Proposal: Ville Pokka for your young Top9 forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Spooner for Pokka?

My fellow Finn, delete it before no-one sees it. My quote spoils it though.

I would do this any day of the week and twice on sundays. Horrible for Bruins, Blackhawks add and the + is too much I'm afraid.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Something around Pearson wouldn't be awful. Kings need some young blood that can contribute, and Forbort might be a swing and a miss.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not positive he's completely NHL ready if Chicago decided to re-sign Rozival instead of giving Pokka a spot, considering how badly Chicago needs depth defense. Seems odd, but I don't know the inner workings of Chicago Blackhawks prospects.
It's dollar values. Rosi makes 650 while Pokka makes 925.. So cap wise at the deadline it might be important. I don't think Rosi dresses for a game this year

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
My fellow Finn, delete it before no-one sees it. My quote spoils it though.

I would do this any day of the week and twice on sundays. Horrible for Bruins, Blackhawks add and the + is too much I'm afraid.

I was pretty confident that Hawks would need to add. It's just that Bruins are overloaded with top-9 forwards and desperately need top-4 defenders.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I'm not positive he's completely NHL ready if Chicago decided to re-sign Rozival instead of giving Pokka a spot, considering how badly Chicago needs depth defense. Seems odd, but I don't know the inner workings of Chicago Blackhawks prospects.

Rozsival has nothing to do with Pokka's roster spot. Rozsival was re-signed to be the 7th defensemen. His cap hit is lower than Pokka. There is no reason for Pokka to sit in the press box as the 7th defensemen anyway.

The issue with Pokka is he has Hjalmarsson (a lefty that prefers playing the right side), Seabrook, and TvR ahead of him as regulars. Pokka has to prove he is a better option than TvR (possible, but difficult as a 21 year old with no NHL experience) or Michael Kempny (who has no NHL experience, but is European veteran expected to contribute right away). Until Pokka is good enough to unseat one of them, or if Campbell is not re-signed next season, then he is better served getting first pairing minutes in Rockford.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com

I think Roszival was resigned mainly to help Kempny get acclimatised to N. American ice and culture. Plus, for expansion purposes Roszival fulfilling certain requirements.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Rozsival has nothing to do with Pokka's roster spot. Rozsival was re-signed to be the 7th defensemen. His cap hit is lower than Pokka. There is no reason for Pokka to sit in the press box as the 7th defensemen anyway.

The issue with Pokka is he has Hjalmarsson (a lefty that prefers playing the right side), Seabrook, and TvR ahead of him as regulars. Pokka has to prove he is a better option than TvR (possible, but difficult as a 21 year old with no NHL experience) or Michael Kempny (who has no NHL experience, but is European veteran expected to contribute right away). Until Pokka is good enough to unseat one of them, or if Campbell is not re-signed next season, then he is better served getting first pairing minutes in Rockford.

Gotcha. Appreciate the info. I hadn't heard of Kempny before, so thanks for the clarification. Rozival as a 7th makes sense.

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
Will Pokka even play one more year in AHL or will he go back to Europe? He is loosing money while playing in AHL and has nothing to gain. If he would decide to play for example in KHL he would get approx. 500k. Remember he did play for Finland as 1st line D in last WC.

Boston would be ideal but for Spooner the sweetener has to be big.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
I'd be willing to fork over Virtanen but I think CHI has to add a bit

You might be willing to, but thank god the Canucks have more brains than that.
Pokka is not good enough to break into this season's re-vamped defense roster but he is good enough to likely be claimed on waivers if the Canucks tried to send him to Utica. On top of that he has played enough AHL games that unless one of the Canucks three protected defensemen (likely Edler, Tanev & Gudbranson) are left unportected then Pokka would have to be left exposed in the Expansion Draft. Even if he clears all that, Pokka is an RFA next seadon and will be expecting a big raise in the same year the Canucks have a list of RFA's to re-sign.

On top of all that, there is no way the Canucks want to trade Virtanen. He is developing quite well into one of our new core players. Power Forward is one of the harder positions to obtain & usually takes a couple of years longer than that of other forward positions.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Not interested in Pokka to the Canucks. He would only be a depth defenseman at most. We have similar but better players in Tryamkin, Hutton, Larsen, Subban, Brisebois, Stecher, Biega and Pedan all that don't require us give up a player or pick in trade.

Lol, can you please explain how all (actually any) of these players are better prospects than Ville Pokka? I get being confident in your team but this is a huge homer post. Just a heads up, Pokka is ranked higher than every single prospect you listed and just put up almost 50pts in his second AHL season, outscoring Subban while playing better defense. If the Canucks traded for Pokka he would instantly become the #1 defensive prospect. I'd seriously love to hear a justification as to how all these guys are better than Pokka. :laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Lol, can you please explain how all (actually any) of these players are better prospects than Ville Pokka? I get being confident in your team but this is a huge homer post. Just a heads up, Pokka is ranked higher than every single prospect you listed and just put up almost 50pts in his second AHL season, outscoring Subban while playing better defense. If the Canucks traded for Pokka he would instantly become the #1 defensive prospect. I'd seriously love to hear a justification as to how all these guys are better than Pokka. :laugh:

I'd have Hutton comfortably ahead.

Tyamkin a case can be made for (a giant that showed some NHL ability is rare and valuable).

the rest I'd have Pokka ahead.

A shame we wasted Shinkaruk, he might have been a good piece.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Pokka is not good enough to break into this season's re-vamped defense roster but he is good enough to likely be claimed on waivers if the Canucks tried to send him to Utica. On top of that he has played enough AHL games that unless one of the Canucks three protected defensemen (likely Edler, Tanev & Gudbranson) are left unportected then Pokka would have to be left exposed in the Expansion Draft. Even if he clears all that, Pokka is an RFA next seadon and will be expecting a big raise in the same year the Canucks have a list of RFA's to re-sign.

Pokka is waiver exempt this year so you can send him down.

Pokka is better than Pedan.

Pokka isn't getting a big raise unless he breaks into the NHL and put up a ton of points. In which case "hurray" we won the trade big time.

Expansion is the only risk. Then again it is a risk with a lot of teams prospects.

(and while he isn't worth Virtanen he is still worth looking at). Gaunce or Granlund+ would be a smart (not expansion exempt either)

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I'd have Hutton comfortably ahead.

Tyamkin a case can be made for (a giant that showed some NHL ability is rare and valuable).

the rest I'd have Pokka ahead.

A shame we wasted Shinkaruk, he might have been a good piece.

I actually wasn't even considering Hutton as a prospect since he played a full season in the NHL last year.

Josh Bailey for Pokka?

No thank you. Cant really take on contracts. The only thing that would be enticing enough to move Pokka is an NHL ready ELC winger coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad