Proposal: Ville Pokka for your young Top9 forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
It's not that we really want to get rid of Pokka. I still think he'll be a quality top 4 defender in the NHL. It's just I think the Hawks orginization is higher on forsling (who won't need to be protected) where as pokka will. Why lose pokka in the expansion draft when we can trade him for a bigger need? (young winger on an ELC)

The kid should have been in the NHL last season, getting experience and increasing value. I'd let him play this year, sink or swim and try to deal him at the deadline if it came to that before selling him off for pennies on the dollar.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
The kid should have been in the NHL last season, getting experience and increasing value. I'd let him play this year, sink or swim and try to deal him at the deadline if it came to that before selling him off for pennies on the dollar.

The only problem with that is there is very literally no room for him to play in the NHL this season:

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Kempny - TVR
Rosival/Forsling/Gustaffson/Pokka

IamAnton

Aug 14, 2014
Winnipeg
Winnipeg has a trillion bottom 6'ers right now.. I'm sure Chevy would gladly give 1 up for some defensive depth..

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would definitely like him on the Oil. How's his shot from the point? Did he QB the PP in the AHL?

From the same town as Puljujarvi, would be good for him in the locker room.

Not sure we'd have what you're looking for. Best I can come up with is Hendricks @ 50% retention (900k) + Caleb Jones. Hendo is an excellent heart and soul 4th liner, I'd really like to see him have a shot at a cup. CJ is Seth's little brother, had a nice first season in the WHL last year, 2nd pair upside, still has 1 sliding year of ELC, then 3 ELC years.

Not sure that gets it done, but best I could come up with.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
The only problem with that is there is very literally no room for him to play in the NHL this season:

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Kempny - TVR
Rosival/Forsling/Gustaffson/Pokka

Still really wish they did not re-sign Roszi.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Hawks won't sell him for pennies on the dollar because they can protect him over TVR if he is really a top 4 guy. They need to try and move him for a winger equivalent. Kapanen is the guy I personally want.

as15

Sep 21, 2012
Still really wish they did not re-sign Roszi.

Why not? He is a great fit as a #7 or #8 at this point. It doesn't matter if he spends a month straight in the press box like it would with Forsling, Pokka, or Gustafsson. Let the kids play huge minutes in Rockford. Rozsival is not blocking anyone right now, TVR and Kempny are.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
I'd be willing to fork over Virtanen but I think CHI has to add a bit

I agree but then comes the argument of the only player that Canucks fans would want added is Schmaltz, and then the argument comes of who Vancouver adds.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
As strange as it would be, would the Hawks take Kevin Hayes? We could use Pokka (and maybe a 3rd with him)

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
No to Leivo, nevermind Leivo +... I swear to god this guy is the next Steen. No one wants to give him a chance, not even his own fan base.. Even after scoring 4 goals in 5 games before being demoted to the 4th line for some unknown reason.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
No to Leivo, nevermind Leivo +... I swear to god this guy is the next Steen. No one wants to give him a chance, not even his own fan base.. Even after scoring 4 goals in 5 games before being demoted to the 4th line for some unknown reason.

I'm with you .. I'm very interested in Pokka , but not for leivo . I honestly think leivo would be on the team if we did not have all these cap dump contracts. I'd be willing to part with Holland, or Leipsic plus maybe a late pick , but I want to see what leivo and kapanen can do. I do not think leafs management is even thinking of moving kapanen. I think the kid would crumble if he was traded again already. it took him most of the season to feel comfortable and not home sick.

Everblades13

May 24, 2016
If he can QB the PP then I would definitely hope that the Lightning would look into dealing for him.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I'm not positive he's completely NHL ready if Chicago decided to re-sign Rozival instead of giving Pokka a spot, considering how badly Chicago needs depth defense. Seems odd, but I don't know the inner workings of Chicago Blackhawks prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad