to Schwartz before free agency began. And the Blues absolutely could have allowed Seattle to speak with Schwartz for nothing at all before then. And the Blues could have traded them "future considerations" in exchange for not selecting Tarasenko. There's no need for it to be some back alley agreement, especially from Seattle's perspective.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Conversations were allowed to take place. Seattle did, according to the rules, talk to Schwartz before free agency began. And the Blues absolutely could have allowed Seattle to speak with Schwartz for nothing at all before then. And the Blues could have traded them "future considerations" in exchange for not selecting Tarasenko. There's no need for it to be some back alley agreement, especially from Seattle's perspective.

Seattle was allowed to talk to any pending free agent prior to the expansion draft, they had an exclusive three day window so they didn't need the Blues permission. So technically, they could've talked to Schwartz and have a ballpark idea of what they were going to offer him, picked Taranseko, and then circled back and finished off negotations with Schwartz once the official free agency started. St. Louis could've signed Schwartz after losing Tarasenko so there is a bit of a gamble for Seattle, but really...

Francis was just a dumb ass and liked Schwartz more than Tarasenko.

Edit: nvm that's exactly what you're saying :laugh:

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri

I am aware of all this. It would not have been a "back alley agreement". And as i said it is entirely speculation on my part as for why Seattle didnt take Tarasenko.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Price has no doubt gone up since the off-season. What would it take from the Devils?
Without any retention .
Any combination of these work?
Bratt
Sharangovich
Bahl
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir
Draft picks

Mercer and Holtz are a no go.
Obvious players like Hughes brothers , Nico , Hamilton , Smith , Blackwood as well.
Doesn’t leave much but taking on the entire cap hit might lower the cost enough to make something work?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Or Seattle could have drafted Tarasenko and then signed Schwartz.

Dunn was the obvious pick though. And the Blues would have been pretty happy to have Tarasenko drafted at the time from what I recall.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Price has no doubt gone up since the off-season. What would it take from the Devils?
Without any retention .
Bratt
Sharangovich
Bahl
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir
Draft picks

Obvious players like Hughes brothers , Nico , Hamilton , Smith , Blackwood as well.
Doesn’t leave much but taking on the entire cap hit might lower the cost enough to make something work?

The devils seem like a more unlikely destination now.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Does anyone know if he still wants out though? Seems maybe with the good start for both him and the Blues he might have changed his mind.?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Seattle was allowed to talk to any pending free agent prior to the expansion draft, they had an exclusive three day window so they didn't need the Blues permission. So technically, they could've talked to Schwartz and have a ballpark idea of what they were going to offer him, picked Taranseko, and then circled back and finished off negotations with Schwartz once the official free agency started. St. Louis could've signed Schwartz after losing Tarasenko so there is a bit of a gamble for Seattle, but really...

Francis was just a dumb ass and liked Schwartz more than Tarasenko.

Edit: nvm that's exactly what you're saying :laugh:

This. If that wasn't true Adam Larsson could still be an Oiler

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Does anyone know if he still wants out though? Seems maybe with the good start for both him and the Blues he might have changed his mind.?
It was reported even after the first 2-3 games and a hit start that he still wanted out. Not sure what Blues management thinks or maybe Tarasenko himself has changed his mind since then but last I heard is that he still wanted out.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Without any retention .
Bratt
Sharangovich
Bahl
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir
Draft picks

I suspect the team would be targeting Sharangovich and Bahl if there were actual discussions going on. More likely this is a situation where he is moved closer to the TDL when the desperation level around the league increases and he presumably has had the opportunity to prove that his shoulder is holding up for (almost) an entire season, or in the offseason prior to the draft.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
It was reported even after the first 2-3 games and a hit start that he still wanted out. Not sure what Blues management thinks or maybe Tarasenko himself has changed his mind since then but last I heard is that he still wanted out.

All we know is that Jeremy Rutherford contorted his entire body into the shape of a megaphone for Tarasenko's agent over the summer and has acted like a brat when people questioned him about it despite his predictions not coming true. He's the one who has said he still wants out. We have no idea if that's actually from Tarasenko's camp now or if that's JR just trying to save face because he showed his hand and his whole ass. We'll have to see.

However, as a fan, my speculation is that he'd still like to be traded, but it might not be as intense while he's playing winning hockey with his pals.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Don't listen to rumors spread by people who make their living by dropping "breaking news" on twitter. They'll say anything for click bait. The Tarasenko trade request was blown way out of proportion.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Without any retention .
Bratt
Sharangovich
Bahl
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir
Draft picks

I floated the idea of Bahl and a pick for Tarasenko in a previous thread. Many NJ fans gave it a hard pass, basically stating Bahl was untouchable. This was before the season started, though.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blues fans believe Tarasenko would fetch at least a 1st + B prospect after this whole season and playoffs especially because his actual salary is 5.5M the final year.

Thus from a fan perspective we would want a better add to the 1st if a team wants him for two playoffs and can really evaluate whether they want to extend him after seeing him with their team.

if he is behind the scenes still asking for a trade ASAP we can only speculate.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Without any retention .
Bratt
Sharangovich
Bahl
Foote
Boqvist
Shakir
Draft picks

I see no reason to trade Tarsenko for 3rd liners and B level prospects. None of those players make our team better, Of course you would be willing to toss them in.

He isn’t t a cap dump. So you taking his cap hit doesn’t have any value this year.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
A team taking Tarasenko’s entire hit would enable the Blues to acquire Lindholm without subtracting Scandella. I can see Armstrong going that route if the right prospect is on the table and if someone like Lindholm (an acquisition for now + future) is also available. Lot of ifs. Blues are getting hit pretty good with Covid subtractions and are happy to watch Tarasenko prove to everyone he will be a playoff impact forward for whomever acquires him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad