Proposal: Ville Pokka for your young Top9 forward

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ville Pokka is ready to be in the NHL now, he has nothing left to learn in the AHL, but his ceiling is probably a 3 at this point with him most likely being a 4-5. Hawks have a lot of younger defensive pieces like forsling that are exempt from the expansion draft and Pokka is not. I've seen Kapanen thrown around. Shoot away.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Any interest in Leipsic? He also seems ready for an NHL stint; the Leafs just seem too loaded up front with guys a little further along and more Babcock type.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
Pokka is still waivers exempt so you definitely should either keep him in the AHL and call him up for emergencies or hold out for really decent value.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kapanen is fine from this Leafs fan

Fan of both teams. This would be too much.

Leipsic would be a strong consideration, think Q would love him and he'd be kind of a Shaw replacement, a touch smaller but probably a bit more talented. Although Chicago does have Hartman who is ready to join the NHL too.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
If you want a top 9 forward now, then Leipsic is your guy.

If you can wait a couple years then Kapanen might be a better choice.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
What about Leivo? Approximately a year older than Pokka, He's also a fairly strong winger who has shown he can produce in his small NHL sample last year. He's not the shiniest piece but he could really excel with the right line mates. At 23 he's waiver eligible despite being NHL ready and plays at a crowded position which makes him one of our more expendable assets. We might have to add a small sweetener from the Leafs, but I'm not sure what.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
What about Leivo? Approximately a year older than Pokka, He's also a fairly strong winger who has shown he can produce in his small NHL sample last year. He's not the shiniest piece but he could really excel with the right line mates. At 23 he's waiver eligible despite being NHL ready and plays at a crowded position which makes him one of our more expendable assets. We might have to add a small sweetener from the Leafs, but I'm not sure what.

There is a part of me that can see Leivo on Toew's LW and doing really well, especially if he has a huge summer.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Leipsic has 6 games of NHL experience. He's a potential top 9 forward, but not one yet. A Leipsic for Pokka deal favors Toronto.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Leafs perspective I'd do one of
Kapanen 1 for 1
Leivo + Holland
Holland + 4th
Leivo + 4th

But I'm also much more convinced that pokka will be legit than most are probably

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Kapanen may be somewhat lost in our glut of forward prospects; so I wouldn't be overly upset if he was moved for some D help. I just have a 'surprise me' feeling with him; I am purposely allowing him to go unnoticed/not in the current lineup and hope he can force his way onto this team.

I do like a lot of his game; to me, he seems to think the game at a high end - has the skills to keep up with any of our prospects. It'll be intriguing to see what happens with forwards like him, Leipsic, Bracco, Timashov, Johnson etc. We have a bunch of Kapanens in our system.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
We won't need to protect Kapanen but we will be forced to protect Pokka if I'm not mistaken, I'd much rather do a "non exempt for non exempt deal"

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Wish the Islanders had a spot for him..... really dumb if Chicago trades this kid before giving him a shot, selling way low right now.

It's not that we really want to get rid of Pokka. I still think he'll be a quality top 4 defender in the NHL. It's just I think the Hawks orginization is higher on forsling (who won't need to be protected) where as pokka will. Why lose pokka in the expansion draft when we can trade him for a bigger need? (young winger on an ELC)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad