OT: Video Games VI

Sep 19, 2008
Was pleasantly surprised I could download NHL 24 roster updates with FA moves as recently as 7/3 meaning Logan Thompson is my starting goalie with the Caps

Reactions: Devil Dancer

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If anyone is looking for a city builder, Cities Skylines 2 is much improved from launch and it's on PC GamePass. The dev dropped a 57gb patch yesterday with a bunch of new content.

I'm also playing Octopath Traveler 2 on GamePass, it's not bad.

And MGSV on the Steam Deck while I ride the stationary bike.

Next up: probably Shadow of the Erdtree.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I still have a lot of fun with it but I came in about 3 months after the game came out so never experience that high player count. I end up playing a lot over night so end up playing with a lot of asian/aussie players, heh.
Haven't played much with the spear it is pretty sweet. New update today a 5 or 6 more bridge modules.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'd say I'm about 50% through Hogwarts Legacy.

Pros:
* one of the most beautiful fantasy settings since Skyrim / Witcher 3
The town of Hogsmead in particular is absolutely jawdropping.
* almost note for note faithful to the books, from potions and herbology classes, to flying around on brooms
* combat is a blast, with tons of possible attack combinations.

Cons:
* long loadtimes for just about everything
* open world is kind of sparse
* bestiary is tiny

8.5 out of 10 so far. I wish the open world was more packed with cool stuff, but other than that, really enjoying it.
Surprising hit.

About 80% through it now. Combat just gets better as the game progresses, SO many options, its unbelievable.
Really the only problem I have with it is the long load times, but even these are bearable. 8.5 out of 10 sounds about right.

Going to give Kingdom Come Deliverance: Royal Edition a go next. I really do want to played Elden Ring, but I've been
scared off by people claiming boss fights are way too hard. I mean why make a game where you can't adjust the difficulty
settings. No one wants to pay $60 for a game that you can't even complete. Strange decision from FromSoftware.

EDIT: Finished Hogwarts Legacy tonight. I'm going to upgrade it to a full blown 9 out 10. The game shattered my expectations.
Its two strengths are its tremendous combat -- SO many spell and talent combinations-- and a surprisingly
interesting open world to explore outside of Hogwarts Castle. The side quests available in the open world don't feel generic,
but distinct, carefully crafted quests -- most of them feel DLC quality.

One of the best fantasy games I've played on the Playstation. I would even go so far as to put it ahead of Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
UT is fine in NCAA and pretty much practice and adjusting to the new revamped passing mode. started a jmu dynasty as a defensive coordinator and scheduled the Virginia gauntlet. blown out by vt 33-9

I want NCAA but I really don't want to give EA $70.
this is one of the few ea games Worth 70 dollars.

and I get Madden and fc and pga golf and f1 every year on PC (100 dollar game pass)

I would strongly recommend this game if you like college sports or NCAA in general

Reactions: Cappy76

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
MLB the show 24 - for hitting, putting the cursor/aim at the top of the strike zone/box before the pitch then keeping it there or only going down is really helping me. Simplifies it .. i dont chase as much.

--------------

NCAA25 .. but what if your a terps fan and the Terps suck? I dont want to get smoked by ohio state/penn state/michigan/northwestern/purdue/indiana/rutgers in real life and in fantasy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
MLB the show 24 - for hitting, putting the cursor/aim at the top of the strike zone/box before the pitch then keeping it there or only going down is really helping me. Simplifies it .. i dont chase as much.

--------------

NCAA25 .. but what if you’re a terps fan and the Terps suck? I dont want to get smoked by ohio state/penn state/michigan/northwestern/purdue/indiana/rutgers in real life and in fantasy
For NCAA, if you’re playing other people online make sure you choose the right tier to play. I play with Navy and make sure I’m in Tier III.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad