Value of: Vilardi for Brannstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Swap of ‘17 first rounders in need of a change of scenery.

Brannstrom will allow LA to send down Bjornfot for more seasoning in the minors and give them a legit puck moving defender that can run one their power plays.

Viladri could Benefit from the change of scenery and could allow Ottawa to move on from Tierney as their 3C.

Reactions: Yak and HockeyWooot

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Swap of ‘17 first rounders in need of a change of scenery.

Brannstrom will allow LA to send down Bjornfot for more seasoning in the minors and give them a legit puck moving defender that can run one their power plays.

Viladri could Benefit from the change of scenery and could allow Ottawa to move on from Tierney as their 3C.
Vilardi is much more valuable than Brannstrom, IMO.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Vilardi is much more valuable than Brannstrom, IMO.
How so? I agree hes a little more valueable but “much”?

Vilardi is a diminishing asset on LA. They Have Kopitar and Danault ahead of him, they clearly have Turcotte and Byfield ahead of him on the depth chart too so hes stuck playing 3rd/4th line minutes. Hes not a 4th line guy. He could be moved to wing but dont think LA is going to do it if they haven't already.
LA needs a defender, preferably a puck moving defender. Brannstrom is that. and hes aged 22 so he fits right in with the rest of their core.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
He just played 11 minutes in the game against the Predators. Safe to say hes running out of time.

Even if the Kings send Bjornfot down, they still have Anderson, Edler and Maata at LD... which of them do you see Brannstrom displacing in the lineup?

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020

Vilardi is a diminishing asset on LA. They Have Kopitar and Danault ahead of him, they clearly have Turcotte and Byfield ahead of him on the depth chart too so hes stuck playing 3rd/4th line minutes. Hes not a 4th line guy. He could be moved to wing but dont think LA is going to do it if they haven't already.
LA needs a defender, preferably a puck moving defender. Brannstrom is that. and hes aged 22 so he fits right in with the rest of their core.
No to trading Vilardi He hasn't played a full season yet Give him time to adapt/ Counter offer for Bra nnstrom Maden or jad

Reactions: YP44 and go4hockey

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Even if the Kings send Bjornfot down, they still have Anderson, Edler and Maata at LD... which of them do you see Brannstrom displacing in the lineup?
Matta without a 2nd thought. He was a aweful defenseman last year forthe kings/

Reactions: go4hockey

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I mean when I watch Gabe Vilardi play, he’s extremely impressive at the NHL level already. Very dangerous and not fun to play against. Much more impressive than Brannstrom, from what I’ve seen. I would personally value Vilardi much more highly based on what I’ve seen.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
11 minutes is completely reasonable for Vilardi playing behind Kopitar and Danault. No one here is complaining about him. You might want to check the credibility of the person giving you information about the kings. The kid was out for almost 2 years and he is shown resilience and commitment that is a sign of maturity that we need on this team. The kid is going nowhere I’m also not sure where you got the information that puts Turcotte ahead of him on the teams prospect list. I firmly believe Vilardi will be the Ron Francis to QB’s first line C in time.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Vilardi is probably a tad much, but nothing else comes close to getting me excited as a Sens fan. Not sure I see a fit honestly.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Scoring at a 35 point pace in your rookie NHL season means you need a change of scenery?

Although Brannstrom wasnt a rookie last year, this actually basically applies to both of them. Brannstrom is more likely to be dealt than Vilardi, though.
Vilardi is probably a tad much, but nothing else comes close to getting me excited as a Sens fan. Not sure I see a fit honestly.

I do think Brann gets underrated by some around here... scored at a 35pt pace last year in limited minutes and just turned 22 last month.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What's funny about Brannstrom is that the vast majority of Senators fans like him and want to see him in the line-up.

The team plays better and moves the puck better with him playing.

It's outright bizarre how he's being treated.

Reactions: TheNewEra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad