Value of: Vilardi for Brannstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i'm more impressed by the fact that he brought up this month-old post for an "i told you so"

Especially when the presumption is Brannstrom is misused, not bad, but Vilardi is bad, not misused.

Just a further illustration of one's own ignorance but a month later bump for a self-own. Kinda neat.

Reactions: kinghock and tny760

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Swap of ‘17 first rounders in need of a change of scenery.

Brannstrom will allow LA to send down Bjornfot for more seasoning in the minors and give them a legit puck moving defender that can run one their power plays.

Viladri could Benefit from the change of scenery and could allow Ottawa to move on from Tierney as their 3C.

And why does Kings need Barnstorm?
Bjornfot is already > Brannstrom

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
And why does Kings need Barnstorm?
Bjornfot is already > Brannstrom
Kings need a PP QB.
Bjornfot isn’t that. Nor will he ever be.

Clarke is likey two years away and Brannstrom would come relatively cheap.

Two players on the outs in their teams for each other. Kings need a defender and Sens need a Forward.

Just seems like an obvious move.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kings need a PP QB.

Two players on the outs in their teams for each other. Kings need a defender and Sens need a Forward.

????

But we don't need a defender.
If any, we talk a young top 2 projected prospect which we got in Clark.
If no cheap top4 defenders are around, there is no reason to make a trade.

The Kings are still extremely high on Vilardi, he is only going in a trade for a top prospect

If you guys absolutely must insist on a Brannstrom trade, the absolute top i would offer is Lizotte or Dudas

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
????

But we don't need a defender.
If any, we talk a young top 2 projected prospect which we got in Clark.
If no cheap top4 defenders are around, there is no reason to make a trade.

The Kings are still extremely high on Vilardi, he is only going in a trade for a top prospect

If you guys absolutely must insist on a Brannstrom trade, the absolute top i would offer is Lizotte or Dudas

we need a defender, just not this one

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Kings need a PP QB.

The only things obvious about Branstrom that he is undersized (5”10) and not good defensively.
Kings do not need player which combines these 2 qualities.
P.S. Bjornfot is > > Brannstrom defensively.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Bran was playing quite well since the covid callup. Definitely don't want to move the kid now that he's starting to scratch the surface of his potential.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
A few years ago this might have been fair, but Brannstrom hasn’t been able to do much even in the AHL. Vilardi has shown potential in the NHL and has good size. The only way this happens is if Vilardi keeps getting injured…

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
6 points in 12 games is barely a prospect yeah okay
Yes. He’s got only 6 points in 12 AHL games on an otherwise stacked AHL team. He’s 22. That’s not very impressive. Looks like maybe a bottom line NhL player as his ceiling. He’s maybe worth a 3rd rounder. Probably not though. Kings have some good prospects. Madden isn’t one of them.

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Vilardi is always injured, but still has far more value. Brannstrom is a bust. I expect Vilardi to be traded in a bigger package.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Vilardi will be tested on the wing while he is in the AHL. Kings are locked up down the middle.

If Vilardi can find his consistency and place on the wing he could be a great option. Guy is so talented. Time will tell.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Brannstrom is a bust lol

HF boards never disappoints.

Bran was playing quite well since the covid callup. Definitely don't want to move the kid now that he's starting to scratch the surface of his potential.

Yeah but Dorion lacks foresight big time. He will wait until the last minute until the asset loses most of its value.

They have already decided he was not part of the long term plans. They don't want him on his off-side (RD), which is understandable and they don't have a long term spot on LD for him with Chabot, Sanderson and Kleven. OK so trade him now or play him (in a good situation) to boost his value (too late he's injured!)

Clogging the left side with Del Zotto and FAILING to acquire a decent RD to play with Chabot is just another management failure. Brannstrom and Zub was a great pairing to end the season, it was working well. That should have been the plan but no, they had to "overthink" it

So since it was not going to be the plan, they should have traded him already but probably didn't find the "perfect deal they liked". They will wait until next season when there is even more of a logjam and Brannstrom needing waivers. They might be forced to trade him for reduced value (probably a 2nd)

Much like Duclair and Balcers, Brannstrom will benefit another team.

????If you guys absolutely must insist on a Brannstrom trade, the absolute top i would offer is Lizotte or Dudas

I never heard of Dudas... so I looked him up and what can I say but lol

Lizotte... hmmm ok

I mean... you don't have to like the Vilardi proposal but no need to make ridiculous counters.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad